• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is there so much hate of the good ol' US of A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Reading the Russia vs Georgia thread made me realise how much anti-american attitude there was. Why are ppl angery that they invaded Iraq? Chill PPl. BTW Im Canadian.

OH BTW ppl need to stop reporting posts unless there some real shit goin on there (im talking about the russia vs georgia and the first report)... Guess ppl dont go to school and get cocky when they talk over the net... Snitches get stitches, cool saying eh?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The fact remains that america invaded iraq without a reason and turned a not so nice but stable country into a dangerous instable hell hole. With all the money they spent on the war they could have ended world hunger which says a lot.

Also they have no sense of ecology. They are making nearly no effort to cut carbon emmisions and have failed to meet any of their reduction targets by miles. We all breath the same air that they do, thus everyone diserves clean air. Although this applys to china as well, atleast china has the excuse of it being a developing country as apposed to america which is meant to be one of the most developed countrys in the world.

Level 21
Who's America to say Georgia should remain one? They were the ones that approved the independence of Kosovo back then, while the Russians were against it.

America needs to stop dictating everyone what's good and what's not as long as they
- care not about ecology
- care little about economy
- care not about any social structure, something that is currently making full medical care unavailable for, say, 75% of America

I'm not focussing on Americans in general. Not at all. Such things depend from person to person and should remain private business. It's the general attitude of knowing everything better and the attitude of dictating the world what to believe or do, that is annoying me.

Level 19
I'm in the US and I hate the US.

Reasons:
-Poor Leaders/Leadership
-Poor Decisions (Leadership Issue)
-Poor Government Spending
-Idiotic Warfare
-Horrible Diplomatic Affairs and Policy
-Raping the worlds' culture
-Intolerant of other cultures
-I hate how the leaders state that this is a Christian country, when it is supposed to be a free country. Most of the main founders were bootists (The education system is the reason I can't spell it :D), atheists, agnostics, and other non-Christian religions as well.

Level 27
Racism exists everywhere. Not to mention we have been known for being a melting pot of cultures. Just because random insult fads started by 12 year olds grow and diminish doesn't mean the whole country is racist. Hell, saying that as an entire country we are racist is a racist statement.
-I hate how the leaders state that this is a Christian country, when it is supposed to be a free country. Most of the main founders were bootists (The education system is the reason I can't spell it :D), atheists, agnostics, and other non-Christian religions as well.
We are a free country. Usually, when they say that, they're talking about the main religion, which is indeed Christianity. And also, this country even exists mainly because of Puritanism (especially New England, which is where most of the radical thinkers like the founding fathers originated from).
The rest of your points, however, I can more or less agree with. The war was a retarded idea, and the fact that we went into debt, and this war is not helping, is a good sign of how poorly we are managing an economy.
--donut3.5--

Level 13
Please spam this thread with anti-USA and anti-Russia propaganda, we didn't have enough in the Russia - Georgia thread! [/sarcasm]
All countries are dumb in their own way, America is targeted first because it's a notable country in international affairs.
Anyways, I find it amusing that you complain about America being the target of negative propaganda when it's Russia the one who is getting blamed for the Ossetian Crisis.

Level 36
It's the anti-US propaganda bullshit if you ask me. It seems nearly everyone in Europe thinks that Americans are stupid, fat, and slow moving. It's like they think that they're some sort of higher-evolved beings.

BULLSHIT.

I'm effing Canadian, and I guess it's because I travel to the States quite a bit, but Americans are people... some are fat, some (like Michael Phelps) are among the greatest atheletes in the world. Some are stupid, and some are the world's greatest minds. And lets face it, entertainment EXISTS because of the United States. Hollywood, the entire movie industry, all because of America.

The American people should not at all be blamed for the way their country is represented on a world scale. They hate it just as much as you do.

Level 34

Reasons:
-Poor Leaders/Leadership
-Idiotic Warfare
Uhh, you have a poor sense of freedom.

Also the founders of the United States were largely Christian. Education system? Catholics were a large reason we have our education system today. The Church funded many schools, and nuns and priests taught the children.

Level 34
You have a poor knowledge of the history and background of our founding fathers, Gilles. It's the way they loosely use the word that irritates me, anyway.
Yes and no. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I know enough to know that Christianity was the founding religion for America. I looked up what Founding Fathers were Christian and which weren't.

Level 14
This thread is so full of fail it's not even funny.

The fact remains that america invaded iraq without a reason and turned a not so nice but stable country into a dangerous instable hell hole. With all the money they spent on the war they could have ended world hunger which says a lot.

1.) The reasons were WMD's.
2.) The country was not stable. To say it was, is absolutely retarded.
3.) You know that the U.S. pays most of the money in the world for hunger relief and disaster relief? It's something like 1/3 of all the aid in the world is from the US. Oops.

Also they have no sense of ecology. They are making nearly no effort to cut carbon emmisions and have failed to meet any of their reduction targets by miles. We all breath the same air that they do, thus everyone diserves clean air. Although this applys to china as well, atleast china has the excuse of it being a developing country as apposed to america which is meant to be one of the most developed countrys in the world.

