• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Gold Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello guys.
I have a Problem and i dont know if there is a solution in the Worldeditor.

I really liked this Model
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/goldore-90703/?prev=search=gold%20ore&d=list&r=20

And so i decided to make an Advanced Goldmining for my Map.

I want that workers are able to harvest this gold ore like trees. ( not with the normal gold mine ability caus i dont want the workers to run in the ore and i want the workers to Hit against the ore several times before going back to the Mainbuilding.)

So, when i placed a doodad with this model and made it a tree i have the problem that it gives me wood.

Is there a way to give me Gold instead?
Maybe with a trigger which recognizes what kind of tree u harvested and if its the "gold ore tree" u make + 10 gold and -10 Lumber???

Other Problem i have that the worker is carrying Lumeber back from the Goldore and i want him to Carry Gold....(I searched something like changing the Modelanimation from wood to gold but i wasnt succesfull.)

Do you guys have any other Idea to Use this Model as gold mine??

Guys i know my english isnt that well and i hope u can understand my Problem.

:fp::fp::fp:Please Help me!

Raegar

Level 24
You could always change the models of gold mines/trees to the gold vein model and change the icon of gold/trees in fact if you changed the model of the gold mine you would probably not even need to change the icon of gold since it already suits for your purpose. (In my opinion.)

Level 1

Thanks for your fast post.
Im not sure if i understood you right.
I know that i can change the gold mine model to my custom Model, but then The Workers will disappear 1 Second and come out again...
I want to make that the workers hack against the gold ore ( like they do it when they harvest trees) and after 10 times they Hitted against the ore they bring it back to the main.

Raegar

Level 24
Well as I said previously you can change the tree model since I would say that's the easiest way to make it work and then you could change the icon of lumber that appears in the top right corner when you play a game.

You this by going to advance on the top menu in World Editor then go to game interface where you will be able to change the icon of lumber, gold and food, you will also be able to change the sound that come when hacking lumber.

Level 1
Yeah Thank you Undeadimmortal for your Work.
Now You dont need a mainbuilding beside the Goldore but thats ok.

I got only 1 more Problem, when i spawn units beside the goldore they automaticly attack the goldore. you think there is a way that only Miners are able to attack the goldore?
I could just make the Condition in triggers that it gives only gold if miners attack it, but i want to prevent the other units to auto-attack the ore.

Raegar

Last edited:
Level 20
Yeah Thank you Undeadimmortal for your Work.
Now You dont need a mainbuilding beside the Goldore but thats ok.

I got only 1 more Problem, when i spawn units beside the goldore they automaticly attack the goldore. you think there is a way that only Miners are able to attack the goldore?
I could just make the Condition in triggers that it gives only gold if miners attack it, but i want to prevent the other units to auto-attack the ore.

Raegar

Set the Gold Ore's classification to Suicidal, then make your miners attacks only Suicidal.

Level 1
Hhhm i tried it to make it suicidal but it not worked in my map...
can you please upload another testversion where u show me how it works??^^

i tried to make it as a doodad baricade too but then i have problems with the triggers.... there is no event if an doodad is attacked or?

Raegar

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I think (NOTE: CAN'T BE CERTAIN) you can modify the ability "Plunder" under Orc > Unit to give gold when attacking a building.

Only in your case, you can set a building to look like a gold ore or pretty much anything, and increase its health regeneration so it doesn't die.

Note that this will keep your "miner" getting gold from the building infinitely long and he won't need to drop off any of it, because its instantly made and added to your total gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.