• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WmW Masters Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Recruiting for an advanced wmw map.

What I'm looking for-

Testers of various skill levels in order to assess difficulty of beginner and intermediate
Master wmw players in order to help balance races
People to work on tooltips, model picking, attack effects, and sound effects for the >100 towers
Terrainer to help better the terrain (I'm thinking of metal terrain with like mechanical gates at the front of each lane that open up when the game starts).

This is the map
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/wmw-masters-1-3-0-4-a-210282/?prev=status=p

Testers will only need to test solo play. To play solo play, just run the map solo (single player or w/e). Pick the difficulty that best suits you.

Right now Beam is the best balanced race, so I recommend always picking Beam until I can balance the others.

The solo play scores are based on your income and how long you last. Type -income to spend all gold on income. Type -income 50 or w/e to spend 50 gold on income, or however much you want ; P.

The Large buildable blue square is where the creeps have to touch.

The high score is 1700.75 by me on Advanced right now : ). The waves do get significantly harder as the difficulty goes up. The reliance on income rather than bonus gold also significantly goes up. Do not pick Master as I'm probably the only one who can play on it right now >.>.

If you are a beginner and you think beginner is too easy/too hard, let me know.

If you are an intermediate player and you think that intermediate is too easy/hard, let me know.

If you think Master is way too hard, then you aren't good enough for it because Master is like perfect right now. If you think Master is impossible, then think again because I've beaten it.

If you can get a high score (like 1650+) on Master (while beating it), let me know and you can help balance the races. Please be sure to send me the replay of your game.

Level 31
So.. some updates on the testing of this project.

I have been balancing the heck out of the sends as well as the towers. However, with the latest secret update to Beam (not released yet), the gameplay mechanics will have changed drastically, which will require further balancing ; |.

#1: made a mistake with the bounty for the bot... was giving it half the bounty, lol
#2: the new beam stuff is pretty hardcore ; |. I'm not sure how the tech will play into it

I'll be working on the balancing again tomorrow as I don't have time, but uhm... I'm really hoping some other people will join this project as working on this entire map solo is pretty hardcore : |. There will probably be 500-600 towers by the time I'm done... sooo

Also, found a bug (thank you noob pubbies). The IsPathBlocked thing still bugs 50% of the time on bandaids in rare cases : |. It only bugs when building below the towers, not above them. I'll be investigating this bug ^)^.

I am also willing to have idea people join up. All you gotta do is come up with ideas to enhance current races or make new races : o. When I'm done with Beam, that race will be a good example of how in-depth a race should be ; ).

Status
Not open for further replies.