• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WOA: Desert Winds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It happened again he just ran down and died I did my normal evasive thingy by staying back so he can't take my cleric spells to heal himself in the beginning then I nuked him with holy shock it critted and he just went through all stages poison tornado blue orb and died at the top.

Level 5
Yeah he died in a blink of an eye I was standing right on the stairs of his throne when it happened.

Last edited:
Level 5
Finally finished everything on heroic and got all my epics; heres another bug report.

You can exploit warcraft's saving / loading system inside of the menu and reload before the boss dies if your item doesn't drop or just reload if you mess up on the heroic timer I like this because that saved a lot of time in my opinion on heroic difficulty but its sort of cheating I guess.

Some one suggested you add ranged weapons to the game for like a ranger hero to come.

Also if you get fire walled and fire circled at the same time theres nothing you can do the fire circles 1000 spell resist doesn't protect you from the fire wall and if u move out of the fire circle you die so make the fire wall deal spell damage so u can absorb it with the spell resist this is a pretty rare thing but its happened to me like twice.

Ghouls during the fire lord phase can get a small circle of fire on em and they alway detonate it my group can't use ghouls during this time not really a major bug but it messes up groups sometimes.

I hope you make actual Weapon/Shields that give you a weapon and a shield on you're hero because a shield would look so badass on these heroes. Because blocking with a long spear is parrying I think not blocking >.>

Level 5
Now you can't sacrifice dark shadows because they're magic immune.

Also the save / load system still isn't that hard to abuse to get max levels / etc you just need to change like 1 letter.

Last edited:
Level 5
Please make it so you can repick your character and choose another character because noobs keep saying -repick at the start then I have to remake for them =/

Also when do you think the class trainer will come out because some of my friends messed up and need to repick stats.

Level 4
i think class trainer is not good.
Need rare epic items (small drop chance) to reset stats.
I think is good ideas, coz free reset is not ok,free reset and save hero is cheating^_^

Level 5
I added you on Garena as serbianbeast .. what gameserver are you on I've never used Garena before ><.

Level 6
I'm in love with Serbianbeast's WoA Desert Winds work!!
I'd played more than ten times until today. I can't just wait for OM map be completed.
The idea is just AWESOME and I can see a nice Future to the saga xD

Two questions:
1- What version patch for WC3 is needed to play OM?. (I've 24b and can't see the map).
2- The PvP System is waiting for an extra map of the saga? Like a Hero Arena, Battleground, Capture the Flag or something like?.

P.D: Just an idea if possible.
Add an final event. Before the last BOSS been killed, players fight "The Desert Wind Tournament", winner gain 10 PvP points and the "Desert Winds Hero Mark". (it be an extra skill for that player, not an item, no require any inventory slot)

The Mark give:
"Desert Winds Party Leader Aura": All party members under the effect of the Desert Winds Party Leader's Aura gain a 10% more movement speed.

The idea would be storing each WoA's map marks, so in future WoA Hero Arena PvP be changed (depending on which you assemble) to obtain a status that could be: WoA's Champion and things like that.

Level 16
Hey, that idea is really neat! :D
I'll surely make something like achievements system that will let you gain additional bonuses.
As for the OM, the patch you need is any patch that supports 8MB maps since OM has huge filesize...
And when it comes to PvP, yes, additional maps will be made for PvP purposes only (there will be a few types:
Arena - Players fight with each other, either FFA or 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5
Capture the flag - Something like WSG in wow with some gameplay tweaks to lengthen the game.
Domination - fight for resources and strategic points
and much much more (actually I don't know what, but I'll come up with it XD)

Level 8
Was a great game until the last patch ruined it. Locking the camera every 5 seconds is why I'll stop playing, can't stand being restricted like that. Great game until 0.15

Level 8
I would love to request you just not lock it every 5 seconds, keep it locked and when you die relock. But don't make it relock every 5 seconds, I feel too restricted and I don't like that.

A lot of players don't even know how to unlock to be honest.

Level 8
Thanks a lot, it isn't that I can't play locked up, I just like to scan things out and plan according, something that I'm used to doing.

Also a suggestion if I may, I suggest making different versions of the maps, one that allows a group of 2-3 players be able to enjoy the map (In case you can't find other players) with less rewards.

Just going off what OM is like, my friend and I attempted it with our healer specced cleric, and a frost DK, to make a long story short, we could only take on 1 mob, if there was 2 or more, it was no chance.

This is all assuming that the mobs in OM are in fact final.

Level 16
Ofc not, the OM has been put on hold for like a 20 days or so. The things is that OM is still using old systems because the new ones have been implemented in DW only. Mobs in OM will be stronger than mobs in DW but the things is that OM is meant to be played with a party of 5 people and you will have to have healer tank and 3 dps classes (and at least one of them being able to CC), but you know... When I'm done with 0.16 (which will have all the missing elements of the game like class specific talents and properly working save/load and inventory) I'll implement the systems to OM and start working on it finally.

Level 6
I'd liked the 0.15 inventory. Now we can be more stronger for the OM.
Before the 0.15 the OM can't kill the second Furbol, the second furbol always is healing and can't be killiable.

Level 6
Serbianbeast can you upload the last vertion of the maps every last day of the month, just for updating?. The inventory system was awsome! and now we know you're working on a talent tree for better and more variability of the heroes.
Keep working you'll have one of the most popular and ratted maps on the hive.

P.D: Sorry my english is no good :S

Level 6
That's right. WC3 never die because of us.
After my last post I download and played the 1.16 version and what to say?!?!
I LIKED SO MUSH, REALLY COOL, REALLY AWESOME!!
Can feel the character become more stronger than before. I'd liked that hero now have a level 5th skill and the talent tree so the new leveling stats system too.

Level 8
I gotta say heroes get pretty imba when you fully gear them. Check this speed run that me and my mate do all the time on normal. Its pretty fun how we manage to run the whole map for 6 mins(including load time in that).

Attachments

• WoA 2xDPS Speed Run.w3g
    62.7 KB · Views: 3,506
Level 1
i was wandering the latest map of woa but i can´t find it please help.... i really like this map is awesome!!!
i´m from cuba

Level 5
Mana seems to keep changing rapidly for some of my friends like from 234 to 224 over and over its probably one of the items that causes this.

Level 6
It happen to me too with a Dreadknight Unholy (intelet type).
The Desert Winds every time became more and more adictive.
I've lost my personal count of how many time i've played and always is awesome!
The Ogre Maul seem to be a great work too, this time with ogres and furlborgs.
Bosses coming out from his caves, an arena area, etc.

Keep the green forest and mountain for the furlborgs, but what about if use a Barren tile for Ogre's terrain?.

Level 6
Yes, xzero did but don't tell any specific class like i do.
I like to play your "The Growling Winds alpha build 6223" map, but don't appear in my download file when i come to create a custom game :(
Can you help me to play it?

P.S: We all are waiting anxiously you end the college stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.