• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wind of change within the Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
omg watch them start starcraft: ghost again.. that game didn't look too good from what i've seen of it.

Level 4
Its so sad though how they got starcraft ghost up and running and close to completion (well i have no idea, but it sounded like they were quite far into development)...and then just can it! Horray for work down the drain!:thumbs_up: couldnt they do SOMETHING with it?

Level 2
that game was already on sale before it was released at game stop and other places... i thought it was actually going somewhere and i thought about buying it, but no they had to cancel it.

Level 2
i was going to buy it just because it had starcraft in the name and it sounded good from the description i saw. i thought it was actually going to get released too but i guess i'm wrong in both situations.. lol

they did the same cancelation with warcrft adventures, it was like 95% done and they never finished it. to be hounest tho, blizzard have made some great games and if they get that far into a game and not release it there must be a reason.

Nahh there was still alot to work on with Warcraft Adventures though they did have a large chunk of it done, a shame though, I love adventure games.

Level 8
its not hard for someone to set up a fake site that redirects you the blizz. Hopefully its a brand new site though

actyually, the entire thing looks like the blizz website. So my moneys on Starcraft.

Woohoo! New game to mod!

Level 26
Me thinks it's just expressing the obvious in a flashy way. No shit we're gonna see more games from blizzard. They just put a bigass question mark there to raise a few eyebrows. It may, however, mean a new game is coming soon, but they put a lot of clues to a Starcraft 2 in the past, and look how much good that did us.

Level 11
Me thinks it's just expressing the obvious in a flashy way. No shit we're gonna see more games from blizzard. They just put a bigass question mark there to raise a few eyebrows. It may, however, mean a new game is coming soon, but they put a lot of clues to a Starcraft 2 in the past, and look how much good that did us.

Oh no this time i believe they are serious, they have never truly gone to the effort they have to make a timeline and such to advetise past games, i believe this time they are truly going to announce a game (sc2 plx!)

Level 36
I'm thinking Starcraft, and that's what the buzz is everywhere else. Diablo isn't boring at all!!!!!!!!!! It's one of the best games I've ever played, but the series didn't really leave MUCH room for a new title after the last one, so it'd be stretching the lore to do so.

Hail Starcraft II!

Level 27
I dont know if i can be happy if it will be starcraft 2 .. i didnt like starcraft it was rly fucked up in my opinion, it was 'Balanced' like most people said but when i played zerg the protoss owned me and when i was terran the zerg owned me and when i played protoss i was owned by both !!! .. so whatever if they make SC2 then i ORDER them to make it a game i like this time..

Level 24
I dont know if i can be happy if it will be starcraft 2 .. i didnt like starcraft it was rly fucked up in my opinion, it was 'Balanced' like most people said but when i played zerg the protoss owned me and when i was terran the zerg owned me and when i played protoss i was owned by both !!! .. so whatever if they make SC2 then i ORDER them to make it a game i like this time..

that means it is balanced and you just need a little practice. zerg is the fastest race, but has weak units and needs to outproduce enemies. protoss is the most powerful, but is expensive and kind of slow to start up. terran the most er... versatile? versatile. their medics can blind units, heal, their science vessels dominate organic units, their sieged siege tanks can shoot farther than they can see, not to mention they have scarybadass nukes.

Level 13
No, it will be either Starcraft 2 Or Diablo, there's an even chance it is Diablo.

Reason? Well while there is no room for a sequal and that Blizzard would have to screw with lore, that wouldn't stop them. They've ruined the lore of one of their franchises to make a game (World of Warcraft.)

Level 21
They've ruined the lore of one of their franchises to make a game (World of Warcraft.)

i think the warcraft lore is still intact, remember that alot of players do quests that are minorly affecting the WC history and future. the only questionable thing is the instances with important characters. anyhoos it dont really matter because the people who are intrested in the lore makes up the minory of the wow players, with most people only knowing little bits about thrall and arthras and illadin. on the otherhand i think the LOTR online game might mess with the lore of that story, i dont know. anyways if the lore is very important to you then i guess MMO games dont really help but i personally prefer the gameplay to the story which is why i play CSS.

Level 13
True while the quests are still minor, there are a few huge differences

Did you know Blizzard put Blood Elves on Horde and Draenei (Or is it Eredar? I don't play WoW) on the Alliance just to screw with people?

Level 36
Precisely. To say that Blizzard didn't fuck over the lore royally to make WoW work is a lie, and a big lie at that. The Warcraft Lore is now in tatters thanks to that game, the same which has you fighting immortal elementals as bosses, the supposedly dead Illidan, other retarded things, and the fact that Warstomp doesn't automatically kill every gnome within a 5 foot radius of that Tauren's foot is a total disappointment.

Level 13
come on, MMORPGS like WoW, the sterotypical bottom-feeder games don't have stories, just mindless crap that discourages any form of story or RPing personally

Agreed and that's why Blizzard added the RP realms to make it look like they actually care about the story, when in reality, they don't give a shit.

And when they say they care about their customers, don't believe them, they don't. My friend has been reported numerous times for harrasment, nothing's happened, and to top it all off, it's in an RP realm.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing Blizzard but it's true, that's why I wish more companies were like Artix Entertainment. (AE doesn't make the greatest games in the world, but they truly do listen to their community, just checking the design notes and looking on their forums will help cover for that.)

