• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how can i add the lord of the rings battle for middle earth build system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What build system... Not everyone bothers to play every LotR WC3 map people make.

You should describe the system you are after and then list examples of like implimentations.

If it is trigger enhanced, you can just look at the JASS map script and see how it was implimented. Additionally you could try asking the author of the map.

Level 4
The system where you click a circle, get some options on what you want to build on that circle, then pick structure of choise? Start with making every structures you need in your map, then create your circle of power, where you add all the structures you want to build in "Techtree - Upgrades To:" (found in object editor for your circle of power). Really it will upgrade circle of power to selected structure, but none will be the wiser. Personaly I have not experimented alot on this, but it shouldn't be a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 21
i am able to get it to work perfectly for the starting bases. most base sites consist of 3 types of build sites. 1 citadel, 2 big building and 4 small building.(big build sites might be added later but will be heavily guarded.) i am however out of ideas on how to solve it for expansions.

Level 8
Cut it down to simple Steps. :)

First make , as said above, a circle that is able to upgrade to smallA or smallB.
The circle can not be destroyed.

then make triggers. When smallA or smallB gets destroyed, remove them and place a new circle on their previous position.

Repeat this for every kind of bulding ( small, big, citadel, RandomOther, Mineralmines , ..... ) you can add as many types as you like ofc.

Level 21
that part isnt the issue. my issue is to get expansions to work through script. just like in battle for middle earth people claim a building to get a base site.(i have figured out how to enable people to claim buildings.) the problem is how to create multiple expansions on that concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.