• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Why does it only spawn the Unites sometimes?

Level 4
Hello, I can't figure out, why it just sometimes spawns the Units?

The Managing of Waves
  • Set VariableSet CurrentWaveUnit = (Units of type Welle 1)
  • Wait 1.00 seconds
  • Trigger - Turn on Wave Spawn <gen>
  • Wait 25.00 seconds
  • Trigger - Turn off Wave Spawn <gen>
  • Wait until ((All units of (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown).) are dead) Equal to Wahr), checking every 1.00 seconds
  • Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: Nächste Welle...
The wave Spawnig itself.
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from CurrentWaveUnit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnOL <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from CurrentWaveUnit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnOR <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from CurrentWaveUnit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnUL <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from CurrentWaveUnit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnUR <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
I have a variable as type Unit Group | It is not an array
I set this with the trigger seen in pricture 1 before every wave. 1sec ater this it enabled the trigger that spawns a unit of the unit type set in the variable every second until it gets turnes of again 25 seconds later.

Sometimes this works, but sometimes it doesn't.

I think the problem could be
  • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from CurrentWaveUnit)) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnOL <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
That he takes a random unit from this variable. But I can't find anything else then taking a random unit. I thought it is no prblem because it always holds only 1 Unit.

Last edited:
Level 4
This is my first time using variables. What exactly do I need to do then, to spawn them?
YOu maybe got a map I could check this out?

Setting them up that Index 1 2 3 and so on are the correct waves is easy, but how do I tell the game now when to send what?

Last edited:
Level 4
  • Set CurrentWave = 1
  • -------- --------
  • Set CurrentWave = (Current Wave + 1)
  • Unit - Create 1 WaveUnits[CurrentWave] at ....
Ok thank you already, I am getting close,now my tpycal problem... I cant find the exact thing how to setup it in your example.. i only get it to this.
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from CurrentWaveUnit[0])) for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnOL <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Welle 1 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnUL <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Welle 1 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnUR <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Create 1 Welle 1 for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnOR <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
I only changed the first for testing reasons.

Maybe I did a mistake in the variable?
CurrentWave:
  • Type: Integer
  • Array: No

CurrentWvaeUnit
  • Type: Unit Group
  • Array: No

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
CurrentWaveUnit is a Unit-Type array variable.

If a variable has brackets after it's name then we know it's an Array -> []

So you're keeping track of the different Unit-Types inside of this Array:
  • Events
    • Map initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set Variable CurrentWaveUnit[1] = Footman
    • Set Variable CurrentWaveUnit[2] = Rifleman
    • Set Variable CurrentWaveUnit[3] = Knight
Then you're keeping track of which Wave you're currently on using the CurrentWave variable:
  • Events
    • -- put your own events here --
  • Conditions
    • -- put your own conditions here (if any) --
  • Actions
    • Set Variable CurrentWave = (CurrentWave + 1)
Then you're creating Units using those two variables in combination:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 CurrentWaveUnit[CurrentWave] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of SpawnUL <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
If CurrentWave is equal to 1 it will create Footman.
If CurrentWave is equal to 2 it will create Rifleman.
If CurrentWave is equal to 3 it will create Knights.

Level 4
Sorry, I forgot to write it here. I think you won't believe it, but yes, I finally got something.
My Prblem was I used Unit Group for "CurrentWaveUnit", but I needed to use Unit Type.

Level 4
And thus you have learned :)
Yeah finally...and noiw I try to find out, how I can make it, that players get shown the current Value of the Integer Variable "CurrentWave".
Currently I set up a work around of showing the Name of the last created Unit, that should always be the current Wave Units who are just called Welle ??.

Level 39
Conversion - Convert Integer to String

Take any trigger action (like multiboard info or a message displayed to player) with a string input field and use the above action. That will allow you to put an integer there instead of a string (that will then get converted to and displayed as a string). Use the CurrentWave variable.