• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disconnect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys,what could actually causing a game to disconnect players?I have added a triggers into my map,and it disconnect some players it the the trigger is turned on
heres the triggers

• Zombie dog Launch
    • Events
      • Time - Every 20.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Zomb dog for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Lumber spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Random unit from (Units in Lumber attack <gen> owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red)))))
      • Unit - Create 1 Zomb dog for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Lumber spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Random unit from (Units in Lumber attack <gen> owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red)))))
      • Unit - Create 1 Zomb dog for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of Lumber spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Zomb dog for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Lumber spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Zomb dog for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Lumber spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
i notice people dc once these monster spawned,but it may causing by other coressponding triggers im not sure,i uploaded the map see if you guys can help me to find out the exact problem
im using custom model for the mob tho,will it be the cause?

another thing is,how to make critters attacks?i mean they don't even have damage display on them even i do all the changes on object editor

Attachments

• Zombie War Alpha0.49 test.w3x
    4.2 MB · Views: 60
Level 11
Maybe this trigger is causing some leaks, try storing the region "Lumber spawn" into a point variable, and create the units on the "TempPoint" variable instead of an region. Then you clear it after you use.
  • Set TempPoint = Lumber spwan
Then after you finished using it, you can clear it by:
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Level 13
It's next to impossible that the posted trigger is causing any type of disconnect unless the game has been going on for a very long time.
Although there is no question it could be optimized and cleared of excess leaks.

Is the disconnect as in the disconnected player crashes or they are just kicked out of the game (desync)?

As for the unit's having no UI for damage, that's entirely in the OE unless you're removing the attack ability via trigger.
Double Check "Show UI" is true, or that "Attack Enabled" has at least one specified, or that the unit has enough damage to be considered having damage.

Level 3
As for the unit's having no UI for damage, that's entirely in the OE unless you're removing the attack ability via trigger.
Double Check "Show UI" is true, or that "Attack Enabled" has at least one specified, or that the unit has enough damage to be considered having damage.
I missed that enable attack part,it works now thx alot

Level 3
Maybe this trigger is causing some leaks, try storing the region "Lumber spawn" into a point variable, and create the units on the "TempPoint" variable instead of an region. Then you clear it after you use.
  • Set TempPoint = Lumber spwan
Then after you finished using it, you can clear it by:
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
I have no idea how to use variables,what i do is change the player owned to neutral hostile and it works now,still thanks

Level 8
about dc: you cant fix it

It's next to impossible that the posted trigger is causing any type of disconnect unless the game has been going on for a very long time.
Although there is no question it could be optimized and cleared of excess leaks.

Is the disconnect as in the disconnected player crashes or they are just kicked out of the game (desync)?
Only some players got this. If players dc, the next time he join map, he will dc, else if not, he wont in next game.
Ex:

1st hosting:
Player A dc
Player B not dc

2nd hosting:
Player A dc
Player B not dc

3rd hosting:
Player A dc
Player B not dc

You see, player A never dc, but player B always dc. If it was desync, both players must dc instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Ok guys asoon as i update the map problem are getting worse,everytime i change sometimes it seems fine again but if i do any change it will happen again,the kicks are totally random.The first time people join will dc for sure,and second time it was random,i couldn't find out which are causing the trouble,the trigger or the object editor,the dc happens 0-4 minutes into the game,the map is unplayable now,pls help....(yes it was confirmed its a desync not crash)

Attachments

• Zombie War Alpha0.55d test.w3x
    5.3 MB · Views: 79

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ask the people joining to restart their game clients. Maybe they played a widigitized map before yours without restarting their client.

Widigitizer poisons the game data cache with map specific data. This is fine for replaying the same map. However if the client then tries to load another map, it uses the map specific poison data from the cache instead of the base game data. As the data set does not match between clients for some objects it will result in an immediate desync once those objects are involved in the game. Hence why creating those units could be causing a desync.

Level 3
Ask the people joining to restart their game clients. Maybe they played a widigitized map before yours without restarting their client.

Widigitizer poisons the game data cache with map specific data. This is fine for replaying the same map. However if the client then tries to load another map, it uses the map specific poison data from the cache instead of the base game data. As the data set does not match between clients for some objects it will result in an immediate desync once those objects are involved in the game. Hence why creating those units could be causing a desync.
They are actually my friend and they never played any game before mine,its our first game it the morning,and when i play the first round nothing happens,second round,my friends,lets call them A and B,A has dc,then we remake,third time,B dc. since we are replaying the same map,i think this is not a widigitizer problem. i think the problem is on the trigger,im still on the process on deleting some trigger and trying,will update as soon as i found any possible cause

Level 3
So after some investigation,i removed these trigger
upload_2016-11-5_19-26-36.png
upload_2016-11-5_19-26-41.png
upload_2016-11-5_19-26-47.png
upload_2016-11-5_19-27-0.png
upload_2016-11-5_19-27-4.png
upload_2016-11-5_19-26-54.png
is the cause of desync,the problem no longer exist after i removed this trigger,it seems like i cannot spawn anything inside the region or it will cause desync,i tried replace neutral hostile with computer,same.make unit spawn in center of region instead of random point,same.Anyone can teach me how to solve this? If enemy are not allowed to spawn that area it reduce alot of fun...

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-5_19-26-1.png
    upload_2016-11-5_19-26-1.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 31

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I can only suggest the following.
  • The triggers in the map leak a ton. Try fixing all the leaks and seeing if that makes a difference.
  • Also try testing with different players and different hosts. An out of sync can also occur if client installations have become corrupted.
  • Make sure all clients playing are on the same visual settings. That can also be a cause for desyncs sometimes.
  • Make sure it is not a corrupted model or texture injecting undefined behaviour into the game engine. Delete all imports and see if the out of sync error still occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.