• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement Speed Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi.

I changed the max movement speed but my units won't move faster, no matter what.

I tried triggering the movement speed but still, nothing.

The movespeed limit is 4000 and I try to make a flying unit move at 3000 units.

Level 23
none units move at 4000 movement speed, as mentioned before, it is hard capped at 522
try it with triggers:
  • move speed
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set Rifleman 0108 <gen> movement speed to 400000.00
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit))))
it will print 522 at max no matter what you do

Level 23
Level 23
make the GUI Unit Indexer one trigger, the GUI friendly move over 522 second trigger and in third trigger you do whatever you want, the bribes system is fully automated and if you want to go above 522 speed just call the GUI version of the function

make the GUI Unit Indexer one trigger, the GUI friendly move over 522 second trigger and in third trigger you do whatever you want, the bribes system is fully automated and if you want to go above 522 speed just call the GUI version of the function

So for movement speeds under than 522 , the system won't start and hence wont lag?

Level 23
just a note: the system will not lag even if you move at speed 1000 it wont lag, it will just work slower because it uses TriggerEvaluation.
While its not that bad to do once in a while, it could be bad if you had tons and tons of TriggerEvals runnnig all the time
the TriggerEvaluation only happens when you call the function so its not that huge problem unless you spam the ability like hell.
Even most GUI systems made by the best users uses TriggerEvaluation, because every time you do run trigger111 <gen> (ignoring conditions) it will do TriggerExecute and if you do checking conditinos it will do TriggerEvaluate and TriggerExecute and they do it quite often

Status
Not open for further replies.