• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wierd problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Man i have set this trigger:

Event Player chat message a as an exact

Actions Set variabile RANDOM= math random nuber between 1- 10.
Game Show variabile Random

Man when i tested the numbers where 8 7 6 1 9 3

restart map

Test agian numbers are 8 7 6 1 9 3

restart map

test again numbers 8 7 6 1 9 3

The numbers are all same what the fuck, is supuse to be random, what needs to be done?

Level 5
Its always the same in test mode i belive, try to play on single player or local area network and i think they will randomize.

Level 11
Man if u repleyd can u tell me about this " wierd problem":

I have made a map and tested in World Editor

Player 1 user
Player 2 Computer

And What i did so far was ok

I have Started the map from Local Area Network

Player 1 User
Player 2 Computer

And the triggers where fucked. I had to select a unit 2 times insteed of 1 time to work a triggers in Lan. WHY? Is sopose to work good everywhere because it was with same conditions and i have tested the map 99999x to solve every bug. Whats the problem wtf.

Level 5
Doubth it.
When I made a map with computer based units with the ability "dark portal"
which summoned 10 different types of units. This happened, in test mode it became the exact same number/types of units each time. It changed during the game, yes. But the first, second, third, fourth...... times were the same on each of my tests.
when i tried to make the game on a local area network, the spawns became different.

Level 9
Post the trigger here with
  • and copyed text from Trigger Editor.
  • [B]From what ive readed, try:[/B]
  • Create a Variable.
  • Variable Name: ele_string
  • Variable Type: String
  • Array: Yes
  • Array Size: 1
  • Now create this Trigger:
  • [TRIGGER]Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ele_string[1] = 1
      • Set ele_string[2] = 2
      • Set ele_string[3] = 3
      • Set ele_string[4] = 4
      • -------- And so on, to you got the right amount of strings. --------
Then create this Trigger:
  • ShowNumber
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -number as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ele_string[(Random integer number between 1 and <the total amount of strings, in this case: "4">)]
Got it? :)

This is also the best way to create a "All Random" command, like in DotA.

Level 11
1.Man tnx for reply i think the randoms numbers may have a problem in test mod. But i want to say that they worked once in test mod and than they stoped working, but in Lan was good.

2. The triggers in LAN problem.

I have tested the map many times in order to solve all the "bugs" and when it was OK, i have tested the map in LAN and guess what? Triggers diddnt worked, so imagine this shit wtf.
I am not a beginner! they condition where all the same they sould worked but is a problem.

3 Once the triggers in test mod from editor worked good, but in LAN they where all fuckt up bad. I did: export triggers(SAVe)
reset triggers
import triggers

And after imported they SAME triggers it worked in LAN with less "bugs". How do u explain that??????

I am not a begineer pls tell me about this problem because it makes me mad.

Maybe i can post the map is not ready so somebody could see what i am talking about. Like this ppl can test it and tell me awhat they think about the map.

Level 22
I would say that the last post you posted about the export and import, may be a result of "randomness" ;)

No actually random number works, why it dont for you, me not know but also you mentioned that it also do random as you said about the dark portal.

probably the easiest way to solve this or even if it doesnt solve is to have a higher value as 1 - 100 ;)

Level 11
Man from time to time my map is fucks up. It sais main map file cannot be open. (I have saved the trigges and data but wtf)How can this problem be fixed?
I have windows vista do u think there is a problem with warcraft 3 on vista?

....................................................................................................................

Man what are the stings for the collors in WE? I mean |cffffcc00TEXT|r is for basic color i think is orange. But for the other color: red, green, blue....

Level 9
As i asked, where is the file?
Its not Vista, for sure. You could try to "Run as Administrator" or something like that.

For colors, the best thing is to download JNGP, Jass New Gen Pack (Google it).
All the "Text Boxes" you have in Object Editor / Trigger Editor will have a "Color Picker" for text, very sweet! :D

Level 11
Man start the map from World Editor and see the selection. WHen u select a unit some cirlces of power apears, if u select the unit again the cirlces must disapir, is ok in WE.

Now try the selection in LAN using the same players( Player 1 human, player 2 cpu) and i have the select the unit 2x in order the cirlces to apear( thats wrong). If it work good at u i dont know what to say. Maybe in lan there are other problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.