• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why was Friky disq'ed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't about the current contest.

He's a known art thief, and has lied every single time about his use of CnP. He's been using friend votes in polls and is generally known as a cheater. If you want I'll gladly look for the threads prooving this, but generally you can simply look through past texturing contests.

I'm sorry I had to tell him in the middle of the contest, I wish I had announced it to him earlier, but the Arena is going to be under some stricter surveillance from now on. Cheating and ruined public polls are everywhere, and this is an issue that needs to be corrected immediatly.

Also, this is not permanent.

Level 34
WILLTHEALMIGHTY, that is not true, I did not ask any of my friends to vote for me. But yes... I was an Art Thief. Again I apologize for that. But why can't you at least let me finish this contest... okay then... I'll never join any other Texturing Contest again, if that's fine. This seems really unfair, I worked so damn hard to make that skin look good, and even now people say it's CnP (after I showed more than 15 WIPs). After the #10 Texturing Contest, I tried to improve myself, I tried to be a normal user again. Have you seen Mag'har orcs? They're all freehand work! :D ...*sigh* why am I even trying... but I just don't want everyone to think that I'm a cheater... I hate cheaters, I am against dramas! I improved since then... bananaHUNT, please don't look at me as a cheater, because I'm not that.

Level 34
I'm surprised you haven't been banned for this pure and utter nonsense
Boy.. you really are a n00b x3

well.... cya then.
If you don't have anything useful to add to the thread, don't post. Also please don't flame.

------------------------

Friky, you're only being dropped out of this contest (as far as I'm aware). I would encourage you to accept it, and try and continue to gain trust. I think you've shown you can be a real positive for the site, and I'm sure with time people will forget your previous actions.

Level 14
He's been let off lightly. You don't get three strikes then banned from comps at WC3C. First offence for art theft? Ban. It's simple, easy, and effective. You know you shouldn't steal and pass it off as your own. You know you shouldn't lie. You do it, you accept the consequences.

Cheating, as usual. He's the Oziris of the texturing contests, except he actually makes good textures when he doesn't cheat. xP

was he? i think he actually tried his best on this texturing contest...

Captain Griffen said:
He's been let off lightly. You don't get three strikes then banned from comps at WC3C. First offence for art theft? Ban. It's simple, easy, and effective. You know you shouldn't steal and pass it off as your own. You know you shouldn't lie. You do it, you accept the consequences.
Oh sure! *sarcastic* you quickly ban off a productive member. some strategy that is....

Liars, cheats, and resource stealers are detrimental to the community as a whole. Eliminating them is not only ideologically good, but also pragmatically sound.

.. and there we go with the story of a boy who cried "wolf"...
so.. now he's rejected as a person because of that? it sure sounded like that when TDB commented...

Level 40
.. and there we go with the story of a boy who cried "wolf"...
so.. now he's rejected as a person because of that? it sure sounded like that when TDB commented...
He was confirmed to have cheated several contests in a row...

What the heck does the boy who cried wolf have to do with anything?

And yeah, I'd say it's fair to make someone who has cheated over and over to prove themself before being accepted. Don't you?

Level 35

There are far worse abusers of our...forgiving...attitudes.

He was confirmed to have cheated several contests in a row...

What the heck does the boy who cried wolf have to do with anything?

And yeah, I'd say it's fair to make someone who has cheated over and over to prove themself before being accepted. Don't you?

it's called.. umm.. comparrison? Noone beleved the boy untill the sheep got slaughtered =/
same is now with FrIkY..... and i'm not talking about regaining trust.... i'm talking about insulting a real man behind that username =/

Is it insulting to call a murderer a murderer? Or not to let a convicted pedophile work as a teacher?

let me tell you what's insulting. to treat a person like a scum. punishments and misstrust maybe.. but humiliation or whatever... well... nope.

is it just me or you all have some kind of a pick on us Serbians, croatians and ect.. oO

Level 40
it's called.. umm.. comparrison? Noone beleved the boy untill the sheep got slaughtered =/
Because he lied to them again and again and again. The point of the story is to show that you should not cry wolf falsely because then when it comes true people will be prone to validly disbelieve you.

let me tell you what's insulting. to treat a person like a scum. punishments and misstrust maybe.. but humiliation or whatever... well... nope.

is it just me or you all have some kind of a pick on us Serbians, croatians and ect.. oO
It's just you.