Oh no! Clean emissions! Eat me. Yeah we've missed targets but we're still cleaner than the largest nations in the world. Your one or two "points" are easily refuted by facts.

Who's America to say Georgia should remain one? They were the ones that approved the independence of Kosovo back then, while the Russians were against it.

Russia didn't recognize South Ossetia as an independant nation either. So oh well.

America needs to stop dictating everyone what's good and what's not as long as they
- care not about ecology
- care little about economy
- care not about any social structure, something that is currently making full medical care unavailable for, say, 75% of America

Oh yeah cause the world controlled by Europe was so great. Oops, forgot about the Inquisition, and two world wars, and every other disaster within the past 2000 years.

I'm not focussing on Americans in general. Not at all. Such things depend from person to person and should remain private business. It's the general attitude of knowing everything better and the attitude of dictating the world what to believe or do, that is annoying me.

I agree with that.

Reasons:
-Poor Leaders/Leadership
-Idiotic Warfare

Fail. There's nothing to say about that other than: fail.

Oh also, remember when Europe was controlled by the Church for 900 years?

Oh also, remember when most of the Founding Fathers were Christian?

We are a free country. Usually, when they say that, they're talking about the main religion, which is indeed Christianity. And also, this country even exists mainly because of Puritanism (especially New England, which is where most of the radical thinkers like the founding fathers originated from).

Agreed.

The rest of your points, however, I can more or less agree with. The war was a retarded idea, and the fact that we went into debt, and this war is not helping, is a good sign of how poorly we are managing an economy.
--donut3.5--

The war was not the fact we went into debt. We were already in debt before the war. It didn't help, but it wasn't the cause.

Please spam this thread with anti-USA and anti-Russia propaganda, we didn't have enough in the Russia - Georgia thread! [/sarcasm]
All countries are dumb in their own way, America is targeted first because it's a notable country in international affairs.

Yay!

Anyways, I find it amusing that you complain about America being the target of negative propaganda when it's Russia the one who is getting blamed for the Ossetian Crisis.

Oh boohoo, Russia gets bad press for invading a country 1/100th it's size!

I wonder why that is?

It's the anti-US propaganda bullshit if you ask me. It seems nearly everyone in Europe thinks that Americans are stupid, fat, and slow moving. It's like they think that they're some sort of higher-evolved beings.

BULLSHIT.

There are fat, stupid, slow moving people in every country. To blame America of being the only one is retarded. Brad is right, as usual.

I'm effing Canadian, and I guess it's because I travel to the States quite a bit, but Americans are people... some are fat, some (like Michael Phelps) are among the greatest atheletes in the world. Some are stupid, and some are the world's greatest minds. And lets face it, entertainment EXISTS because of the United States. Hollywood, the entire movie industry, all because of America.

The American people should not at all be blamed for the way their country is represented on a world scale. They hate it just as much as you do.

Agreed. Hey, I have a question. Who are your (anyone) favorite bands? actors? Yeah. 'Nuff said.

You have a poor knowledge of the history and background of our founding fathers, Gilles. It's the way they loosely use the word that irritates me, anyway.

You have an even worse knowledge of history. Most of them were Christian.

Loosely use what word?

One reason the US is hated so much is because it is a country built over stolen land, they have no reason to have the attitude they do, they act as if they are gods compared to the rest of us and of course, they don't even realise that they almost destroyed an entire race to build their country.

Bullshit.

Who colonized "the New World"? It wasn't Americans. There was no such thing as Americans. It was Europeans.

Oh.. almost destroying an entire race to build their country.. sounds familiar.. I can't think of where though.. hmm...

Also, The Roman Empire was built on "stolen land," should we not teach about Rome because of that? Oh what about the Mongolians? Oh the Chinese? or Indians (not Native Americans), or the Japanese, or the Korean, or the Vietnamese, or the French, or the British?

Should I hate Britain for conquering Wales? or Ireland? or Scotland? and subjugating it's people and forcing them under their rule?

Do we get to piss on Australia too?
--donut3.5--

My point exactly.

The End. Close this now. It sucks and cannot, or will not, have a good ending.

Level 27
1.) The reasons were WMD's.
Which didn't exist.
There was no such thing as Americans.
Technically Indians. However, 'Americans' in the 1600's and 1700's were a distinct group. While of British origin, they were mostly Puritans upset by the English Church, and decided it needed reforms. 'Americans' back then weren't the same as the British.
The war was not the fact we went into debt. We were already in debt before the war. It didn't help, but it wasn't the cause.
Well, I didn't say that, but I know that if we didn't go into the war, the debt would be a lot lighter, if not resolved.
--donut3.5--

Level 14
Which didn't exist.

I didn't say they existed. Just said it was the reason. :p

Technically Indians. However, 'Americans' in the 1600's and 1700's were a distinct group. While of British origin, they were mostly Puritans upset by the English Church, and decided it needed reforms. 'Americans' back then weren't the same as the British.

