• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wind of change within the Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

We should find out that it's Starcraft II in 3 days.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I might actually buy it if it's Diablo.

Level 27
Mh.. didnt hellgate london did that already? .. anyways ..
If it was
Warcraft = No way, there is a WoW lore now.. could blizzard rly be so dumb?
Starcraft = Possible, although i dont know the lore
Diablo = Eh, he is dead..

Possiblity? the only possible thing i think is or something to do with STARCRAFT or a totaly new awesome game :)

Level 36
I am waiting in joyful anticipation. No not the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, thr announcement about what game it is!

I think it's probably going to be a Starcraft project. They did Diablo, I don't see where that could go, I highly doubt it's a Warcraft game (why would they do that right at the height of WoW fever) so thus unless it's a completely new original seriers, we're looking at Starcraft.

Either way, if it's made by Blizzard (and it's not an MMO) then i'm buying it.

Level 10
For those of you who don't know how to use your eyes...

untitledhc0.jpg

That'd be funny if the name of the game was "The Tides of Darkness" or "Starcraft II: The Tides of Darkness"

[/SarcasmOn=ModeHigh] I KNOW!! Diablo had 2 twins, Bert and Bob who will kick but in the next Diablo!! AND, since it’s been THREE years apart not just TWO, they ALSO release warcraft FIVE, they call it, and ignore the fact the lore would be ruined! Best of all, they'll release starcraft 2 ALSO!!!! And they'll all be RTS!!! I know, they’ll make a NEW kind too!! They release millions of games, go bankrupt, retire, and everyone will love the pack of junkies crawling in the street, cause they made so many cool games![/SarcasmOFF]

Sorry. :( Couldnt help it.

More seriously: Blizzard could be dumb and releas another Warcraft anyway, and they could make up a bizzare plan for Diablo, and it would be easy to make starcraft.....We'll just have to wait for the 19th...

Level 27
and it would be easy to make starcraft.....We'll just have to wait for the 19th...

Ahem.. if you could make easy money? (Starcraft was/is immense popular when it came out and it was very 'balanced' and thats why people loved it, although i totaly didnt like starcraft they may just make a new one because everyone would be in seventh heaven) would you not?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The question is, if it's a moddable RTS game like Warcraft III, will the Hive add new sections for the new game?

Em!

Em!

Level 25
Diablo horadric Wars or Sin Wars rts game :D, could be a diablo mmo or just a hacknslash diablo game but since the expansion ending left no room for a sequel perhaps they go back in time before the first diablo game where mages were still summoning those cute little imps but my guess is starcrafts coming not a big fan of the game but an mmo of starcraft would be kinda cool.

Level 27
The question is, if it's a moddable RTS game like Warcraft III, will the Hive add new sections for the new game?

Why should they not?

Oh yeah i got this from blizzie's site :)

Whatever happened to StarCraft: Ghost?
No final determinations have been made yet regarding our plans for StarCraft: Ghost. The game remains on indefinite hold, and any future plans we have for StarCraft: Ghost or any other console games will be announced at a later date.

What happened to Warcraft Adventures?
Following an intensive and very serious review of the game, Blizzard decided to stop development on Warcraft Adventures. We determined that, given the game's status and the rapidly changing technology of the industry, it would not be possible to complete development of the title within a reasonable time frame.

While this was an extremely difficult decision, we firmly believe that we cannot release a game that does not meet the exceptionally high standards that both our customers, and we, expect from the Blizzard label.

Stopping development on this game was not a decision that was taken lightly. It was a hard call to make, but each of us knows that it was the right choice. We hope that Warcraft fans will consider our track record and trust our judgment on ending the project.

Will you be making StarCraft II?
We have not announced any current plans for StarCraft II. We are all very close to the worlds and characters we created in the original game and the expansion set and while we do intend to revisit that universe, we have no plans to do so at this time.

Do you have any plans for more Expansions to StarCraft?
No.

Last edited:
Level 10
Why should they not?

Oh yeah i got this from blizzie's site :)

Whatever happened to StarCraft: Ghost?
No final determinations have been made yet regarding our plans for StarCraft: Ghost. The game remains on indefinite hold, and any future plans we have for StarCraft: Ghost or any other console games will be announced at a later date.

What happened to Warcraft Adventures?
Following an intensive and very serious review of the game, Blizzard decided to stop development on Warcraft Adventures. We determined that, given the game's status and the rapidly changing technology of the industry, it would not be possible to complete development of the title within a reasonable time frame.

While this was an extremely difficult decision, we firmly believe that we cannot release a game that does not meet the exceptionally high standards that both our customers, and we, expect from the Blizzard label.

Stopping development on this game was not a decision that was taken lightly. It was a hard call to make, but each of us knows that it was the right choice. We hope that Warcraft fans will consider our track record and trust our judgment on ending the project.

Will you be making StarCraft II?
We have not announced any current plans for StarCraft II. We are all very close to the worlds and characters we created in the original game and the expansion set and while we do intend to revisit that universe, we have no plans to do so at this time.

Do you have any plans for more Expansions to StarCraft?
No.

So it's either Diablo or Starcraft.

Level 24
Ahem.. if you could make easy money? (Starcraft was/is immense popular when it came out and it was very 'balanced' and thats why people loved it, although i totaly didnt like starcraft they may just make a new one because everyone would be in seventh heaven) would you not?

yes i would

since we all know it's SC, will it be SC: Ghost or SC II?
i'd love to see what blizzard will put in SC II whether that's it or not

Level 13
Blizzard: Dear valued customers... We will be taking down Battle.Net in order to make more room for more servers for A Starcraft MMO, we look forward to you being suckered in like always.

Level 36
It isn't going to be Diablo. It's just not. The last expansion left the game without any possibility for further games. I doubt that it will be a warcraft game either, so that leaves Starcraft, or a new original series.

Battle.Net isn't going down, although your satire was hilarious :D

Level 2
time to play through the campaigns again to find out which one(s) were left open.. =) maybe they will release a new addition to all the game to make us all happy, or they start a new series of "super" games with the new technology at hand

Level 2
The SC fan community is on fire right now with the blizzard announcement in Korea (SC fan capital of the world) and the popular rumor is that Blizzard will announce a sequel to 'guess which game'?

Status
Not open for further replies.