• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Respawn Timer and Enemy Attack Order

So, I've stated in my first forum that I'm a noob. Well, I am :D now I need help. Again. So, I got two problems here :3

Problem 1: Respawn Timer

• Player 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Countdown Timer - Start Time as a One-shot timer that will expire in 45.00 seconds
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Time with title Guillier Respawn Ti...
      • Set Time = (Last started timer)
      • Countdown Timer - Change the color of the time for (Last created timer window) to (100.00%, 80.00%, 20.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Set TimeWindow = (Last created timer window)
      • Countdown Timer - Show TimeWindow
      • Wait 45.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of Respawn Region Guillier <gen>), Show revival graphics
      • Countdown Timer - Hide (Last created timer window)

It's only good for one character. But when another dies while the other is still counting down, both timer resets and after the countdown, it'll only destroy the 2nd one (which is the Last TimerWindow Created). So, Help a newbie here ^_^

Problem 2: Unit attack
So...

• Zombie Wave 1
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 30.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 15 Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 15 Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Zombie Spawn 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 15 Zombie for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Zombie Spawn 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) and do (Unit Group - Order (Units in Zombie Spawn 1 <gen>) to Attack (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red))))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Zombie Spawn 2 <gen>) and do (Unit Group - Order (Units in Zombie Spawn 2 <gen>) to Attack (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red))))))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Zombie Spawn 3 <gen>) and do (Unit Group - Order (Units in Zombie Spawn 3 <gen>) to Attack (Random unit from (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Random player from (All allies of Player 1 (Red))))))

In this trigger, I make enemies spawn at regions. It's good because they move and attack. The problem here is that one group of them only attack/focus on ONE unit. I've tested it and when they came, they didn't attack me but attacked my teammate.

Help ?

Last edited:
Level 18
You can't change the title so just DON'T forget to think about it later.

Then DON'T double post use the
edit.gif
button instead !

Level 3
Attack-Moving to a random unit on the map will make them attack some of the units I don't want to be attacked. And I don't know how to "loop a trigger"

Also, it says here that the "unit group" command will only make 12 units move. And on my triggers, I've put 15. Does that mean I have to reduce them to 12 and make another Group Spawn ?

Level 25
Attack-Moving to a random unit on the map will make them attack some of the units I don't want to be attacked. And I don't know how to "loop a trigger"

Also, it says here that the "unit group" command will only make 12 units move. And on my triggers, I've put 15. Does that mean I have to reduce them to 12 and make another Group Spawn ?
If you don't want them to be attacked, make them owned by a player allied to the Zombies?
Or tell the zombies to move to a region close of where your units you want to be attacked are and then tell them to attack move from there.

And as always, fix the leaks. But that can wait until the trigger works as you want it to, even tho it helps with the structure of the trigger.

Level 3
Right could you please explain very clearly the purpose of the map, zombies etc and what units are involved and what you want the triggers to do.

To loop a trigger you use the event - every __ seconds

Uhm, I'm trying to make a map wherein there's like a zombie base where there's the Boss zombie. Before we reach to that, we need waves of (weak)zombies to attack first. The goal is to defeat that boss and I've put a trigger to end the game after defeating it. So, it's like a survival-strategy game. The "Other Units" I was talking about refers to the stronger version of zombies inside the walls of the zombie base.

This is my first map so please help me.

Level 3
If you don't want them to be attacked, make them owned by a player allied to the Zombies?
Or tell the zombies to move to a region close of where your units you want to be attacked are and then tell them to attack move from there.

And as always, fix the leaks. But that can wait until the trigger works as you want it to, even tho it helps with the structure of the trigger.

Moving to a region to where my units are? Uh, It's not like the characters are gonna stay in the same location. There are also different paths on where to go and stuff...

Leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.