Well, this can go any which way. Some people think that Indians weren't native to America. I was primarily talking about the European colonization though, and the fact that no one used the term Americans, until much later. That's all :)

Everyone migrates from somewhere.

Well, I didn't say that, but I know that if we didn't go into the war, the debt would be a lot lighter, if not resolved.
--donut3.5--

Possibly, but it might not have. We'll never know. There's no use speculating, leave that to politicians :p

Level 19
The founding fathers wanted to include a mass of different (free) beliefs in the USA. And them saying it is a Christian country is like defecating on their tombstones. They are wanting to subject you to a single set of religious beliefs, on political television and the education system. They should teach about all religions, separation of church and state still exists and hasn't been solved (Utah; Seminary Class), and we can help control the Islams by allowing them to be embraced. We should allow the US people to know who they're even at war with, really, the country is on the brink of anarchy.

Level 27
Read please.
We do have free beliefs, very few states haven't separated church and state. However, most of the mindset in America is Christian dominant, and it is reflected. Just as if we had Islamic culture dominant here, it would reflect that (in elections, people would care more about Islamic views).
--donut3.5--

Bullshit.

Who colonized "the New World"? It wasn't Americans. There was no such thing as Americans. It was Europeans.

Oh.. almost destroying an entire race to build their country.. sounds familiar.. I can't think of where though.. hmm...

Also, The Roman Empire was built on "stolen land," should we not teach about Rome because of that? Oh what about the Mongolians? Oh the Chinese? or Indians (not Native Americans), or the Japanese, or the Korean, or the Vietnamese, or the French, or the British?

Should I hate Britain for conquering Wales? or Ireland? or Scotland? and subjugating it's people and forcing them under their rule?

My point exactly.

The End. Close this now. It sucks and cannot, or will not, have a good ending.

Don't push me. Unlike you, I see that America is an ill-founded nation. One on stolen land, I don't care about what other cultures did at this time, but this is MY peoples' land, stolen from us. Our men were killed, our women raped, our children forced into christianity by priests and other supremist scum. I simply want that damnable country to pay for what it did to MY people to accomplish IT'S goal. It's like if someone burnt down your house, raped your sister & mother then killed your dog and built a grotty little shack over your old property, I don't think you'd want some fat, greasy slobs ruining what used to be yours.

Level 37
Hmm... there are some good reasons to hate USA. I will give you few. Try to criticsm these arguments and don't start to whine.
- Attacking other countries.
- Try to be somekind of police of the world.
- Their army bases are all over the world. They should stay in their country.
- Too patriotic.
- Try to give "democracy" to everyone but the country itself have only two "party" which is not really democracy. There should be at least four in my opinion(look some European countries, Finland or Sweden for example).
- The country is all about the money. Rich are rich and poor are poor.
- When they are travelling they are arrogant to people where they traveller(well, all countries have this aswell, but Americans especially).

What do you think?

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Well, I'm not going to make any statements or anything, I'm just going to tell you a little something, don't know how true it is.
The sister of a good friend of mine studied psychology in Germany and USA and now she's doing her PHD in the US. And for it, she has to interview quite a few people, but I don't know what she's actually looking for. Anyway, one of those people was a US soldier freshly returned from Iraq. And he told her that they teach them that the entire middle east and eastern Europe are still comunists, that we don't have electricity or paved roads and we don't have any cities, just villages scattered all over, etc...He and his companions strongly believed that they fight in Iraq to destroy communism...He was absolutely stunned when she told him that we actually do have electricity, that we're not communist for quite some time and that we do actually have cities...he couldn't believe it.
So yeah, I don't know he was actually a moron and not every soldier is like that, or if it actually applies to all of them. I don't know, just saying what my buddy told me.

Level 4
its those overly conservative and nationalistic christian republicans that I hate in US the rest is good

a lot of times they seem to be anti-muslim
anti-homosexual

pretty much like the guy who started this thread( I know him from another forums)

Level 21
Russia didn't recognize South Ossetia as an independant nation either. So oh well.
Oh, I'm not gonna praise Russia here either... but it's so damn retarded to blame Russia when the USA, together with some fools in Europe did the exact same thing with Kosovo.

Oh yeah cause the world controlled by Europe was so great. Oops, forgot about the Inquisition, and two world wars, and every other disaster within the past 2000 years.
Total random bullshit answer. We're not talking about the inquisition here, we're talking about contemporary problems... Or are you gonna shoot every jew you encounter cause they killed christ? Really... stay on-topic and don't go bullshitting if you don't know a valid answer to my valid point.
But if you insist on following your "great" analogy: I never heard the nazi's complain about America extinguishing the whole native population back when they were killing jews... I don't hear the vatican blame the USA for its nearly inquisitorian actions in some parts of the USA (and then I'm not even talking yet about the native population)...
Why? Because it's been done and been condemned by any sane minded person, and said to be an action of individuals where no country as a whole is to blame. But no, good ol' US knows better when they invaded Afghanistan, when they invaded Iraq, with the Georgian conflict and most certainly too when they invade Iran...

