• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Why its not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making a skill but somethings wrong but i don't know what :wscrolleyes:

• Event:
  • Unit - Begins Casting an ability
  • Conditions:
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to storm bolt
  • Actions:
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • (Level of storm bolt for (Casting Unit)) Equal to 1
  • Then - Actions
  • Wait ((Distance between (Position of (Casting Unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) / 700.00 seconds
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of(Casting unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Set StormBoltU = (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Thunder Clap to StormBoltU
  • Unit - Set level of Thunder Clap for StormBoltU to (Level of Storm Bolt (Casting unit))
  • Unit - Order StormBoltU to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
  • Set StormBoltSpecEffect[1] = (Last created special effect)
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
  • Set StormBoltSpecEffect[1] = (Last created special effect)
  • Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Unit - Remove StormBoltU from the game
  • Special Effect - Destroy StormBoltSpecEffect[1]
  • Special Effect - Destroy StormBoltSpecEffect[2]
Ok i make all this then i test it and when i use storm bolt first time i see spec effect but when i use it again i don't see any spec effect just stun and thunder clap and i cant even see effect of thunder clap. Please tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks for your wasted time

Level 6
first, you've set both of the special effects to StormBoltSpecEffect[1].

second, did u use the spell the second time less than one second b4 the first one? xD

third, right click the trigger name inside the trigger and press "Copy As Text" and then u can paste (ctrl + v) the text inside the trigger tag

Level 7
first, you've set both of the special effects to StormBoltSpecEffect[1].

second, did u use the spell the second time less than one second b4 the first one? xD

third, right click the trigger name inside the trigger and press "Copy As Text" and then u can paste (ctrl + v) the text inside the trigger tag

About "first, you've set both of the special effects to StormBoltSpecEffect[1]." i was writing it by my self and that is my mistake :grin:

And for "third, right click the trigger name inside the trigger and press "Copy As Text" and then u can paste (ctrl + v) the text inside the trigger tag"
  • StormBolt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt (Mountain King)
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Storm Bolt (Mountain King) for (Casting unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait ((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) / 700.00) seconds
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Set StormBoltU = (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Thunder Clap to StormBoltU
          • Unit - Set level of Thunder Clap for StormBoltU to (Level of Storm Bolt (Mountain King) for (Casting unit))
          • Unit - Order StormBoltU to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Set StormBoltSpecEfect[1] = (Last created special effect)
          • Set StormBoltSpecEfect[2] = (Last created special effect)
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove StormBoltU from the game
          • Special Effect - Destroy StormBoltSpecEfect[1]
          • Special Effect - Destroy StormBoltSpecEfect[2]
        • Else - Actions
P.S. Really thanks for third! :wthumbsup:

Level 29
Could it be that you leveld Storm Bolt before the second time ?

And just a tip, in your wait you should use "Distance/Speed", so for example if your hammer's speed is 800 and the distance is 400, it would take 1/2 second.

A second tip is, that you should read the "Things That Leak" or any tutorial about leaks.

A 3rd tip is, that you should use Triggering Unit in any case you can.
It usually works better then the other things.

And since I can't really spot any critical problem with the trigger, if you still didn't solve it can you upload your map ?

Level 7
Could it be that you leveld Storm Bolt before the second time ?

And just a tip, in your wait you should use "Distance/Speed", so for example if your hammer's speed is 800 and the distance is 400, it would take 1/2 second.

A second tip is, that you should read the "Things That Leak" or any tutorial about leaks.

A 3rd tip is, that you should use Triggering Unit in any case you can.
It usually works better then the other things.

And since I can't really spot any critical problem with the trigger, if you still didn't solve it can you upload your map ?

For "wait":
Distance - ((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))
Speed - 700.00
so its: Wait ((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) / 700.00) seconds

I'm not really good at this trigger thing so map could be a little messy :grin:
Heres map

Attachments

• here is map.w3x
    94.2 KB · Views: 64
Level 29
For "wait":
Distance - ((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))
Speed - 700.00
so its: Wait ((Distance between (Position of (Casting unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) / 700.00) seconds

Haha lol sorry, I guess im in a great need of sleep ^^

Checking the map.

[Edit] ok in the other hand im really tired so ill check it tommarow.

Level 7
I don't know what have i done but its working. Don't worry about this anymore thanks for all your wasted time.

P.S. I'm REALLY SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST :/

Level 3
I thought the error was comming from the fact your ordering a unit to cast 2 spells at one time. I suggest you just get the units within 250 or whatever range and then do whatever you wanted thunderclap to do on them and just create a thunderclap SFX, wait 0.3 and remove it

Level 7
I thought the error was comming from the fact your ordering a unit to cast 2 spells at one time. I suggest you just get the units within 250 or whatever range and then do whatever you wanted thunderclap to do on them and just create a thunderclap SFX, wait 0.3 and remove it

Thx for trying help but i already made it and about your one unit cast 2 spells is wrong my idea was:
Mountain king uses storm bolt
wait until storm bolt hits target
create dummy at target give dummy thunder clap skill and order it to use it
create special effect lighting (moonsoon lighting from sky) and thunder clap effect (cannot see when dummy uses)

and all my problem was that i couldn't see special effects. But i made it don't know how but i made it :wgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.