• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Removing units movement speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi

How do you remove a units movement in game?
Here are the requirements:
_The unit can originally move
_Then its movement speed needs to be set to 0 (i.e stuck on the spot)
_The unit must still be able to attack enemies that come to close.

I have tried giving the unit the slow aura (Tornado) but it doesn't slow the unit down enough. He can still move. Pausing the unit doesn't work either because the unit won't be able to counter attack. :)

Level 16
There is action on the triggers "Unit - Set 'units' movement speed to 'x'"

You will also need to go to the gameplay constants and set the minimum movement speed to 0 (its default 150 and thats why you are having your problem).

Level 9
just by the way...
if u set the units movespeed to "0" it cannot turn,blink ect but if u set it to "1" it can do all of those and still cannot move.(unit will still try to move)

Level 2
Thanks guys

For those reading this, the first correct solution was given by MINI-ME. It works very well and requires very little triggering.

I am making a tech-wars/RISK type map where you can't swap out a unit from a control point. So I just might as well take away the unit's movement speed altogether. I don't need to check for each control point if the unit is running too far because (thanks MINI-ME) it can't move. Neat or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.