Sure, every country has its problems, but that's not the point. I'm blaming the hypocrisy of the USA to tell other countries what they're doing wrong... I mean, look at the 3 points I mentioned, look at the fact they invaded 2 countries the past 5 years and are most certainly not scared from invading Iran as well. Stay the fuck out of other people's cultures if you don't know them.

I didn't say they existed. Just said it was the reason. :p

Ohoho, nice reason to invade other countries. Has the country many natural resources or it has important strategic location? Just say they have WMD and invade them to steal resources. And then you call other people here stupid....

And country (Iraq) was perfectly stable. Is the invasion that ruined the stability.

Oh no! Clean emissions! Eat me. Yeah we've missed targets but we're still cleaner than the largest nations in the world. Your one or two "points" are easily refuted by facts.

China and India have much more population than USA, so they will of course pollute more. And China only recently reached USA.

They did.

Oh boohoo, Russia gets bad press for invading a country 1/100th it's size!

I wonder why that is?

Haha, an American accusing other countries invading other weaker countries.

Agreed. Hey, I have a question. Who are your (anyone) favorite bands? actors? Yeah. 'Nuff said.

Band: German
Actor: Spanish

Level 13
Band: Canadian.
Actor: None.
By the way, what does this have to do with the topic? If a many europeans like a couple of american actors it doesn't mean we should allow America whatever they please... or any other country, of course.
The point is that America produces more garbagge per capita than any other country. America and China produce pollution at a similar rate, but comparing the 302.688.000 american citizens and the 1.313.973.713 chinese citizens tells us that a standart american citizen produces the same amount of garbagge as 4,34 chinese citizens. Interesting numbers, huh?

Level 17
Ohoho, nice reason to invade other countries. Has the country many natural resources or it has important strategic location? Just say they have WMD and invade them to steal resources. And then you call other people here stupid....

And country (Iraq) was perfectly stable. Is the invasion that ruined the stability.
Thats just fucking hilarious of you to say that. What about the dictator who was butchering hundreds of innocents, seperating the country because of 2 sub reiligions and attempting to invade its bordering countries on 3 fucking seperate occasions in the same decade?

It was never stable. You trade one villain for another.

Level 37
Steel_Stallion said:
Thats just fucking hilarious of you to say that. What about the dictator who was butchering hundreds of innocents, seperating the country because of 2 sub reiligions and attempting to invade its bordering countries on 3 fucking seperate occasions in the same decade?
Hmmm... It might be even better to have this, than making one huge country to be totally chaos like it is currently. A lot more people die because of the war than in butchering. You have to remember that in time, Saddam would stop to be the leader.

Level 19
Well, I'm not going to make any statements or anything, I'm just going to tell you a little something, don't know how true it is.
The sister of a good friend of mine studied psychology in Germany and USA and now she's doing her PHD in the US. And for it, she has to interview quite a few people, but I don't know what she's actually looking for. Anyway, one of those people was a US soldier freshly returned from Iraq. And he told her that they teach them that the entire middle east and eastern Europe are still comunists, that we don't have electricity or paved roads and we don't have any cities, just villages scattered all over, etc...He and his companions strongly believed that they fight in Iraq to destroy communism...He was absolutely stunned when she told him that we actually do have electricity, that we're not communist for quite some time and that we do actually have cities...he couldn't believe it.
So yeah, I don't know he was actually a moron and not every soldier is like that, or if it actually applies to all of them. I don't know, just saying what my buddy told me.

Are you sure the soldier wasn't just messing with her? That sounds like a sick practical joke to me. If a soldier really had no idea that they were occupying the area to make it safe for future democratic government he was seriously ill.

Level 27
Don't push me. Unlike you, I see that America is an ill-founded nation. One on stolen land, I don't care about what other cultures did at this time, but this is MY peoples' land, stolen from us. Our men were killed, our women raped, our children forced into christianity by priests and other supremist scum. I simply want that damnable country to pay for what it did to MY people to accomplish IT'S goal. It's like if someone burnt down your house, raped your sister & mother then killed your dog and built a grotty little shack over your old property, I don't think you'd want some fat, greasy slobs ruining what used to be yours.
This was probably the most ignorant post in this entire thread.
1.)America was not founded under the principles to rape, burn, and murder. Maybe the people about 100-200 years ago did that (then with some in Manifest Destiny)
2.)Many, many, many countries have expanded over war. Hell, don't tell me "your people" didn't have brutal wars ever in their history. Just because it was "your people" that got killed doesn't mean you have to have a personal vendetta. I'm Japanese, I don't have to hate every American because we were nuked. Does a Jew have to hate a German? Does a African, Indian, and Chinese have to hate a British person? No. Know why? The acts were done by completely different people at a completely different time than today. Name the last time I personally raped and killed your family. Can't do it? Good.
Hell, name the last time your family was killed and raped by any of us "fat, greasy slobs". Times have changed. There's no point in holding a personal vendetta; you didn't even experience it.
I am not saying it wasn't wrong, I'm just saying holding this kind of a grudge for something about 400 years ago, something you, nor your parents, nor their parents, and probably a lot more generations of you, haven't experienced, is completely ridiculous.
3.)Not to mention, the "fat, greasy slobs" part is COMPLETELY racist. Before you try and justify your racism with the racism projected by some people in our country, "two wrongs never make a right".
--donut3.5--

Level 17
Hmmm... It might be even better to have this, than making one huge country to be totally chaos like it is currently. A lot more people die because of the war than in butchering. You have to remember that in time, Saddam would stop to be the leader.
It was never stable. You trade one villain for another.
You dont know how bad things were do you? Please dont mention it unless you know what your talking about.

