• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tribe Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Well, to be honest, there was a couple of things i wanted to implement, besides those written in changelog, but I haven't got that much time, and it's playable like this, so you know... There might be another, last version of it.

Ofc if the map gets enough fans and they suggest some changes, i might consider making more of these maps, but till' then enjoy TW 1.5.

Level 8
Well,
I played it a bit, tried the Demon Warrior again and I found him, more... Likeable to my tastes.
But I've got some reporting on bosses, =/
The First Dungeon Boss, the Revenant was the hardest boss, that I found I was level 30, didn't have any of the special traits, had the level 4 equipment and I struggled alittle, after I got the weapon from him, Life was good.
Every boss became a long grind no one did damage and It just took me awhile to kill them. The only one that did do damage would be the Nethermancer, because he stunned me. Either than that nothing. Untill I got too the new Elemental boss, [I Love it]
The First Boss, the water elemental I finally got the specialization things [I Defeated the other bosses without them]. and I had all three, and the best equipment I could find, I Got it too half its health before it killed me, I had fun. =]
I still Love this map, and this just makes it better!
I can't wait too see what else you will do with this map!
-Calvin

Level 16
Im glad you like it, and right now, im making the list of things that doesn't works, since there are many new things implemented and whatever is new, it can't be perfect. Im glad you like it, and that you have told me about the things you found out. I'll start the 1.6 as soon as my list is at least 10 lines long. Enjoy!

Level 16
Tribe Wars 1.5b

-Changed model for troll heroes
-Player 2 will have to select mode within first 10 seconds of the game. Due to this change, player will have to wait 10 seconds instead of 8 before selecting their hero. Also, a text will inform player 2 about.
-Selected game modes will appear after 10 seconds instead of immediately after typing game modes. but player 2 (blue) will still be able to see what modes he selected.
-Gods will properly have 100,000 less hit points in short mode.
-Modes will no longer be able to be selected twice.
-Quests for beginners shortened.
-Headhunters' base attack speed reduced by 33%, agility gain from 5 to 4 and starting damage from 25 to 20.
-Headhunters' critical strike chance reduced from 8/11/14/17/20% to 6/8/10/12/14%.
-Demon warrior will no longer become invulnerable or transparent while casting Assassin's Rush spell.
-Increased demon warrior's starting hit points by 10 and hit points gain per level from 20 to 25.
-Lowered damage done by Deeplord Revenant's monsoon from 1200 to 800.
-Reduced area that you need to enter to get info about the Far Seer.
-Weakened level 14 creeps (Prairie Stalkers and Murloc Lakerunners).
-Fixed a terrain bug with orc base which let orc players leave the base before the trolls.
-When picking up a part of already completed sets, text indicating the completing of a set will no longer show.
-Fixed "-repick" command.
-Bosses in Nordhog Mine will respawn 100 seconds after they have been killed.
-Changed kills to Soul Crystals; every creep killed gives amount of soul crystals equal to his level, but upgrades at arena vendor are now more expensive.
-Items dropped by furbolgs and satyrs are now worthless, but gold dropped by those creeps slightly increased.
-Charge and Assassin's Rush spells can no longer be cast on gates and other destructibles to avoid exploits/bugs
-Crypt will now drop new item.
-Trying to learn other classes' specializations will now properly show error message.
-Gods' splash attack AOE slightly decreased.
-Gods will now spawn with random spells instead of always having 2 same spells. Spells, including old ones are: Fire/Thunder Storm (Starfall like spells), Fire/Frost wave (carrion swarm like spells), Fire/Energy Implosion (Fan of knives like spells, old spells) and Summon Lava Spawn/Champion (summon spells, old spells).
-Fixed Zul'Bane terrain so that you will not be able to see units running from one base to another when standing at Master Assassin's terrace.
-Spirit wolves and bears will not longer kill themselves when attacking fire obelisks in Dark Prince encounter.

Uploaded

Last edited:
Level 2
i posted some ideas in the tribe wars v1.4 section (its updated to 1.5 so w/e) i got ten :) and once i hook my friends on this game well find exploits, no promises if we find a super juicy one, weve been known to keep one or two as long as it doesnt affect gameplay win/lose but if it annoys/makes people laugh with no harm we usualy keep those :)

ne way gl with the map :)

Level 3
Hey im a fan and so are my friends of tribe wars but lately there's allot of problems we feel need to be changed

1. headhunters are to overpowerd with the attack speed and what not
2. casters are imbalanced
3. ther's a glitch that makes a char invulnerable for an hour on demon warrior with assasins rush
4. there's another glitch bout reviving sometimes your guy doesn't revive automaticly and you have to buy them back
5. the other glitch is where ethier warlock or mystic spells cause server splits and ruin the game i've hosted this many times n it starting to boot everyone from the game at the start

Level 2
lol interesting running two areas about this map is you get overlap lol

gamerzer0 issues 3 and 4 were posted there, but i havent seen 1,2 and 5 :) and 3 and 4 are really annoying so meh, and btw its perm invuln unless you cast rush, which is probably what u/your friend did

a way to fix the invuln glitch that i thought of is give him invis and spell imunity (including stun, well mainly stun imune) since no one has true sight hes basicaly invuln to everything but stun/aoe dmg spells which is what spell imunity covers

and if this bugs out you have a hero who is invis (breakable) and spell imune, so meh he owns still with a huge advantage if it glitches but its not as bad as invuln

