• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orc Warlord (On Foot - Wolfrider) (Fel/Chaos and Greenskin)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Orc Warlord with no Horse, which can be used as unit or as Hero as well. With Dissipate and Spell animations with Particles!

Also I'm testing texture wrapping.

Based from Footman model.

Made as suggestion from stein123 - Dedicated to him :3

UPDATE:

- Greenskin Version Added

UPDATE 2:

- Wolfrider Version Added (Fel and Greenskin) (suggested by Eagle XI)
Previews
Contents

Chaos Warlord on Foot (Model)

Chaos Warlord on Foot - Portrait (Model)

Chaos Wolfrider Warlord (Model)

Chaos Wolfrider Warlord - Portrait (Model)

Orc Warlord on Foot (Model)

Orc Warlord on Foot - Portrait (Model)

Wolfrider Warlord (Model)

Wolfrider Warlord - Portrait (Model)

Reviews
loktar
No changes made, set to Substandard.
Level 20
Simple as this is, I'm amazed I haven't seen this done before. Very well done, I love it.

Perhaps you could replace the face, make a regular Orc version, too?

Thanks! For sure I can, but the texture of the right arm should be the same as the left arm, since the Orc skin is Chaos (Fel Orc) and there's no version of a Original (Greenskin) Orc Warlord, and edit the texture making red look green is not worth. But I can do that!

Level 12
Well if there were a simple section before the new hive it would be nice, my rejected models and maps would be there :/ I dunno if they are, the new hive is so confuse... haahah
I dunno some models are there but some are given a dead link. I suppose most of them are.
Butcher
Thrall Axe-Thrower
Before the only way to access these models was through finding the user's all threads created by now you don't need this VIP knowledge so its quite nice. By far the best thing Hive 2.0 has. Probably worth it just because of this revealed treasure trove of resources.

Level 20
I dunno some models are there but some are given a dead link. I suppose most of them are.
Butcher
Thrall Axe-Thrower
Before the only way to access these models was through finding the user's all threads created by now you don't need this VIP knowledge so its quite nice. By far the best thing Hive 2.0 has. Probably worth it just because of this revealed treasure trove of resources.

The Butcher <3 my greatest edition!

Level 29
I have hastily made texture of uncorrupted wolf with chaos raider's mount armor and black hair of rider to be used with green mounted warlord, attaching it here.
To use open the wolfriderwarlord.mdx model with mdxpather and set last texture to it.

Attachments

• armoredmount.png
    armoredmount.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 92
  • WolfArmored.blp
    170.7 KB · Views: 106
Level 15
While it is amazing model. I would honestly prefer if you would make a proper wolf for him, instead of that Blizzard's rat-wolf..

Level 20
While it is amazing model. I would honestly prefer if you would make a proper wolf for him, instead of that Blizzard's rat-wolf..

If I were master at modeling I would do with the Spirit Wolf. It would be veeeeery nice. I dont know advancing edition of models and there's no tutorial to how do it...I dont garantee nothing...but I can try :)

Death to all who oppose the Horde!

Moderation Comment:

This is a nice set of useful models. I'll say it bugs me a bit that the only thing that changes between some of the variations is the little portion of skin color we're able to see across their full helms - would be good if there was some more changes, or more skin to be seen, but since the alternates are useful, it's ok like that. The actual issue I see, though, is some lazy wrap, here and there. The case which you could really change is the helmet horns.

upload_2016-7-29_23-59-19.png

Your wrapped version is unecessarily cut-off and seamed, I don't know why. Please fix that if you're able, and I'd recommend you to check the wrap overall, because it has some faults. If anything let me know. Awaiting update.

Level 20
Moderation Comment:

This is a nice set of useful models. I'll say it bugs me a bit that the only thing that changes between some of the variations is the little portion of skin color we're able to see across their full helms - would be good if there was some more changes, or more skin to be seen, but since the alternates are useful, it's ok like that. The actual issue I see, though, is some lazy wrap, here and there. The case which you could really change is the helmet horns.

View attachment 244344

Your wrapped version is unecessarily cut-off and seamed, I don't know why. Please fix that if you're able, and I'd recommend you to check the wrap overall, because it has some faults. If anything let me know. Awaiting update.

Its not a lazy wrap, its because the original horn have this same "lazy" wrapping.

Level 20
Awesome model! But the mounted version does not seem to have a dissipate animation in the 3D viewer. Is that normal?

Level 20
Awesome model! But the mounted version does not seem to have a dissipate animation in the 3D viewer. Is that normal?
Yep, that's correct. At the time I made the model, I was a total noobie in animation (I still am nowadays, but improved a little). So, I couldn't make a proper dissipate animation.

You can keep the game's dissipation pattern (transparent one) if you take this model as a Hero.