And the results arent my point, its the princaple. Its a motive to have stopped that insane tyrant, although I have reasons to doubt thats the REAL reason the US invaded, just the "Media cover". Like WMD's

The difference here is, the WMD's didnt exist.

Saddam did exist. And his threat was very real

OT: (777 posts lawl)

Level 17
Geez, so many Americans over here...

Just kidding... I like America, but just like how I love my parents, I should just stay with my nation no matter what. Even if it means missing out all those PS3 games, NBA games, SATELLITE TV (WOW!)...

I find America a good place, not easy but good... But, they're are just too many people who are spoiled of America, you'll hate them...

Level 13
Not exactly correct. WWII started nearly for the same reason as WWI: European countries where producing to many weapons and an acumulating political friction between them, which lead to a passive hate situation that only needed a "spark" to ignite. In WWI it was the murder of Franz Ferdinand, in WWII it was Hitler's ideology.

Level 27
Well, the true cause of why an entire war of that scale erupted was really due to appeasement. However, if you break it down, all things basically come down to a German painter with an abusive father, a passed mother, and one testicles.
Yeah, you are right. But was Saddam so powerful?
They're both dictators of a country. I think the word you're looking for is aggressive, and no, Saddam didn't ever do any taking over of Poland, admittedly.
--donut3.5--

Level 21
Not exactly correct. WWII started nearly for the same reason as WWI: European countries where producing to many weapons and an acumulating political friction between them, which lead to a passive hate situation that only needed a "spark" to ignite. In WWI it was the murder of Franz Ferdinand, in WWII it was Hitler's ideology.

Not exactly correct. Saying WWI started because of the murder of Ferdinand is like saying the war in Iraq started because of WMD's. It's the perfect excuse, but it's not the cause. It could be seen as the straw that broke the camel's back.
The real reasons were many international struggles, such as the one between germany and france that actually humiliated france.
WWII started not only because of Hitler's ideology, but mainly because of the ridiculous punishment germany was given after WWI. They would still be in heavy depts right now, 90 years after the end of WWI, if there never was a WW II.

Hitler's party managed to get 90% of the votes in, '39? Don't remember the exact year. Anyway, you can't believe 90% of the german population back then wanted to exterminate a whole race, let alone start another world war, something everyone wanted to avoid after the mess of WWI. Still, it happened. Not because of the nazi ideology, but because of Germany's guilts, and the fact that Hitler did manage to raise germany out of its ruins like a phoenix would.

Level 24
Do native South Americans cry to Spain so much? Do native Australians cry so much? Do the Chinese in Hong Kong cry to Britain so much? Black people don't even cry this fucking much, and they get a lot more media attention than Native Americans. Get the fuck over it. Every single modern American knows that what happened was wrong, and not only did contemporary Americans not even fucking exist when it happened, but what's done is fucking done.

- Too patriotic.
There is no such thing as too patriotic. It's possible to express patriotism in a bad way, but that doesn't need a large amount of patriotism.

- Try to give "democracy" to everyone but the country itself have only two "party" which is not really democracy. There should be at least four in my opinion(look some European countries, Finland or Sweden for example).
That is a problem with the American government, not the American people.

- The country is all about the money. Rich are rich and poor are poor.
Cats are cats and dogs are dogs. The entire world has that problem, and the entire world runs on money. Yes America is full of problems, but so fucking what? It solves many more problems than it creates, and the rest of the world needs America. No, not because they saved your European asses in WWII. Because America is the largest country with the mentality that sometimes you need to take that fucking initiative, because enough is enough. You fucks that are all complaining about how Saddam obviously didn't have WMDs need to know a few things: Saddam used WMDs on his own fucking people in the first Gulf War (unless the Kurds he gassed weren't his own people, or if lethal nerve gas or w/e isn't a WMD), and it wasn't just the US that was upset with Saddam prior to the US occupancy. He wasn't allowing unannounced U.N. inspections of his facilities, which is suspicious enough on its own. And wasn't he quoted after he was captured that he wanted people thinking he still had WMDs so Syria or something wouldn't invade. He obviously fucked up big-time on that, but he obviously was trying to make it look like he had WMDs.

- When they are travelling they are arrogant to people where they traveller(well, all countries have this aswell, but Americans especially).
You're kidding, right? The people with both the money and will to travel are raised to be polite. The rude people are the ones that get sent or dragged along.

