• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Working in "tauren rpg character"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Ok,so this is a skin for a map it is the basic tauren class the adventurer
adventurer can especialize in 3 class when they get level 10
what do you think?

Attachments

• new tauren.JPG
    new tauren.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,888
  • Minotaur.JPG
    Minotaur.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 363
Level 10
Pretty good, but a few things:
In the unwrap he has the same-colored hooves, but the wrap has is rear hoof completely diffrent from the front one. You should fix that.
You need to get better animations for this unit than the Tauren ones, because he looks weird without the totem.
Other than that, this is pretty good. Fix the unwrap and get some animations for it and it should work great.

Level 5
In my opinion, the skin works very well for a "peasant" tauren, but considering he's an adventurer, I'd suggest you give him a more grungy look by adding in some wear lines or showing some smudges by using the burn tool. That'd make the character look like a new guy in the sense he's kinda poor, but not squeaky clean brand new. I guess it depends on the story behind your character more than my opinion thougn.

About what model to use: If you use the regular tauren model it needs to look like it's holding something, like a villager carrying goods to sell at the fair. If you want to use a more versatile model, I'd suggest (like the above posters) basing the skin off of the razormane cheiftain or tauren chieftain hero to get a good weapon swing animation or, if you can pull it off, an edited doomguard. The doomguard has the cool spell animation and an already tauren-like shape, and you just need to change the skin, armor, and wings, but the quilboar has a better premade mane style and the tauren chieftain already looks like a tauren! X^D

Status
Not open for further replies.