• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] World Editor Crashes Upon Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been trying to get back into the community, and just now have I decided to use the world editor and relearn some of the basics about it. Upon booting it up it gives me an error message.

World Editor.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because ClientSdk.dll was not
found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I don't want to reinstall Warcraft 3 on limited internet, since I have to use BNet for it to work.
Anybody know how to fix this crash, or if reinstalling would even work? I kind of want to make maps again.

Last edited:
Level 3
Are you sure the entire folder of Warcraft not damaged? Do you run in Admin mode?
I do not run in administrator and the regular game works perfectly fine. The world editor does not work in adminstrator or otherwise, same error message.
Did you check whether you have that ClientSdk.dll file in your War3 folder? I can see it in mine, so I assume it's required for things to work.

If it's missing, you may have to reinstall the game.
Yeah, I may have to, but it's only a problem with the world editor. I'll get to it eventually, if it doesn't work I'll let you know.

Level 3
Status
Not open for further replies.