• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do people like SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
guys normally im not one to be such such a jerk, but what do people Honestly see in SC2, i used to like it but now i cant stand even watching it, people like that game and i dont understand why.

if you asking why i hate it it is because the game is going to be 75% like SC1, just with better graphics and a few new units. and the game is going to be very very very fustrating, dont think so?
when i give that game its chance im gonna make 4 BCs and yamato your CPs ass off, and you wont have enough resources to build another one, and even if you saved enough resources, i'll blow it up when your halfway through building that one, and your gonna be realy pissed. im gonna make 1 marine and rush him 60 seconds into the game to your resources gatherers, you will send them at me then i run, you go back to working and i come back and shoot you, you show any sign of retaliation i run then come back when you lose interest until all your workers are dead. or i can rush you 30 seconds into the game with my workers and kill your workers if your too distracted on my profound move to retaliate.
that is basicly what the gameplay is gonna be like. again, i dont normally be a jerk like this, but knowing this can you still like the game knowing that you can do so many cheap ass moves that make the gameplay fustrating and enraging? that atleast is how i see the game, im not sure about you, but again, what do you see in the game, i dont remember what i saw in the game. and i can tell you 2 strategy games that are much better in my opinion if you wanna new game. and my idea for a strategy game is located in off topic if you want to see a REAL strategy game.

im so confused as to why people like it that i had to make this post.

Last edited:
Level 40
Go play StarCraft, then reread what you just wrote (Such as the BattleCruiser comment). Also, consider the fact that rushing is a strategy, and if you're not paying attention you deserve to die. What do you, sir, consider a good game, if you think that having a wide variety of strategies, none of which are rigged, is bad?

Level 6
the ability to rush one minute into the game may be strategy but it is very very fustrating! and after JUST discovering the Nomad, new terran unit, i can now just place a couple of turrets right at your resource gatherers and piss the hell outa you! you gonna like that when that happens to you?!? build some AA sure, i just coming with 3 nomads, rush in, drop of my turret, run away before i lose any, your resource gatherers die and you get a taste of CHEAP ASS TACTICS!!! they can instantly put it down, THE FREAKEN SCREEN SHOT IS THEM PLACING TURRETS RIGH ON THE RESOURCE GATHERERS, HOW FREAKEN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at my idea for a strategy game, its in the off topic section. and you didn't tell me what you saw in the game.

Level 40
Rush one minute into the game: Three minutes at least, excluding walking/finding the enemy time.

Nomads: You know that there are more than Anti-Air towers, right?

If someone puts an effort into killing your resource production, much more than you put into defending it, you deserve to lose that resource production.

What do I see in StarCraft two?

Well, if they keep up the StarCraft style,

• Great balance
  • No heroes
  • Fast-paced gameplay, with macro, micro, and strategy all important
  • Huge amounts of tactics to be used, making most games have significant differences
  • The terrain playing a very important role in the game
  • Large-scale battles, but not too large-scale
  • I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now

Level 6
so you denie that the game is cheap assed, and that it isn't fustrating? and a game i consider good is in the off topic section, it can put SC2 to shame, that is if you can imagine, picture it. as for the games "huge abounts of strategy" you consider flying in 5 BCs and blowing up the CP strategy for some reasom, i see it as a cheap ass move which makes the gameplay fustrating, annoying, and how does terrain play a very important role in the battles? other than height advantage theres nothing else. what about naval and land choke points in which i mentioned in ym idea? and havve you ever considered realism? cooler dogfights maybe, and a game that is more focused on keeping it fun other than Ballanced, but still have cheap ass fustrating tactics? and how is fast paced gaming fun, the battle is halfway over by the time you know whats happening. its great you told me what you see in it, but now i dont understand why you see those things in the game.

Level 40
Hakeem, if you send a rush as early as possible,

• If your enemy does not have a barracks, they deserve to die.
  • Otherwise, even if for some odd reason they don't have one finished yet, their workers will still easily drive you away. In StarCraft (original), an SCV could beat a marine 1vs1 without medics or upgrades on either side.

