• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worker move speed upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ehehe... I said I was gonna go on break, but here I am trying to fix another bug. xD (Reminds me of Brett Favre going in and out of retirement again and again. o.o ) Anywho...

I made a research upgrade that increases the movespeed of workers. The only problem is, it seems to not work when mining gold.

Without upgrades (Tier 1): Everything works normal.

+30% movespeed to workers (Tier 2): Workers run faster to and from trees. The gold mine is most efficiently mined by 4 workers now, as they walk back and forth to the mine quicker.

+60% movespeed to workers (Tier 3): Workers run ridiculously fast to and from trees. Sometimes, it appears to be faster than it should be. I'm not sure though. Meanwhile, gold miners seem to gradually slow down to default walking speed while mining. Once I issue a move command elsewhere, they speed back up. When a fast worker enters the gold mine, it gradually slows down again each trip.

Any idea what's wrong with this? If necessary, I can probably capture a video or attach a test map to show what I mean.

Level 13
My suggestion to help you here is that you might have to tweak the movespeed upgrade in the Tech Upgrades to be sure you're getting the right amount on that last boost. Creating a debug trigger to check the movespeed of the unit you currently have selected when typing -movespeed may be useful.

As for your problem with the gold miners, that's just some odd issue with gold mining. They seem to slow down or change for no reason. You could try throwing in some sort of aura by goldmines you are mining that only effects the miners, but that seems like a big hassle, and I'm not 100% if a aura would fix it.

I think you could try adjusting the minimum movespeed on the unit and see where that gets you. Sorry, those are my best suggestions, but hopefully one proves efficient.

Level 6
It shouldn't be an issue with the data in the upgrade itself - I tried 30.00 and 60.00 the first time and that just maxed out the move speed by the first upgrade. That means it's gotta be .30 and .60...
008-FelPeons.png

Edit: If this is a problem that's related to anything hardcoded or built into the Gold Mine's inner workings, I could always just change the upgrade to something else. ^^; I'm not necessarily attached to that upgrade idea.

Level 13
It does seem to be hardcoded into the gold mining. It's really quite odd.

BTW since it's in percents, it's likely to be a % increase on the base. You're increasing it by 30% on the first and 60% on the second when you do .3 and .6.

so if their base is 240 then 30% of 240 is 72. So their new speed on upgrade is 312. it's then 384 at level 2, which is faster than most heroes.

Level 9
One a unit starts mining gold, their move speed is automatically set to some value. I think this value can be found in the Gameplay Constants, but I don't think it can dynamically be changed (meaning you cant increase the default speed of units in mines)

The harder way of doing it is to create a trigger that increases the movement speed of the unit every time he exits/enters a goldmine.

Status
Not open for further replies.