What do you think?
I think most of the people in this thread should stop being propaganda-fed fuckheads and learn to differentiate between politicians and people. Seriously.

At any rate, how the hell is this shithole not closed yet? It was an anti-America magnet from the first post.

Level 37
Teh_Ephy said:
There is no such thing as too patriotic. It's possible to express patriotism in a bad way, but that doesn't need a large amount of patriotism.
Well, at least my vocabulary says so. :D
Here we go then: # jingoistic, # patriotic, # patriotic, # true blue
And yeah, USA do that too much. For example, everytime I watch somekind of "talk show" from USA I hear they are yelling that "USA, USA, USA"... I just hate that!

Teh_Ephy said:
That is a problem with the American government, not the American people.
American goverment, ehh? Well the democracy is that people of the country chooses their leaders. So it's about American people after all. :D

Teh_Ephy said:
Cats are cats and dogs are dogs.
I agree!

Teh_Ephy said:
No, not because they saved your European asses in WWII.
Ok, that's ridiculous. You were a small part of the whole war. Well, you were great fightning against Japan but you were a minor part of the war in Europe. All thanks goes to England and Russian who won the war and gave justice.

Teh_Ephy said:
Because America is the largest country with the mentality that sometimes you need to take that fucking initiative, because enough is enough.
Hmm... mentality is like wise country? Well, I don't think your country is so wise. The country you are living in is the most debt-ridden currently.

Teh_Ephy said:
You fucks that are all complaining about how Saddam obviously didn't have WMDs need to know a few things: Saddam used WMDs on his own fucking people in the first Gulf War (unless the Kurds he gassed weren't his own people, or if lethal nerve gas or w/e isn't a WMD), and it wasn't just the US that was upset with Saddam prior to the US occupancy.
Actually, there were not found any WMDs(so it was a lie!). :D

Teh_Ephy said:
At any rate, how the hell is this shithole not closed yet? It was an anti-America magnet from the first post.
Can't you take any criticsm? Send me some!

Level 14
Ah fuck it, it's more fun to argue :)

It's like if someone burnt down your house, raped your sister & mother then killed your dog and built a grotty little shack over your old property, I don't think you'd want some fat, greasy slobs ruining what used to be yours.

Oh you mean like the Romans did to all of Europe? Or like the Germans did to all of Europe? Or like Mongols did to the Chinese? Or like the Crusader armies did to the Holy Land?

The list goes on and on and on. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it didn't affect other people.

No one denies that American did that, but it was hardly the first and is not the last.

To say that you're talking about "contemporary" Americans is absolute stupidity.

Really... stay on-topic and don't go bullshitting if you don't know a valid answer to my valid point.

Make a valid point and I'll respond to it D:

Wrong.

They did.

Wrong.

Haha, an American accusing other countries invading other weaker countries.

Wrong.

Band: German
Actor: Spanish

Out of Curiosity, what kind of genre is the band? Rock? Indie? Techno?

WWII started because of Hitler..
--donut3.5--

Actually WWII started because of the tight economic/political/military pressure that was put on Germany after the war. They were struggling to get by, in their own Depression Era, when here comes Hitler who talks of reuniting all Germans and being "superior."

Actually, the country is becoming more stable and there are less deaths everyday, than Los Angeles or New York, if I remember correctly.

Also, Saddam would have kept power until he was dying, kinda like Castro.

Waiting till then may have been a more prudent answer, or not. Again that's speculation.

I find America a good place, not easy but good... But, they're are just too many people who are spoiled of America, you'll hate them...

Like rich spoiled brats in every country D:

Why? Cause many Americans are being so boastful about being a super power and all of that... Who gives a crap about that? Go ahead, nuke my nation, then make some kind of "logical" explanation... So what?

Tell me where you live and I'll find a reason :D

its those overly conservative and nationalistic christian republicans that I hate in US the rest is good

a lot of times they seem to be anti-muslim
anti-homosexual

pretty much like the guy who started this thread( I know him from another forums)

That's a very small minority of people, and those types of people can be found anywhere. Europe, Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Australia. Have I forgotten any? (except Antarctica.)

For example, everytime I watch somekind of "talk show" from USA I hear they are yelling that "USA, USA, USA"... I just hate that!

Oh you mean like at European soccer games?

Ok, that's ridiculous. You were a small part of the whole war. Well, you were great fightning against Japan but you were a minor part of the war in Europe. All thanks goes to England and Russian who won the war and gave justice.

That's absolutely wrong. American and British forces liberated Italy, the Allies (Primarily America, Britain, and Canada, with the French Resistance) liberated France and pushed into Germany's left.

I would love to see a Russian or a Brit take all the credit for WWII, because I'd just laugh in their face.

Oh Also, The Supreme Allied Commander was American. Dwight D. Eisenhower, who also went on to be President. So don't try to minimize anyone's contributions.

SATELLITE TV (WOW!)...

Satellite sucks :D

Get Cable.

Listen, no country is perfect, and America is far from perfect.

