• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Freezing Trigger Doesn't Do All Its Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm creating and filling in a large multiboard, and that trigger is very large too. The problem is that it does only about one quarter out of all of its functions and does no more. The trigger proved not to work in any other maps, where I paste it in.

While doing diagnostics I managed to put text functions between most of the trigger's actions, to check how many text messages Warcraft will display in total. Here's the result: of all the numbers, Warcraft shown 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. After I removed action "Multiboard - Set the display style for Multiboard in column 0, row 0 to Hide Text and Hide Icons" Warcraft displayed 2 more numbers during testing: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

Could someone please either fix the trigger or tell a solution or at least help with what to do next in diagnostics.
I upload the map too, in case if you don't want to make the whole trigger on your own.

Attachments

• Trigger5.jpg
    Trigger5.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 75
  • l00_border.w3x
    110.5 KB · Views: 27
Level 28
Well, as a starter I would advice you to post the trigger here on the hive.

Write: [ hidden=Trigger][ trigger] (without the spaces)
Now go to your trigger and select the name (above "Events"), right click and select "Copy as Text".
Paste it after what you just wrote (those tags) and then write [/hidden][/trigger]

(and instead of all those Integer A's and B's, I would advice for each integer Variable - Do multiple Actions, but I guess it's too late for that and it won't really matter).

Could you send one of the maps you pasted it in to me?
I'd like to test some things for myself, I think it's easier then when I have to tell you things the entire time :/

Level 11
I have attached the map to my first post. It can be opened with World Editor Unlimited, but I can make a map with that multiboard which can be opened with ordinary WE.
And I attached to my post also a large picture - screenshot of the trigger, because the trigger is so long that it's hard to write it in
  • tag as text.
  • The multiboard I'm making is an inventory. But the trigger has a problem - it runs only first 19 actions and then doesn't work.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You are htting the opt limit for WC3 due to GUIs crappy way of handeling multiboards with unnescescary itteration.
Put some triggersleepactions after every few actions with minimal delay (wait actions in GUI) or rewrite the trigger in JASS to reduce the ammount of itteration which occurs (which is easy to do as GUI actions are stupid and loop when not needed).

Basically, WC3 can only execute so much code at once without taking a break.

Level 28
I'll test the map in a moment.
And I attached to my post also a large picture - screenshot of the trigger, because the trigger is so long that it's hard to write it in
  • tag as text.[/quote]
  • It's a [b]lot[/b] easier than a screenshot of the trigger, all you need to do is write the tags and copy/paste the trigger, it's also easier for me to read... I don't see any disadvantages.
  • [quote]Basically, WC3 can only execute so much code at once without taking a break. [/quote]
  • Hm, didn't know that, the multiboard actions must be a lot worse than other actions, since I've made longer triggers that did work :/
  • (can the Integer A/B's have something to do with it, since they're BJ's?)

Status
Not open for further replies.