Level 16
Well, look. It's not about giving him something else in return. It's about taking that away from him. Sometimes, a simple trigger skip or an unforseen circumstance can cause him to stay that way. So not giving them to him in a first place could simply solve this. I'm also considering an option of giving him an no-fade time wind walk which would allow him to become stealthed for up to 2-3 seconds and then move him next to target and make him attack it. This way he wouldn't stay invulnerable, and even if something goes wrong he's invisible for 2-3 seconds max, so it's not a big deal.

Else than that, there's rly not much i can do about mystic and wl spells. If you could give me a clue which spell, in what moment or during what buff caused the crash, i might get it fixed, but this way i rly can't do anything since i see no reasonable explanation for crashes.

And yes, headhunter is still overpowered, but i'm running out of ideas of how to nerf him enough, but not too much.

Level 2
but by giving him wind walk it would be easy for a mystic to use ring (if they were fighting) and thus the mystic would basicaly cancel his skill which is kind of annoying to spend the mana for no results, thats y invis doenst fully work alone and y i suggested spell imune b/c w/out some sort of stun imunity its possible to stop it

and i didnt speak on crashes so idk aobut those

although i did get a super wierd bug that suddenly in the game i couldnt chat and i had to restart wc to fix it, i thought my keyboard was broke, gave me quite the scare lol

Level 2
I am just saying that even in Wind Walk you can be stunned by mystic's fire ring, and other aoe stun spell, which kinda makes the wind walk weak b/c it can be easily interupted

and makes it a waste of mana

Level 16
you're not getting the point. spell is not meant to be a damage, invulnerability or wind walk spell. it's primary use is to get near the enemy and stun it, which is exactly what it does, even if it does nothing to your hero.

Anyway, since i will be offline for a while i'll upload this last version of map, and continue improving it in a month or so. I hope you will enjoy it.

Level 16
Tribe Wars 1.5b

-Changed model for troll heroes
-Player 2 will have to select mode within first 10 seconds of the game. Due to this change, player will have to wait 10 seconds instead of 8 before selecting their hero. Also, a text will inform player 2 about.
-Selected game modes will appear after 10 seconds instead of immediately after typing game modes. but player 2 (blue) will still be able to see what modes he selected.
-Gods will properly have 100,000 less hit points in short mode.
-Modes will no longer be able to be selected twice.
-Quests for beginners shortened.
-Headhunters' base attack speed reduced by 33%, agility gain from 5 to 4 and starting damage from 25 to 20.
-Headhunters' critical strike chance reduced from 8/11/14/17/20% to 6/8/10/12/14%.
-Demon warrior will no longer become invulnerable or transparent while casting Assassin's Rush spell.
-Increased demon warrior's starting hit points by 10 and hit points gain per level from 20 to 25.
-Lowered damage done by Deeplord Revenant's monsoon from 1200 to 800.
-Reduced area that you need to enter to get info about the Far Seer.
-Weakened level 14 creeps (Prairie Stalkers and Murloc Lakerunners).
-Fixed a terrain bug with orc base which let orc players leave the base before the trolls.
-When picking up a part of already completed sets, text indicating the completing of a set will no longer show.
-Fixed "-repick" command.
-Bosses in Nordhog Mine will respawn 100 seconds after they have been killed.
-Changed kills to Soul Crystals; every creep killed gives amount of soul crystals equal to his level, but upgrades at arena vendor are now more expensive.
-Items dropped by furbolgs and satyrs are now worthless, but gold dropped by those creeps slightly increased.
-Charge and Assassin's Rush spells can no longer be cast on gates and other destructibles to avoid exploits/bugs
-Crypt will now drop new item.
-Trying to learn other classes' specializations will now properly show error message.
-Gods' splash attack AOE slightly decreased.
-Gods will now spawn with random spells instead of always having 2 same spells. Spells, including old ones are: Fire/Thunder Storm (Starfall like spells), Fire/Frost wave (carrion swarm like spells), Fire/Energy Implosion (Fan of knives like spells, old spells) and Summon Lava Spawn/Champion (summon spells, old spells).
-Fixed Zul'Bane terrain so that you will not be able to see units running from one base to another when standing at Master Assassin's terrace.
-Spirit wolves and bears will not longer kill themselves when attacking fire obelisks in Dark Prince encounter.

Level 2
Serbian, which realm do you log onto? ill show you what i mean with the dw rush, itll be easier then explaining it here, b/c im not talking about dmg or any of that, i am simply saying that wind walk can be interupted via stunning the oponent

this stunning of the oponent, while in windwalk form, makes it so the dw loses mana, and does not even get close to the oponent

also, i believe that the rain of fire spell for mystic is wierd, b/c it does dmg nearly immediately but waits for the meteors to hit to stun the oponent, its just wierd

Level 16
I think you're still not getting it. While he's in WW, he wouldn't have to move to the target, the spell would do that, just as it is doing it now. And about the mystic spell... well ye, most of spells do that, and i'm not proud of it, cause it's not that easy to do it in any other way. I might change it in some later versions.