Level 18
Precisely. To say that Blizzard didn't fuck over the lore royally to make WoW work is a lie, and a big lie at that. The Warcraft Lore is now in tatters thanks to that game, the same which has you fighting immortal elementals as bosses, the supposedly dead Illidan, other retarded things, and the fact that Warstomp doesn't automatically kill every gnome within a 5 foot radius of that Tauren's foot is a total disappointment.

Actually, Blizzard never claimed Illidan died, and we never saw him die. We saw him take a stomach wound, but Arthas simply could not finish him off; the compulsion to merge with Ner'zhul was too great for him to do anything but single-mindedly follow his course. And Blizzard have also said you don't kill Illidan in the Black Temple. But yeah, Warcraft lore has gone to hell.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing Blizzard but it's true, that's why I wish more companies were like Artix Entertainment. (AE doesn't make the greatest games in the world, but they truly do listen to their community, just checking the design notes and looking on their forums will help cover for that.)

They do listen to the community at that, as one of the staff members put it "Ever notice how things speculated about on the forums tend to come true?".
Do you play DragonFable by any chance?

-*meow*

Level 14
and if you take a look, Kel'thuzad isn't really dead as well

yes, the players kill him in Naxxramas now, but they have to bring his phylactery (source of lich's power) as quest item. Blizzard can easily use it as backdoor "The phylactery had been stolen, and Kel'thuzad opposes human forces once again" etc.

Level 19
He. Never. Died. There was no indication that he died. People just assumed that he died. You are wrong. Very wrong. Listen to the sound files in the game, they plainly state that he left Illidan alive
lol

He fell to the ground and I don't think there would be any reason Arthas should leave Illidan alive. It's just one of those WoW lore messups, to make the game more exciting at the cost of some story. Illidan should have died.

Level 21
I don't think there would be any reason Arthas should leave Illidan alive.

because arthas doesnt think anymore, by the end of the game he was just a zombie after his brains (Ner'zhul) and looting the shops (killing Illadin) wasnt in his intrest at all. Illadin got in the way and got pwned but arthas does kill him because thats not what his zombie instincts tell him to do.

Level 25
lol

He fell to the ground and I don't think there would be any reason Arthas should leave Illidan alive. It's just one of those WoW lore messups, to make the game more exciting at the cost of some story. Illidan should have died.

Arthas decided that Illidan was too weak to die. If Arthas wasn't in, oh I don't know, a bit of a HURRY to stop his source of power from dying, then I'm sure he would have finished the job. But you know, he had more important things to do as oposed to finishing off what he considered to be an annoying pest. He probably wanted him to suffer anway, which he has done. And the enemy of my enemy, in this case the Burning Legion, is a useful thing to keep in their majour stronghold in order to stop them from coming back

So Arthas did it to
A. Humilate Illidan
B. Use Illidan to deal with the Legion for him
C. Because he couldn't be bothered killing Illidan. He had better things to do

It's been established since the day TFT was RELEASED that Illidan survived. Its not a new concept which WoW has brought in

Rui

Rui

Level 41
i think the warcraft lore is still intact, remember that alot of players do quests that are minorly affecting the WC history and future. the only questionable thing is the instances with important characters. anyhoos it dont really matter because the people who are intrested in the lore makes up the minory of the wow players, with most people only knowing little bits about thrall and arthras and illadin. on the otherhand i think the LOTR online game might mess with the lore of that story, i dont know. anyways if the lore is very important to you then i guess MMO games dont really help but i personally prefer the gameplay to the story which is why i play CSS.

LotR is finished. No game will change it's lore.

And please, Blizzard itself stated that Illidan did NOT die.

As for the question of the topic, it's a very hard choice. Why?
  • Starcraft: Broodwar is on hold, if I'm not wrong. If I'm correct, then why would they be starting a new Starcraft II? Just to boost the "power" of the graphic engine?
  • I doubt they do Diablo. If Diablo is a MMO as you say, why would they launch another one when they have WoW?
  • Warcraft... hell yeah, lore is torn to shreds. I can't understand how the lore that I enjoyed so much became this... Warcraft III-consuming stuff. But Blizzard needs only promote and announce Warcraft IV to draw all the players who still play Wacraft 3.

It's not long until Illidan definitly dies, though. Have you seen this? I haven't read the changes of the patch but by the looks of it, it seems you'll be able to acess the Black Temple. That means GG Illidan sooner or later.

Last edited:
Level 19
So Arthas did it to
A. Humilate Illidan
B. Use Illidan to deal with the Legion for him
C. Because he couldn't be bothered killing Illidan. He had better things to do

It's been established since the day TFT was RELEASED that Illidan survived. Its not a new concept which WoW has brought in
I never heard of it before WoW that Illidan had survived. Okay sounds reasonable for this zombie Arthas. But I don't remember anything about Illidan dealing with Legion.

Why has Blizzard not told yet what the next project is?

Level 13
Yeah, and the fact that WoW is just another stereotypical MMO just with Warcraft characters. (IMO)

@Rui: Actually, I believe Blizzard said they'd just have him "Flee" I think the same would go with Kael and Vashj

Rui

Rui

Level 41
They'd flee? Hmmm... that proves to be some hope for Warcraft IV. If so many major characters have died, why would Illidan survive? There must be something behind all this ^^ I hope the new game is REALLY an RTS game. I'm so tired of Battle for Middle Earth II (which is great but crappy as RTS), and Warcraft III is obviously becoming old.

Status
Not open for further replies.