Anyways, after reading the contents of your last post, you have definitely never played StarCraft, and thus have absolutely no grounds to base your claims off of. This discussion will be rather futile until you try it.

Oh, and watch some of the professional replays in StarCraft. If BattleCruisers are imbalanced, howcome no one ever uses them as game enders? In fact, they're rarely used outside of Tarran versus Terran at all!

About terrain... Think Siege Tanks, mainly, as well as some long-ranged air such as Guardians and Carriers. You mentioned choke points, too.

Level 6
as for the nomads, can you realy afford to keep units there with a population limit? if i were to make a game i would have no population limit, it doesn't keep a game under control, it only keeps you from doing what i said, defending your base, workers. How bout you make a game that has no workers, unlimited resources, if i make a strategy game, i'd make it so you dont need resource gatherers and you can't stop the supply of your enemies resources, it keeps the game fun,
and reading that marine thing 1 vs 1 fight scv, scv wins?!??!?!?!? and i'd make the marine run when you run after me, thnx to the movement of units in SC2 i can run then come back once you lose interest.

Level 27
Hakeem, if you send a rush as early as possible,

• If your enemy does not have a barracks, they deserve to die.
  • Otherwise, even if for some odd reason they don't have one finished yet, their workers will still easily drive you away. In StarCraft (original), an SCV could beat a marine 1vs1 without medics or upgrades on either side.
I'm referring to the Orc hero that has the ability to summon wolves.
Workers can not easily drive those away.

Level 6
the game isn't unfair because its annoying, its annoying because of the kinda crap you can pull off, like in the ACTUAL game i once played. 10 mutalisks, they run in and blow up my resource gatherers, NOW i have to try to rebuild them and build more AA, it stops all production and its annoying, i move in about 10 of my dragoons there, 60 seconds later, 3X as many mutalisks come in blow up my workers and run for it, i killed about 10, NOW i gotta work all of them all back up and try to rebuild more AA, and it wasn't like i could spare any minerals to build more dragoons, i was busy spending them on more resource gatherers, he comes in again 2 minutes later wth about 50 mutalisks and whipes me out. i asure you the entire time i was shouting out in joy instead of angerily pressing alt f4 because it was so god damn annoying!!!

Level 40
the game isn't unfair because its annoying, its annoying because of the kinda crap you can pull off, like in the ACTUAL game i once played. 10 mutalisks, they run in and blow up my resource gatherers, NOW i have to try to rebuild them and build more AA, it stops all production and its annoying, i move in about 10 of my dragoons there, 60 seconds later, 3X as many mutalisks come in blow up my workers and run for it, i killed about 10, NOW i gotta work all of them all back up and try to rebuild more AA, and it wasn't like i could spare any minerals to build more dragoons, i was busy spending them on more resource gatherers, he comes in again 2 minutes later wth about 50 mutalisks and whipes me out. i asure you the entire time i was shouting out in joy instead of angerily pressing alt f4 because it was so god damn annoying!!!
Corsairs or High Templars, tyvm. If he had such a resource advantage on you to be able to afford that many mutalisks, you were long dead anyways.

Rushing still can take all the fun out of the game.
I, for one, like filling out the tech tree.
The entire point of rushing is to prevent everyone from just sitting around and filling out the techtree, resulting in a much slower-paced game. It's fine if you don't like it - no one is forcing you to play it. But the reality is that there's a good reason for it - it isn't just 'cheap', and there are people that like it. I, for one, do, whether it is being rushed and possibly taking the win (either by damaging their economy or by wiping them out), or being rushed and learning new strategies to use and be ready to defend against, while still maintaining an offensive position.

Level 6
ANNOYING GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!

AND YOU MADE ANOTHER example of rock paper scissors!!!!!!!!!!!!
thnx to pop limits, i dont keep a buncha corsairs and high templar just hanging around my base incase my oppenent attacks with mutalisks, and rushing just takes the fun out of any game

Level 40
He attacked you with mutalisks three times in a row. You'd think you'd get the drift sooner or later. Additionally, not keeping a few of certain kinds of units on hand (especially when it is well known that Corsairs and High Templars are particularly deadly against Zerg) is a death wish.

