• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(WIP) Fornost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Fornost wallpaper.jpg
Hello everyone, my name is Razvan and I am currently working on a map based on a " Lord of The Rings: Battle for the Middle Earth II Rise of the Witch King " campaign which I liked a lot.

I've been doing this by myself, just for fun, but now I'm out of ideas and I thought why not try to see if other people are interested and try to create a map worth playing.

First of all I opened the original map with the BFME II editor and tried to create as much as I can of it with the Warcraft 3 World Editor side by side.

The players will be divided in two teams:
Team 1 representing "Angmar" faction forces lead by The Witch King of Angmar sieging the city of Fornost.
Team 2 representing "Men of the West" faction forces defending the city of Fornost. I haven't decided yet how many players should be but I thought to make it a 2v2.

The main Quest of the original campaign was to lead the troops of Angmar and destroy the "Fornost Citadel" located on the northern side of the map.

Here is the original map

Fornost.png

Here is what I've done until this moment

Fornost v2.png

I feel like I added too many trees but I had too much space left unused and it didn't look that good.

Fornost Main Gate

Fornost Main Gate v2.png

I didn't find a good gate model to look like the original so I had to use the warcraft 3 city gates.

Here's the original:

Fornost Main Gate.png

Behind the Main Gate

Fornost Entrance v2.png

Side Gate

Fornost Side Gate v2.png

In the original map the gate can't be used by enemies, but the ramp is still there, so if the wall is destroyed the enemy can gain access inside the city.

Original:

Fornost Side Gate.png

Fornost Citadel

Fornost Citadel v2.png

This is the Fornost Citadel which must be destroyed / defended depending
which side you're playing on.

Original:

Fornost's_Citadel.jpg

I added these unit models in:

Soldier of Gondor

gondor soldier.jpg

Dunedain Ranger

dunedain ranger.jpg

Dol Amroth Knight

dol amroth knight.jpg

* Big thanks to TheFrenchLeprechaun for those 3 models *

I tried to find models for all units, but those 3 are all I could find.

I intend to add the original sounds to the units, it's a hard work but I already started. I have the game installed, but the files aren't named so I have to listen and rename them manually.

I need a lot of models for units and buildings for both factions:

Angmar - most of them I need, if not, I can add something like fel orcs probably that would fit in it.

Men of the West - same as angmar, except those that I already added, I haven't been able to find any lordoftherings models to add so I tried to at least get some edited models of the original war3 buildings so it would look a little bit different.
( If they exist and I haven't found them my apologies, maybe I haven't searched long enough :D )

I'm a newbie when it comes to triggers, but I did add a few with the knowledge I had. I thought at what I'd wanna add to it and I'll appreaciate all the help I can get. I don't want to make it too complicated and I think I can create what triggers I need by myself with a few guides.

All in all, I'd appreaciate all the help I can get and thanks in advance :D.

*** EDIT ***

I almost finished it, there are a few triggers that need to be added and it's done.

Here are a few screenshots :

2nd Orc Base.png
1st Orc base.png
Fornost v3.png
Fornost Main Gate v3.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-18_18-17-4.png
    upload_2018-2-18_18-17-4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.