If you people (anyone) spent half the time that you do complaining about America, to actually fix your own countries, then maybe you wouldn't have to worry about the US.

But oh well.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
America was a nice country while under President Clinton. I and my family had near no hatred for it at all and even concidered trying to live there. But under gorge bush, no one who is sane would want to be part of a country being as usless and destructive as america.

They failed to help their own citizens in times of needed (cube ended up helping american citizens more than america). This was seen in the New Orleans where george bush did shit all to save his people there and no government help was provided to refund people's lost possessions. Infact it leaked out somewhere that the people encharge delighbertly did not help the people left behind for racist and class based reasons. That hardly seems like a democracy that cares for anyone.

Personally I have nothing against a lot of the people who live in America, as with all places you do find nice people but its purly their national policies I do not like.

Also, if America decided to spend half its weapons budget on actually going green, it could easilly reduce its emmisions by 25% or more while still encouraging growth.

Instead they have a millatry budget that does not make sense, its size is over twice the total revenue of the U.K.. Ofcourse I am not saying they should not have one, but by reducing it by 25%, they could drastically modernise a lot of the infrustructure in the USA or even develop whole developing countries. There is no arguing that that money would be more productive spent elsewhere.

America is not rich, it says it is to the world but infact it is horriably in debt. They have spent so much recently that they have actually no money to spair and will soon run up a bill the size of brazil. However as they controle the world economy, no one calls in that debt as it would damage them as bad if not worse. Thus america should cut another 25% from its millatry budget just to help give it money by paying off what it owes.

Ofcourse here in the U.K. there are our own problems with the government being usless and stupid, but most countries do. However unless America wisens up and actually improves both economically and politically, they may no longer be the most powerful country in the world.

China is already earning itself a better image than America. As apposed to New Orleans where shit all help was given by America to its people, China sent a lot of help to the victims of the earthquake which did about as much damage.

Level 37
Arvedu said:
Ah fuck it, it's more fun to argue :)
Oh noes, Arvedui is striking again! With a long, long and long text!

Arvedu said:
Actually, the country is becoming more stable and there are less deaths everyday, than Los Angeles or New York, if I remember correctly.
That is true. Finally. But many, many people have died.

Arvedu said:
Also, Saddam would have kept power until he was dying, kinda like Castro.
We never know! He could become a good one! Well okay, I won't believe that either. :D

Arvedu said:
Oh you mean like at European soccer games?
Hmm... they do also, but more likely they yell for their favorite teams, not their country. Not as much as USA. Btw, It's football!

Arvedu said:
That's absolutely wrong. American and British forces liberated Italy, the Allies (Primarily America, Britain, and Canada, with the French Resistance) liberated France and pushed into Germany's left.
That is correct also. But this was at happened end of the war. War lasted years. It's always easy to be leader, even if you have fought just a little time.

Arvedu said:
I would love to see a Russian or a Brit take all the credit for WWII, because I'd just laugh in their face.
Before you start to laugh their face, look this.
Country Military Civilian Deaths
USSR 13,600,000 7,700,000 21,300,000
China 1,324,000 10,000,000 11,324,000
Germany 3,250,000 3,810,000 7,060,000
Poland 850,000 6,000,000 6,850,000
United States 500,000 - 500,000
Italy 330,000 80,000 410,000

You see? USA only have 500,000 deaths. USSR have 21,300,000 deaths. There's a big difference. This shows who have really invest to the war(also remember to check who has the biggest army!).

Level 14
America was a nice country while under President Clinton. I and my family had near no hatred for it at all and even concidered trying to live there. But under gorge bush, no one who is sane would want to be part of a country being as usless and destructive as america.

Oh really? What did Clinton do? You know, other than raise taxes.

Also, (not at you DSG) I laugh when people call Republicans anti-homosexual, but it was Clinton who instated the Don't Ask - Don't Tell policy

They failed to help their own citizens in times of needed (cube ended up helping american citizens more than america). This was seen in the New Orleans where george bush did shit all to save his people there and no government help was provided to refund people's lost possessions. Infact it leaked out somewhere that the people encharge delighbertly did not help the people left behind for racist and class based reasons. That hardly seems like a democracy that cares for anyone.

I agree that we shouldn't help other people anymore. Focus on helping Americans. But none of what you said is true. For the Federal Government, at least. I don't know about the State Government.

All the Federally Funded programs that were used during Katrina worked exactly as they were supposed to. It's Disaster Relief not Disaster Rescue for a reason.

The state government made mistakes, though. And there's no denying that.

Also, if America decided to spend half its weapons budget on actually going green, it could easilly reduce its emmisions by 25% or more while still encouraging growth.

Why would we "go green?"

Global Warming is fake. Actual scientific fact refutes Global Warming, or at least the version that jackasses like Al Gore spew out of their mouths.

Will the Earth warm eventually? Yes. Is it going to kill us all in 15 years? No.

Instead they have a millatry budget that does not make sense, its size is over twice the total revenue of the U.K.. Ofcourse I am not saying they should not have one, but by reducing it by 25%, they could drastically modernise a lot of the infrustructure in the USA or even develop whole developing countries. There is no arguing that that money would be more productive spent elsewhere.

