• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Problem with dummy-unit not spawning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The trigger is meant to fire off like this:
When the ability is cast, the target's health drains for 10 seconds or until it dies. When the unit dies, every unit in a 200 radius is damaged for 1/10th the caster's current mana.
Now, that's all done, but there are 2 things that I can't do:

one: make it only damage enemies

two: give the "explosion" an effect.

My dummy for this is called "dummy explosion", and the trigger looks like this:

Events:
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

Conditions:
(Ability being cast) Equal to Ignition

Actions:
Wait until (((Target unit of ability being cast) is dead) Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
Unit - Create 1 dummy explosion for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Casting unit)) of type dummy explosion) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)

For some reason the dummy won't even spawn. Any ideas?

Level 3
This got me earlier (I think its the same problem)

It seems "casting unit" doesnt like to hang around through wait commands, I was able to fix mine by setting it to a variable at the top of my function.

First thing, don't triple post. Use the edit button. Second thing, use
  • tags. They help.
  • Search in the tutorial section for stuff about variables.
  • To pick only enemy units add an If - Then - Else under the group thing and add a "(Picked Unit is an ally of Casting Unit) equal to False" or something like that.
  • As for the special effect you just use the Special Effect stuff.
  • I also highly suggest you look up a tutorial about "leaks". Your trigger leaks like crazy at the moment, which is a very bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.