Level 8
Hi all , i rly like this map , hope it surpass DotA !.. :xxd:... anyways... i just have a noob question , where i can get quest ?... also , the heroes are very good , but in some way , imbalanced...

VERY GOOD MAP ! 10/10 ! xD... Good Luck Serbian and all...

Level 8
yes , in fact Headhunter is overpowered (a lil) , but other heroes as warlock can beat him... though , i invoked 3 infernals and take him down quite fast... but maybe the other player was a noob xD...

Level 8
Well, idk... lock is pretty damn strong aswell, but demon warrior pwns him anytime. I really don't know much about hero balance due to testing the map in single player only and balancing them according to fans' comments.

well , just a suggestion... dont make every fans suggestion... maybe some of them are noobs... but maybe some of them dont xD... well anyways , the demon warrior is rly good xD , i played with it the first time... i love the passive xD...

Level 5
COol man! Imba ORPG, the terrain is so cool, but i got one Q... I love playing RPG's / ORPG's, i have played about 5 or more :xxd:

Q: Are you putting in a SAVE SYSTEM?

A: ?

Level 5
lool, making 2 projects @ once ?? difficult, lol, ill help in the ORPG if you need some, coz i am gona carry one my old one from like 1 month ago when i've done my Icy TD

siDeKicK

Level 8
nope, didn't use it, tho i want to... and as for the ORPG, it just became corrupted file, and the backup file's last update is 3 days old, meaning that 3 classes that were complete are now missing abilities and some of the terrain updates are gone too.

oh... what a bad luck lol ... so then... you can ask here in the hive ... or , tell me and i will request it... also , i want to help ya with the ideas of the ORPG... thats why...

Tribe wars thing: Once you put the Map Size Reductor or however it is called... i have some ideas... that i pointed you.. that are very well... because of some characters... EXAMPLE: Berserker = IMBA , i learn how to play with , and it is uber , i pwned 2 man and the same time... also , the other sets give a poor option Compared to the Berserker and the Demon Knight... the Hunter is no longer overpower... but if not , 3 characters are overpower, well , 1 isnt overpower , but to healer so it is unkillable...

Berserker , Demon Knight and Cleric.

The damage and the huge lifesteal makes them very powa... and the cleric... it is just inmortal , it might dont kill , but it is UBER tank... Obviously , when you know how to play them well...

Hope you PM me , GL to everyone.

Level 2
wicked map but you should make it so you get get more levels because late game casters that up their spell dmg own so the levels will make it so classes will have more hp be and have a chance against casters and maybe more mobs im not saying add more stronger mobs but juss add some more so they are spread out a bit

Level 8
wicked map but you should make it so you get get more levels because late game casters that up their spell dmg own so the levels will make it so classes will have more hp be and have a chance against casters and maybe more mobs im not saying add more stronger mobs but juss add some more so they are spread out a bit

OMG , what a noob , Berserker = best late and mid character (despite Set completion).

Level 8
jajaja , thats because they let you lvl up , mage arent hard to kill , when a warrior is on battle , obviously you play with noobs , a mage dealing 6k late , they obviously let you get crystals , is the same that , letting a warrior buy ALL that crystals you ought with the mage , = GG HP. despiting the life stealing... once you comboed , with the mage , you start life healing , and obviously , the mage doesnt life-steal... the point is , that everybody think that the casters are better than anithing because of the SP , and it isnt that way , YOU NOOBS.

Level 2
jajaja , thats because they let you lvl up , mage arent hard to kill , when a warrior is on battle , obviously you play with noobs , a mage dealing 6k late , they obviously let you get crystals , is the same that , letting a warrior buy ALL that crystals you ought with the mage , = GG HP. despiting the life stealing... once you comboed , with the mage , you start life healing , and obviously , the mage doesnt life-steal... the point is , that everybody think that the casters are better than anithing because of the SP , and it isnt that way , YOU NOOBS.

lol ok yo why don't we do a 2v2 then couse i am looking for some one that is a challenge

Level 8
lol ok yo why don't we do a 2v2 then couse i am looking for some one that is a challenge

beacause im argentinian , and i cant play on Azeroth or any of that sv , but if you want , i play OMBU Server , its an argentinian one , decent people playing , so , if you want to play with me , google OMBU server , and im sure you will get the IP , so you then put it on the BNet editor , then , you download the acid loader , and then , you enter BNet with the Acid Loader...

my nick on OMBU server is: Ashder.

PD: Shaman can pwn mage with one bolt (obviously comboed with the green thing xD )...

To Serbianbeast:

so you're going on with the map , can help ya out with the things xD... but anyways , i think you better get the size reductor xD... anyways , i would like to nerf a lil the cleric , he dont kill , but it is imba too... when he is healing itself , he is rly inmortal , anyways , he can be killed , but , you have to gank it , with 3 person at least...

waiting for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.