• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Master RPG II Project Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Edit: The project is looking for vJASS coders now as well.

Requires:
-strong knowledge of vJASS
-experience collaborating on a project

Pluses:
-structs
-dynamic triggering
-OOP principles like inheritance and polymorphism
-Experience with version control-GitHub is ok, but SVN is preferable

What you'll need:
-Notepad++
-SVN
-Python 2.7
-JassHelper
-Jassnew Gen editor

Areas that need work are revamping the entire class/type system, reworking the Quest API, and creating a recipe system. Note that most of these systems are already implemented, so much of the work is dealing with "legacy" code and re-writing it to a higher level, more efficient form.

Send a PM for details or post here to ask less detailed questions.

I'm sethmachine, the developer for Monster Master RPG II, which I've made from scratch when Robbepop (maker of Monster Master RPG, Guilds of Hyppos) handed the project over to me back in December.

The map is heavily influenced by the mechanics of both Robbepop's Monster Master RPG and of course the game that inspired them both, Dragon Warrior Monsters (1 and 2). Each player assumes the role of an upcoming Monster Master (male or female) and instead of fighting themselves, the player leads a party of up to three hero creeps/monsters. In addition to a main plot and side quests, the map will also feature an intricate breeding system--that is any two opposite gender monsters can be bred to produce an offspring, which will inherit some of the traits of both parents. The map offers the potential for a near endless playing experience even after most of the quests are complete.

The project is currently in its alpha testing phase. I've written many lines of vJASS code and made thousands of custom objects (units, items, abilities, etc.).

But I am not an artist, and what the project really needs are talented terrainers. Basically if you can make better terrain than me, you are probably qualified to be a terrainer (or the terrainer, if you prefer) for the project.

The very first release has been uploaded to makemehost.com under the file name "MMRPG2 Alpha v1.2.w3x" and can also be found on the project thread here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...r-master-rpg-ii-13th-gate-246101/index11.html

14ilrf6.png

14xyw6t.png

15gzbdg.png

If you're interested, play around in the alpha version, even go into single player and use cheats (i.e. whosyourdaddy) and see how it feels. If you like it, and think you can vastly improve the terrain, are willing to terrain it, and can start work very soon, then post on this thread or pm me.

Last edited:
Level 15
It's been 48 hours, so I am bumping the post.

Try not to be discouraged by the map's lackluster terrain/art. That is exactly why the project is recruiting terrainers, and not coders.

This project/map is very high quality in terms of organization / coding. The source (vJASS) is high level, high quality, object oriented, under version control, and makes use of several state-of-the-art libraries. I handle both all the code and also object generation, making everything very portable. To load the code/objects/imports it literally takes three lines (one for each). That's not something that can be said for every project.

Last edited:
Level 15
Still looking for terrainers (if you can terrain better than me, you're on board!). Be sure to check out the project thread in the OP for the alpha version (consider it a demo).

For credentials, I have a degree in Computer Science and I've done (paid) research in Natural Language Processing. The latter might not seem so relevant, but it is actually, since doing research is much like developing a map project. It's long term and requires good organizational skills.

Level 15
I am now looking for coders to help with the map as well. Good knowledge of vJASS is required, along with knowing how to use structs, dynamic triggering, and OOP principles like inheritance and polymorphism are pluses. If you are interested send me a PM or post here for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.