• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enabling movement speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello!

I want to add movement speed to a unit that initially starts with 0 when there are units in the cargo (basically piloting vehicles).

The issue is if the unit initially starts with 0 movement it can't have any movement added through abilities or triggers (I have already tried using the Item Movespeed as well). I'm wondering if anyone might know an elegant way of accomplishing this?

Here is a quick trigger I have set:

• Human Catapult Load
    • Events
      • Game - CargoEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) Equal to Catapult
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set CargoTransportUnit[UDex] movement speed to ((Current movement speed of CargoTransportUnit[UDex]) + 60.00)
It works fine if the catapult is given anything above 0 as its base movement speed - I have already tested this, but I want the catapults to be unusable when not piloted.

Please provide any assistance you can! Thank you!

Level 2
Oh! Such an easy solution and I totally didn't think about it.

Thanks so much sir! I just tested it out and it's working just fine now ;)

This thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.