• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do you make maps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
yea. you get better the more you do, but never focus on quantity. just quality ^^. use peoples advice on your next ones (or that one) assuming that they give positive criticizm (of course, thats rare on this site... :wink: )

Level 10
for me... maybe jus to show those show offs who think they can do a better job.. and a lil bit of hobby and fame i guess =P don mind the fame part (im jus human)

Level 2
im making maps cuz i always wanted to learn how to use the we lol
and im a big fan of gothic 2 and other rpg games
and also its really fills good after u did a good job
for example if your trigger fully works like you want it to

Level 3
Because I always learn something and the feeling "I made it!" feels so good. Of course it's nice to see your own map played and nice to have feedback if someone likes it. Fame would be cool too, but i don't see it as reason to make maps, maybe a reason to stop mapping.

Level 5
Well, i just make maps because i'm rather that "map maker" style than gamer.
I started it with tho good old Doom 1. I had a few map making tools for it, and i made a quite a few maps to it (however i didn't had internet connection at that time, so i could not share my work...)
I also made maps for Quake 1, and i tried a few for WK2, Red Alert and SC, but these few did not offer the freedom i always wanted in map editing. But then came WK3.
The first maps i made were RoC maps, WarChasers conversions (with all-new heroes and stronger enemies). I tried to make several 2 player RPGs, but none of them got finished.
Now u can c what projects i'm working on currently.

Frankly i dunno why am i doing it. Perhaps i need more than gaming.

Level 3
i make maps because its fun and my warcraft has been having hissy fits latly and shutting down so i got nothing better to do (i dont have a life)

Level 5
I make maps because I enjoy it, and mapmaking one of my favorite hobby. I love pouring my idea into the map, making something different from any map in the world, converting an RTS game into other type of games, I really love those things :D I also make maps for warcraft2, starcraft, heroes 3, heroes 4, and counterstrike 8) But I like WE best.

Level 2
I make maps cuz it's my hobby since... ever I renember there were editors in games :)

I made maps for wc2 (just a couple of maps to play on LAN and I still make maps now for my wc2BNE), starcraft (a campaign acctually but I never completed the last 2 missions of it), half-life (tried a bit only), kknd and even Doom and the first Wolfenstein game.
What can I say - I've made something myself in like every editor in every game that I have :)

Martinez

Level 3
Jontel said:
I get mad when i see all the badly made maps on bnet, and i think i can do a better job :)
omg i hate thoughs ppl who say stuff like "I stayed up till 2 making this map, so dont insult it plz". ive seen heeps of them, and they all suck. maps arnt an overnight process, or a weekend's, cuz it shows... anyway i make maps cuz i can and i like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.