Well, there are several ways to cut budget. Infact, the military is usually the first thing that's cut. Several bases around the country were shut down and merged with others to cut costs.

By cutting down the Military by 25%, it would cripple the American military.

There are other, and better ways to balance the budget. Such as, stop sending so much aid around the world, cut funding to bad programs, cut spending, cut taxes, etc.

The military is a very small portion of that.

America is not rich, it says it is to the world but infact it is horriably in debt. They have spent so much recently that they have actually no money to spair and will soon run up a bill the size of brazil. However as they controle the world economy, no one calls in that debt as it would damage them as bad if not worse. Thus america should cut another 25% from its millatry budget just to help give it money by paying off what it owes.

America is in debt, but there are other ways to fix it. Read above D:

Ofcourse here in the U.K. there are our own problems with the government being usless and stupid, but most countries do. However unless America wisens up and actually improves both economically and politically, they may no longer be the most powerful country in the world.

We're not anymore.

China is already earning itself a better image than America. As apposed to New Orleans where shit all help was given by America to its people, China sent a lot of help to the victims of the earthquake which did about as much damage.

Economically yes. Socially, maybe. Practically, no.

Oh noes, Arvedui is striking again! With a long, long and long text!

Sorry D:

Hmm... they do also, but more likely they yell for their favorite teams, not their country. Not as much as USA. Btw, It's football!

Favorite teams, of their country, correct? Thus they are rooting for their country. Soccer. :D

I do believe that you're watching the wrong shows. Not once have I seen a TV show have people chanting "USA" other than the WWE but that's just the genre. I've actually seen more Soccer games that have that happen (for other countries of course).

Before you start to laugh their face, look this.
Country Military Civilian Deaths
USSR 13,600,000 7,700,000 21,300,000
China 1,324,000 10,000,000 11,324,000
Germany 3,250,000 3,810,000 7,060,000
Poland 850,000 6,000,000 6,850,000
United States 500,000 - 500,000
Italy 330,000 80,000 410,000

Yeah, and? We weren't invaded, Russia was. England was Bombed. Poland was conquered, France was conquered. Japan invaded China.

All those places were either invaded or held back at some point.

Also, there is no denying the fact that once the US got involved the war turned for the better (for the Allies). Yes it was late, but we were trying to be neutral, which failed. Also happened in WWI, too, actually.

Could the Russians have done it by themselves? Maybe? No? I don't know, or care.

No, one, country did it by themselves. Hence the term, Allies.

EDIT: Fix my name on your quotes! :D

Level 6
Actually, I am not against USA... Never was and don't know any reason why. But it's a fact that most communist countries (including russia, though it isn't communist in paper), such as china will allways hate "the evil capitalists". And I don't really see anyone else hating USA, only Communists :). And, ofcourse, nazi's whom all countries have.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
America has been increasing its milatry budget not decreasing it. They have just given away multiple billions of dollars of weapons to counties and also have spent hundreds of blillions more on new technology. Cutting soldiers does near half cover their increase in spending.

Economically yes. Socially, maybe. Practically, no.
Actually its Economically yes. Socially, maybe (but neithor does america). Practically, yes.
China is not to be underestimated, they already have cities that nearly make america's best cities look small, as well as having large ammount of political influence around the world. Unless america changes its policies too be more politically conserivitive and invest in its own county, it will fall behind china and fast.

Oh really? What did Clinton do? You know, other than raise taxes.
Well he attacked Iraq with cruise missles if I remember which had a better political affect than invading it, breaking many human rights acts and then calling it a democarcy when people are fighting their neighbors. Iraq is now in ruins, under sadam far less people would have died to this date and it still would have been a viable tourist desternation. Also the raise in taxes was to ballence the budget, the fact he needed to raise taxes shows how much america is spending, afterall you should not spend more than you earn.

Global Warming is fake. Actual scientific fact refutes Global Warming, or at least the version that jackasses like Al Gore spew out of their mouths.
Not at all true. Global warming is happening but the affects have been greatly exadurated. Basically if you put glass around a greenhouse it heats up, putting a thin extra layer around it will make it heat up more but not that noticably. However the thin extra layer is the straw that broke the cammels back, its melting the ice caps at a fast rate and so causing water level to rise. In the end the ocean will end up a few meters higher in 100 or so years which will result in a substantioal loss of land worldwide although mostly the climet will remain unaffected.

However, cutting emissions could benifit it economicly. They could easilly reduce their average fuel consumption by 15% with more efficent cars, which would result in the need for buying 15% less fuel.

Also there is the fact that america is not a democracy, it is rulled purly by the rich with the poor having little say in what happens. Also america has been a total asshole in the past to the rest of the world, and most people have no evidence of them changing.

Honestly I have nothing against Mr./Mrs average american, however I do hate america's politics and most rich americans (I have nothing against Bill Gates and people like him who atleast spend some of their money helping people).

Status
Not open for further replies.