1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Why was Friky disq'ed?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by viiva, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Argh... for the last time... I did not tried to hijack it or even continue working on it... I don't know why I even made it, I was so into that Castelvania game, I really liked the monsters in it and the whole game, (I am a huge Castlevania fan) so just consider that drawing as a... fan art. I just missplaced fan and concept art, that's all.

2. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Honestly, I know FrIkY as a user and he's ok, but as far as cheating goes you should only be able to get one yellow card.

Cheat once, get a massive warning and possibly a ban from the next competition. Cheat the second time, ban forever. End of story. What kind of a noob would give someone four chances?! Even though I think FrIkY is ok, cheating three times should have given him a permanent ban from the contest ages ago. I would have said the same for members like Poot and Mecheon(although I know they would never cheat).

No matter how much I respect someone, objectively, cheating three times and being banned shouldn't even be questioned. Sorry, FrIkY, but imagine if everybody got four chances? All of the contests would be contests of who can cheat the best.

It's a contest, it's supposed to be fun and furthermore it doesn't mean a thing if you win. Not a thing. Rep and an award icon? Big deal. It's the fun that counts, and that just gets sapped away when there are cheaters.

Definitely just you. I know people who have two hundred posts and have contributed more than people with three thousand posts. Post count almost all of the time marks how much spam and useless remarks you've posted.

3. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I think FrIkY is one of the very few cases that succeeded in somewhat redeeming himself. Though art-theft and CnPing is a very serious crime (and I somewhat agree with Captain Griffen on the method to silence such a threat), for an unknown reason, quite a lot of people don't realize its severity, only after committing it.

I think the disqualification, the negreps and the community's constant booting made him realize how foolish he was, and he succeeded in proving that he's not a pain-in-the-ass or at least cunning art thief, but he indeed has real potential. Eventually, I think most of us will learn to forgive him.

4. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    We're not talking forgiving here. Hell, we're just trying not to bash someone in the middle of his work and let that work go to waste.

Imagine yourself working on a map for an year and then your map is denied due to a past offence of... let's say deprotecting a map.

5. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Although I agree that they should have told him that he couldn't enter before he started working on the contest, rather then half way through the contest. However if he has stolen work then he needs to be punished for that.

6. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah. Ban him from the next contests. Don't let this work go to waste.

People who waste art are no worse than those who steal it.

7. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    He is scum. I treat people like they deserve.

8. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree with Frosty on this one. No need to disqualify him when he's 90% done because of your own slacking.

9. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Friky does not deserve punishment anymore.
    His dark past is gone, and he contributed greatly by making freehanded resources and by helping & teaching other users.
    It was and still is very noticeable.

I dislike CnP or such in general, but Friky actually turned his back to his previous trespass.

10. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ehhh, Friky I'm a bit fuzzy on, especially since he's tried to redeem himself. People like Ezikielth (although he didn't do it in contests) and Oziris and so on though... yeah, ban them from contests for a while.

But yeah, the staff is slow. Heck, in general the staff here is pretty crap. People like Rising and such have tried to fix it, but he got fed up and left. Soooo...

11. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Wow, damn tight, tough boy. Let me guess, are you a pro of death penalty?

I think it's obvious FrIkY's skin for the contest is freehanded so far. All I see is this decision is an immediate waste of work, and that's a real shame.

12. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Not to be interruptive, but Captain Griffen is known to have dealt out a wide array of death penalties over at WC3C >.>

13. Nbah

Nbah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Exactly, this is what I'm talking about. Stop being cold-hearted bastards, and think about it for a little. And Captain Griffen, I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but seriously fuck off. You think he actually deserves this. After he tried so hard, to change things. I'm trying really hard to hold back my flame mode. You have to actually value what he's tried to do to change things. Not to mention he actually made a difference. Whoever thought of this punishment, stop think for a second, and read Paladon's post.

14. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Basically, he "stole art" in the past, and gets disqualified in this contest, but his submission in the phoenix trial was approved, which seems a bit odd, any explanation on this?

15. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    YES. It was freehanded and of high quality.

16. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Isn't his new skin on the texture competition the same then?
    Why punish him now and not then?
    The logic here just fails, just let him enter the damned contest and neg rep him as punishment or something like that.
    It's totally unfair to not let him enter just cause one person was too lazy to inform such an important thing to him early.
    You guys are just wasting his hard work (Yes, I know he can submit it to skins section, but that's not the point)

Freaking pissed off how the staff does things here

17. Paladon

Paladon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is.
    Why is he even punished now? I don't know.
    ...which is long time outdated. And i bet he was already negrepped at that time.
    The whole topic of this thread is unfair.
    I agree.
    I agree. Although i do not know whos decision it was.

18. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Watch the flaming please. That goes for everybody.

19. ike_ike

ike_ike

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that it's ridiculous for you to criticise the staff for this though. FrIkY WAS the instigator here, so you shouldn't deify him or anything.

20. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I shall indeed.

It would seem to be so. Would it not?

The Golden Rule will not find you so in forgiving eyes either, Captain Griffen. Don't forget that you are not exactly the paragon of high citizenry yourself!

___

I highly disagree with punishing him in the middle of a contest...but this is not my area and all I can say is this:

"Why now?"

And if he was indeed NOT cheating in this contest...let him finish...and then give him the punishment for the next contests, as everyone keeps saying.

You don't drag a baseball player off the field in the middle of batting...just to say "HE DID STEROIDS! SORRY GOTTA PULL HIM OUT!"

Because you are liable to get hit in the face with the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.