• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Dummy Units Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Slow Time (Dummy Ability)
  • Actions
    • Cinematic - Disable user control for (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))
    • Advanced - Create a special effect circle around location (Position of (Triggering unit)) with radius 300.00 with 16 effects in total using model path Abilities\Weapons\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile.mdl and lasting 4.75 seconds
    • Unit - Add Storm Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Remove Storm Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
    • Wait 0.25 seconds
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 200.00 at 66.66
    • Wait 4.50 seconds
    • Advanced - Create a special effect circle around location (Position of (Triggering unit)) with radius 300.00 with 16 effects in total using model path Abilities\Weapons\FaerieDragonMissile\FaerieDragonMissile.mdl and lasting 0.50 seconds
    • Advanced - Create at Attach Point - Chest of (Casting unit) the Abilities\Weapons\Bolt\BoltImpact.mdl effect lasting 0.75 seconds
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 400.00
    • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s spell slam animation
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Add Slow Time (Actual Ability) to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
    • Sound - Play SlowTarget <gen> at 90.00% volume, located at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00
    • Cinematic - Enable user control for (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))
My dummy unit will not Cast Slow Time (Actual Ability) for some reason. Yes Slow Time is based on Thunder Clap, so that is why it is "Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap". I have the same problem with another ability, but I'm sure if I figure it out on this one it will help with the other as well.

Last edited:
Level 7
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
  • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Slow Time (Actual Ability) to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap

Well, I think that the problem is comming in those line... Since I never had any problem with my dummis making a spell.

But I'd like to know why you need this:
Unit - Add Slow Time (Actual Ability) to (Last created unit)

Your dummi don't have the spell by default? Cause I never gave the spell to my dummi via trigger and I say that MAYBE it's the error that make your dummi don't cast the spell... And BTW, I don't know if 1.50 second should be enough to ThunderClap, cause you have to know that there is a delay. I would put an expiration timer of 2.5 at your place. And I hope your problem will be solve ^^.

Level 18
It's always handy to atleast also put in the event, cause I can't even read the first line, since I don't know who the triggering unit is.

I added the events/conditions now. They were kinda easy to guess though lol

Well, I think that the problem is comming in those line... Since I never had any problem with my dummis making a spell.

But I'd like to know why you need this:
Unit - Add Slow Time (Actual Ability) to (Last created unit)

Your dummi don't have the spell by default? Cause I never gave the spell to my dummi via trigger and I say that MAYBE it's the error that make your dummi don't cast the spell... And BTW, I don't know if 1.50 second should be enough to ThunderClap, cause you have to know that there is a delay. I would put an expiration timer of 2.5 at your place. And I hope your problem will be solve ^^.

I followed Daelin's tutorial that teaches you to add the ability to the unit while in-game. Also, the expiration timer has nothing to do with it, because my other ability puts a 20second expiration timer on the unit (he has a longer lasting ability) and he doesn't begin to cast an ability either.

Last edited:
Level 15
Well, I think I know what the problem is:

*The only keep track of the caster for a certain time. Maybe your spell takes to long to cast

Or:

*If you are using two dummy abilitys based on the same ability the unit will cast both of them. So if you're having two dummy based on the same ability, it could be the problem

Level 18
I sent you a message about using trigger tags. And anyways, the only ability I give the dummy is Slow Time (Actual Ability). He also has the Locust ability but that's so he cannot be detected/selected in any way and has the none.mdl path for his unit model.

The problem is, the ability doesn't fire from the dummy- this happens in a completely different ability as well that I used a dummy unit in. Everything works perfectly until it comes time for the dummy to cast the ability he was given, and he wont. And yes Slow Time is based off of Thunder Clap. Thunder Clap takes 0.0 seconds to cast.

Level 10
I don't think units with the locust ability can really be given stuff even by triggers. I remember reading that somewhere. Basically if you use locust ability a lot of problems like this happen. (I'll see if I can find that thread when I get enough time)

Level 2
@operator
In the first post there are
but theres no triggertags
confusedg.gif

Level 7
OMG XD!

I love those problem. It's so funny when you try everything and you don't understand why it don't work and that, in the end, you look at a so simple thing like that and you say: OMG! It was only that! XD.

ROFLOL. Well, your spell work now?

Level 18
OMG XD!

I love those problem. It's so funny when you try everything and you don't understand why it don't work and that, in the end, you look at a so simple thing like that and you say: OMG! It was only that! XD.

Yes haha, that was ALL it took. So now my Stop Time is complete (It was Slow Time but now it stops completely). Now I just need to finish Frost Storm and wait for Tauren to finish Elemental Prison- then my map is almost complete :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
OMG XD!

I had the same problem some time ago, i used the action elapsed game time, instead of periodic time. Rofl, couldnt understand why it didnt work
gring.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.