• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] World Editor crash upon deleting unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello I have been experiencing a really annoying issue with World Editor. Whenever I try to delete certain units the World Editor will crash instantly with an error (I provided a picture bellow). Some units crash, some don't.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,006
Level 22
Strange indeed.

Some things you could try:
- Open the map in normal worldedit, and delete the unit. You will need to disable any vJASS scripts.
- Delete the unit type in the unit editor, this will cause all preplaced units of that type to be deleted.

I forgot to mention that it crashes when I delete it in object editor, not on the terrain.
I tried it in the normal editor now, same thing happens.

Level 22
Did you try first deleting all units from the map of that type and then deleting the unit type in object editor?

Yes.

Right.

- Export object data and reimport.
- Export object data, import to a new map, attempt to delete unit, transfer object data back.

I really hope that's not my only chance, because doing so will give me hours of work to sync the triggers back to the imported units.

EDIT: Tried it, still crashes.

Last edited:
Level 19
post the map, i can remove it via MPQ editor for you..

e/ its multiple units... Are you sure that its the units and not your editor?

Level 4
I remember seeing someone else post this same problem. I also have it in one of my maps that has over 1000 custom units. If I remember right, it is caused by having units that share the same object ID. For me it was caused by working on the units in another map file and some of the data didn't transfer right between the maps. I haven't found a way to fix it, but just renamed the units to "Do Not Delete" and continued along my merry way.

Status
Not open for further replies.