• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wolfrider on Foot

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Took raider's body and used grunt's legs and reanimated everything and boned it from scratch

fully custom animated by Arisaitou

do not modify it's animations, except permission granted
feel free to modify it's model.

feel free to give credits (or not)(just do not claim it as your own resource)
feel free to upload to your site/other's
just don't say it's your resource, if i found that you have taken it as your resource, feel my blades ;)

2:
-Improved the boots from the clown boots into a cube shaped stuff
-Well at least it doesn't look like clown boots again :D

Keywords:
Arisaitou, Ryder, Rider, Wolf, Wolfryder, Wolfrider, orc, Grunt, On , foot, on foot, onfoot, on-foot.
Contents

Wolfrider on Foot (Model)

Wolfrider on Foot (Model)

Reviews
20:05, 4th Apr 2011 anarchianbedlam: Permission received. As for the model itself. it still needs a lot of work. the proportions are completely off since you basically frankensteined the upper and lower half of two models together. legs are too...

M

20:05, 4th Apr 2011
anarchianbedlam: Permission received.

As for the model itself. it still needs a lot of work. the proportions are completely off since you basically frankensteined the upper and lower half of two models together. legs are too big compared to his torso/head/arms. also an orc warrior wearing cargo shorts?
the animations are messy. he's leaning too far forward in all the animations, like he's going to fall over. and his feet aren't making very good contact with the ground. Like he's being supported by puppet strings instead of by his own feet on the ground.
Stand2 animation, sword is randomly behind his back and arm is cocked at an awkward angle.

EDIT: switched out the cargo shorts for a thong? interesting. The ribbon emitter on the sword needs to be rotated 90 degrees. ingame it's perpendicular to the blade. i guess ill approve it after that.... even though you havent touched the animations.

EDIT2: Now the ribbon emitter is angled correctly, but its not centered on the sword (see picture in comments)

Level 11
You gotta love those boots :D! but ey... not sure they're are giving the right expresion though!
Right now they're like "Wow awesome! gray super mario boots!" but i'd try make something more rough for a warrior ;).
Anyway i'd just make your "own" sword!
Because that one doesn't fit that much :).
Aaazum :)

Level 30
orc_frenzy.jpg
"Who Seyz we Orkses do wer dem clawn bots! of courz we use 'em them gits, we uzz dem for stompin some hummies!"

ehem.. okay on topic, that orc is amazing! although it would be nice if the boots can have some spiky armor like thingy stuck on the front part of the shoes, and that orc is kinda thin, and with the big sword, he looks like cloud strife in orkish version, can you atleast make him more muscle or fatty and make the sword crude. that would be great :cgrin:

Level 21
"What's that smell? OH BAD DOG!!! *Wolf whines*"
LOL....
You got to love Raiders and I enjoyed them in Warcraft III, so I'm bringing them back into my project.

Level 49
you should connect the vertices on the horns and helmet it has holes, but i think it won't be that noticeable in-game. but i do recommend connecting it. and why is he not holding his weapon in his stand anim?
but i do like the fact that you made your own mesh.

Level 3
That's very impresive. Very nice attack animations, fits well with the way I'd weld a sword.
It needs a portrait, a better death animation:vw_death:, and maybe a new texture (guess it's very inportant for the botton side and the sword. seriously, it doesn't look well.)
I guess it diserve a 3.50/5.00, a :infl_thumbs_up: and +rep

Level 49
the sword's sheathe is in an awkward position. that's not how a warrior will position its sword. it needs to be something diagonal to his body
images

(nevermind the arm holding it just the position of the sword)
also you could add a strap to his torso that holds the sword.