• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon empires Multimap rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Dragon Empires MMORPG

The Maintheme in this project is that there are many maptypes like AoS , PvP Battlegrounds , Story-Rpg maps which can all be played with one character who can be loaded in each of the maps.

In the Mainmap the Character/Class/Skills will be choosen.This character can be saved and loaded in all other Dragon Empire games.

Actually you can choose also a character if you never played Dragon Empires Mainmap before and get into an AoS.But theese characters will be default characters and not as custumiced as characters created in the mainmap.

In other maps the players can fight with their Characters in Areanas or AoS-maps or just take default characters.

Lvl 60 characters to lvl 1 chars will be as strong as lvl 10 chars to lvl 1 heroes in melee warcraft 3 game.

Classes and Classsystem:
Each Hero will have a spellbook with 12 spells of his class, 4 spells which are individuall by the hero modell and can be leveled and 1 raceabbility.
Classes: Asassine, Paladine ,Berserker ,Shadowdacer(rangers and shamans) ,Mages , Warlocks

In discussion are Weaponclasses which are matching to the heromodells.(example: tauren chieftain modell has an axe, so he can only carry axes)
Weaponclasses would be: Axes, Swords, Staffs, Magical Gloves, Claws ,Bows

So the objective of this project is to have many maps in which one character can be loaded :)

Level 9
No its not a campaign because its not a pack of maps which match together in the story.There will be Dotalike maps and such things, in which you can all load your character.
Multiplayer is possible, if you use savecodes like in most rpgs ;)
No the map is not completet ^^ Its in moment more an idea than something else ;)

Level 9
Yeah help would be very nice.
Just visit www.dragonempires.tk (the forums is in german, but theres nothing necessary in it ;))
Just tell what kind of game you would like to make (instance, aos , pvp arena , survival...) , or what you can best (triggering, landscaping , heromaking etc. )
In moment we have 1 jasser and 3 allrounders
Maps in work:
Mainmap
Zombiesurvival
Instance (rexxar campaign feeling)
pvp arena

Level 9
I'm good at triggering, so I think I can do the spells and other triggering stuff.
If you let me work on the triggered spells, I suggest that you give me theme base of each hero and then I'll give you the abilities. And one more thing, I'm better at mage's abilities, but I can work on the other type of abilities too.

Level 9
Ok we will need mass of heroes so its good if some people help ;)
Ok whats needed in moment.
4 heroes of the berserker class.
1 hero for each class
Whats important:
-only 4 spells each hero(3 normal 1 ultimate) 6 levels normal spells 3lvl ulti
-the spells should be as balanced and as strong as the herospells in warcraftIII meleegame.
-Some creativity, not just deathcoil with other stats or something ;)

Level 5
That sounds interesting. I'm not much of a map maker but i'm a good story writer. I could help develop the story with your RPG bit and maybe design some levels for your RPG and Battleground parts. RPGs should have an interesting story to them, it always makes the game much more fun. I could also help design the race and class system, i'm not so good with picking skills so i'd leave that to someone else. Not sure if you need a writer though, its not on your list but hey, i could lend a hand.

Level 9
Yeah story would be really cool ;)
In moment we just have nearby no map, so its bit hard to make a story.But i will give you the facts for now.....
You choose the race at the beginning
The new weak character has to go to a nearby fort where he should choose a class
1.With solving of a small quest, they should join the class/guild
Now some ideas we had for a story:
Near the fort there is a orcish base which want to attack the fort in later game.The orcs have to get mor lumber to build some warmachines to break troug the forts walls.
The players should avoid, that the catapults get built.

2.In this fort there is a gold mine.(its the reason why the orcs attack)
Something strange happens in this mine, and noone knows what.
The players should go in there to chack out what happened or whats going on

3.A mighty dragon is using the orcs for his own plans, which the players discover in the mission
That are some story ideas we wanted to make in the mainmap-rpg of the project.
Story is really necessary and cool, but in moment we have first to check out the basically things of gameplay.
What we could really need would be some little quests for the classes ;)
But i dont think that you wanted to design this or am i wrong?
If you have (a) good idea(s) for a story, we wont keep you off ;)
If you are interrested i will report you when the project gets the status,that a story is necassary.

Level 9
I want to make a maze map to add on this project.
I check your last post, and I think a maze where the heros continues their mission, could be very cool.
I don't know if you accept the maze map idea and I'm not sure if you said yes or no, but if you accept my help to the triggered spells, I'll do it in maze map.

Level 5
I'm sorry but i'm going to ask you if you could repeat what you said differently, some errors in grammar and spelling make it difficult to read. So far i've got this: each new player starts off with no class, they must head for a for a fort and then stop the orcs from building catapults? Inside the fort theres a gold mine which no-one knows anything about but something strange happens and players need to check it out... Also a dragon is controlling the orcs for his own means, which players discover during mission. Once completing this mission they get there class.

To help with the story i need to know the full races and classes system (eg. Humans can be Warriors, Mages and Giant chickens). And a little background on the history of the races if you've made any. I also need to know if this is supposed to be based in the Warcraft universe. The gameplay is always more fun when the quests revolve around the story or lore. Get back to me soon ;) Chao!

Level 9
1st:Sry for my bad english :p
@Wizardum
I dont know if a maze is matching to the project.
Loading heroes in a maze map sounds for me unnecessary.
But if you have an idea how that should work or what was your idea behind it just tell me ^^
@Perry
Yes, the story how you wrote it right.But the strange happenings in the goldmine should also have something to do with the dragon ^^
But now we have changed something.
Each of the 4 races will start in an extra area.Now we would need a reason why they could work together.(Brutal orcs as same danger
To the classes:
We have in moment no storys behind the classes and heroes.
Each race can have each class(u cann look for them in 1st post)
The story shouldnt be based in the warcraft universe, but something nearby similar ;) So we wont get back on something like arthas claiming the throne or sth.

Level 5
You have still failed to tell me the races available, or am i free to create these at freely to match the story? The classes you have listed are:
-Assassin
-Paladin
-Berserker
-Mage
-Warlock
-Shadowdacer (ranger and shaman), I have no clue what this is.
Usually any AoS or RPG will have more classes. Maybe i could help you work on your class list so theres more variety for different play styles.

Level 9
The aviable races will be the normal 4 races ud,hum,ne,orcs
Aditionally to this 4 races there will be some "freelancer" heroes which have completleydifferent races
Shodowdancer is something like an allrounder...he has some healing spells some damaging spells..some spells of each sort.As ep i took Shaman and rangers which i think are allrounders
For now i think there are enough classes(10 different spells for each class).Its more important to focus on the different heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.