• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WIP - Temple of the Eternal Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Temple of the Eternal Night

A cult of crazed blood elves who worship the creatures that live in the darkness of the nether recently moved into this abandoned temple, now the once holy grounds are the place of demonic rituals and sacrifices to their false gods.

It's finally finished!:smile: This is probably my biggest terrain and also has the biggest building made out of doodads I ever made.
There were going to be screenshots from the area inside the temple, but because of a few problems with camera angles and certain doodads that wouldn't look good with omnilights being the only light source in the terrain, I decided to only make the outside.

Attachments

• TotEN.jpg
    TotEN.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 188
  • TotEN2.jpg
    TotEN2.jpg
    840.8 KB · Views: 153
  • TotEN3.jpg
    TotEN3.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 143
  • TotEN4.jpg
    TotEN4.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 157
  • TotEN5.jpg
    TotEN5.jpg
    809.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Level 17
That same flat green tile in the first and third screens kind of ruins them. As it makes the Temple look plain and bare. In fact they are all kind of bare. But as you said this is a WIP so I am sure you still have plenty more to add to it. First picture is... okay. As I said it looks a little boring. Second and third are better. maybe cuz of better angles. Fourth has nothing to do with a castle =D Just some terrain raised above the water with a couple trees on top.

Level 11
Oh, lol, I really need to start paying attention to my posts, that fourth picture was never meant to be there, it was part of a terrain I was making but wasn't very good and I just used it as a base for the temple. Fixed now. Also updated the old screens, the outside area is nearly complete now.

Level 10
I hope you're going to tint the structures parts more brighter. As it looks now it is way too dark and absolutely doesn't fit with the rest of the terrain.

Other then that, the structure itself looks cool.

Level 10
I agree with ~void~ that second pic is cool how you created that tower rising out of the rocks. But overall i dont like the collum spam, and the way you created the domes.

If your going to create domes that way at least space the arches out evenly so there not all criss crossing at wierd angles.

That part of the "temple" or whatever that you created out of the wall ends doesnt look good, exspectialy how they dont line up straight and some of the higher ones hang over the edge of the ones below them.

I dont think there is really a good enuf combination of similar doodads in UTM to pull off the look you where going for. I ran into the same trouble when trying to create roman or greek stuff for the terrain compitition.

Your idea and the way you designed the temple was good but spaming same doodads over and over to do it kills the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.