• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign-Battle for Middle Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I have am making a Battle for Middle Earth Campaign that will:
-have a good and evil campaign
-Lots of custom Models
-Huge castle sieges for Helms Deep and Minas Tirith
-Battles not shown in the movie
-There will be a The War of the Ring part that will take place in the northern parts of Middle Earth. This part of the Campaign will be based of another game
http://www.ea.com/official/lordoftherings/bfme2/us/home.jsp
The War of the Ring will be battling in the Shire, Bree, Rivendell, Grey Havens, Lothlorien, Sauron's fortress of Dol Guldur, Mirkwood Forest, the Dwarven fortress of Erebor(Lonely Mountain), Dale, Laketown(Esgaroth), the Iron Mountains, Fornost, Redhorn Pass, and Minas Morgul.
More info on Battle for Middle Earth II can be got here: http://gamereplays.org/bfme2/
Here are some screenshots of Minas Tirith
minas16om.jpg

minas21kp.jpg

minas37sy.jpg

minas46nv.jpg

minas53dt.jpg

minas69ia.jpg

minas74gt.jpg

minas82kd.jpg

I have atached a Preview.
To watch it put it in the replays folder and open it, easy!
Remember that this campaign is still in the Alpha stage so i'll release a better one when I have some better stuff to show

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Man this sounds very, very cool!
I hope you want a forum in my hosted forums section. I will later improve it so people can upload their own pages for the project.

Custom models require a lot of work. I would suggest making the whole map first and then use a few models for some units.
I think that it's annoying in maps like DBZ Tribute that it's size is like 50mb.

However your idea is very, very cool!

Level 12
Very, very cool screen shots. looks like a lot of fun. Customs are always nice, but like Ralle said, they may start to lag up he game. My siggestion is, take some of the most common units, like the riders of rohan, and then some of the most special and important units, like Theodan, Legolas, Aragorn, and the 4 hobits, and give them models, and for the rest, just try and find the most exotic models you can within W-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.