• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Temple of the Ancient Sun Revamp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is a remake of an old terrain of mine, Temple of the Ancient Sun (the one I made for the challenge vs. belgarath). I just figured I would revisit that one because the concept for it was so epic but the result in the old version wasn't really what I wanted it to be. So here goes:

Attachments

• Temple of the Ancient Sun Revamp.png
    Temple of the Ancient Sun Revamp.png
    2 MB · Views: 295
Level 34
It's good but not great. Not sure why though, everything seems perfect pretty much. Maybe a bit too much yellow? The lighting matches the terrain so much it may in fact hurt it? I don't know though.

Level 36
Good consept, but I can easily see what makes ME think it is not perfect. The fog you made just suddenly stops where the bridge starts, making it look unfinished at that spot.

Haha, I knew someone would point that out. It's because the bridge is curved. There's a short distance between where the fog is there and where it isn't. Not really much I can do to fix it.

Level 5
Hello,
the othere said they think its not great but they dont know why ^^
some one said also... there is to much yellow.
Ok there i would have to say, first you have a bright tempel in the background with that sky and the light there is nearly no contrast ( or not enough ).
for exampel you dont see the waterfalls in the first second, you have to look much in the detail to see them.
then you have that big trees right and left which are close to the camera so they take much part of the picture and we can see in all detail there particles.
Maybe try out just a bit othere camera angel and for exampel the same picture in the night with some light sources, for exampel some flares or some kind of fire .... just an idea... but nice work

Status
Not open for further replies.