• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mining Gold from GoldOre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi everyone!

I thought of importing this GoldOre to my map:

GoldOre - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

I thought of adding it as a lumber resource. When workers are "mineing" the goldore they stand and pick-pick with their tool for a while and then returns to leave the "gold" at the main. Just as they do when they harvest lumber.

But!

The gold the workers carry on their backs will be lumber instead of goldbags. They also mine the gold with their axe (because it's actually a tree) and thats gonna look a bit odd I think.

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what would be the best way to implant the goldore into the game?

Level 10
The thing is, if I replace the goldmine model with the goldore, the workers will enter the goldore just like they enter a goldmine. I want the worker to pick it. But how does a worker get gold if they just pick at a goldmine?

I'm looking for a mechanic whichs reminds of the workers mineing minerals in Starcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.