Level 11
This is rather stupid in my opinion. The guy made some mistakes, which isn't good, but the important thing is he's changed. He's trying and doing his best. He started a great skin for the Texture Contest with in mind, that this time he won't let you guys down. Banning him from Texture Contest's (even more A Texture Contest he started a skin on) is quite stupid. He's done some stupid things but that's not the point. The point is as I said before that he's changed from then, all he wants now is to change for good. Right now he doesn't need this. On the contrary, he needs to be encouraged, that he's doing a pretty damn good job, withought the things he used. The guy doesn't even suck. He's skins are good, and your just tossing him away, as if he doesn't matter. You should value your users. Even if they have done some pretty stupid things. I'm sorry if I have offended somebody, it's just my opinion and I beg the hive moderators to reconsider. Acts like these are stupid, don't leave users. They are what make the hive so great as it is right now. And don't tell me Friky doesn't. Very little users don't.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
This is ridiculous, Fr1kY is being punished now for something he did in
October last year?

Fr1kY has worked hard to regain his public standing. In the last six months he
has aided the community and produced numerous textures of far greater
quality than his previous, copied work. None of these have been CnP, I can
assert that for I have been watching like a hawk. Don't forget that I was part
of the team that exposed his art theft in the first place.
I am not by any means saying that he should be treated lightly for his past
behaviour - art theft is inexcusable. Rather that if he were to be punished, he
should have been punished then and there, not six months after the
offence was proved.

Level 34
Argh... for the last time... I did not tried to hijack it or even continue working on it... I don't know why I even made it, I was so into that Castelvania game, I really liked the monsters in it and the whole game, (I am a huge Castlevania fan) so just consider that drawing as a... fan art. I just missplaced fan and concept art, that's all.

Level 14
Honestly, I know FrIkY as a user and he's ok, but as far as cheating goes you should only be able to get one yellow card.

Cheat once, get a massive warning and possibly a ban from the next competition. Cheat the second time, ban forever. End of story. What kind of a noob would give someone four chances?! Even though I think FrIkY is ok, cheating three times should have given him a permanent ban from the contest ages ago. I would have said the same for members like Poot and Mecheon(although I know they would never cheat).

No matter how much I respect someone, objectively, cheating three times and being banned shouldn't even be questioned. Sorry, FrIkY, but imagine if everybody got four chances? All of the contests would be contests of who can cheat the best.

It's a contest, it's supposed to be fun and furthermore it doesn't mean a thing if you win. Not a thing. Rep and an award icon? Big deal. It's the fun that counts, and that just gets sapped away when there are cheaters.

Dunno if it's just me and my semi-lurker standards, but it seems like anyone with 2K+ posts is a good contributor.
Definitely just you. I know people who have two hundred posts and have contributed more than people with three thousand posts. Post count almost all of the time marks how much spam and useless remarks you've posted.

Level 35
I think FrIkY is one of the very few cases that succeeded in somewhat redeeming himself. Though art-theft and CnPing is a very serious crime (and I somewhat agree with Captain Griffen on the method to silence such a threat), for an unknown reason, quite a lot of people don't realize its severity, only after committing it.

I think the disqualification, the negreps and the community's constant booting made him realize how foolish he was, and he succeeded in proving that he's not a pain-in-the-ass or at least cunning art thief, but he indeed has real potential. Eventually, I think most of us will learn to forgive him.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
We're not talking forgiving here. Hell, we're just trying not to bash someone in the middle of his work and let that work go to waste.

Imagine yourself working on a map for an year and then your map is denied due to a past offence of... let's say deprotecting a map.

Ehhh, Friky I'm a bit fuzzy on, especially since he's tried to redeem himself. People like Ezikielth (although he didn't do it in contests) and Oziris and so on though... yeah, ban them from contests for a while.

But yeah, the staff is slow. Heck, in general the staff here is pretty crap. People like Rising and such have tried to fix it, but he got fed up and left. Soooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.