And check my post in your other thread for my response to your rock-paper-scissors comment.

And you having maxed your pop limit so early is definitely a lie. If you could only afford 10 Dragoons to defend yourself... That's 20 pop. Let's say you have 15 workers. 35 pop. 35/200 = a lot left.

I like playing with more than 3 types of units is why I like to fill out the tech tree.

Enjoy your rushed variety.
A rush almost never ends a match between two equally skilled players o_O

Level 6
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! do you Honestly think i had 200 in pylons?!? this was about 5 minutes into the game, i had about 10 dragoons and about 15 Zealots, not 50 pylons, only enough to harbor them, and read my post more thouroly, i said i was too busy replacing workers and trying to build more AA than being able to build more soldiers. i only had enough resources to do just that!!! and i did get the drift witht the mutalisks, i move my dragoons there, but that can't keep him from attack resource gatherers, and because i didn't have the resources or enough time, i couldn't have teplars and corsairs just hanging around my base so no matter what i guess i am waiting for death according to your post, not fun, fustrating, and annoying!

Level 40
Err, in this case Corsairs and High Templars are AA.

And 5 minutes into the game, a Zerg player will not have 1 mutalisk, let alone 50.

Also, if he loses so much more resources than you, then if he doesn't have a major resource advantage the attack would be in your favour.

Next, keeping your Psi limit open is quite important, and not doing so is a dangerous idea, that probably merits bad consequences.

Next, it sounds like you were playing against someone with a greater understanding of the game than you.

Finally, why could you afford to have 15 Zealots and 10 Dragoons "hanging around your base", but not one or two High Templars and five to ten Corsairs? A corsair is only slightly more expensive than a Dragoon, and ridiculously more effective against mutalisks.

Think of it this way.

-A Corsair is faster and flies, meaning that it can chase the mutalisks and make sure they don't approach from cliffs, etc.

-A Corsair fires roughly 4x as fast as a Dragoon. It does 1/4 of the damage of a Dragoon to Mutalisks. So, this means that it is dealing the same DPS, right? The Corsair hits every single Mutalisk (assuming they are clumped, which they would have been), meaning you have roughly 10x the damage output; every single Mutalisk would have died from about 7 corsairs, no problems. Then, you go use the corsairs to knock out the Zerg player's overlords, thus incapacitating his ability to produce units while you assault him.

And again, if these strategies are so unbeatable, how come they are never used on the pro gaming scene?

Level 6
you tell em to keep units hanging around my base, then you tell me that have units around your base is a bad thing because im using up PSI, ok, lets say i kept my PSI open, once he attacks me its not like i can build up abuncha templar and corsairs right there.

and if i had a resource advantage, then how does that me his attack is at his disadvantage?!? was it supposed to make him magicaly miss my resource gatherers? and seeing as though he killed all my resource gatherers i had to spend what i had left to build more workers, it was until i ran out of resources that i couldn't build anymore workers, does that sound any fun to you?

i didn't say there unbeatable, THERE JUST ANNOYING!!! which is my point, you just go, oh you shoulda done this, well god dammit its still fustrating!!! WHICH IS MY POINT!!! SC2 will be no different, its only going to be 25% different from SC1 but still annoying and fustrating!!!

Level 40
you tell em to keep units hanging around my base, then you tell me that have units around your base is a bad thing because im using up PSI, ok, lets say i kept my PSI open, once he attacks me its not like i can build up abuncha templar and corsairs right there.
Where did I say having units at your base is a bad thing? And if he did 3 consecutive attacks, you had plenty of time to build a force.

and if i had a resource advantage, then how does that me his attack is at his disadvantage?!? was it supposed to make him magicaly miss my resource gatherers? and seeing as though he killed all my resource gatherers i had to spend what i had left to build more workers, it was until i ran out of resources that i couldn't build anymore workers, does that sound any fun to you?
Because it would have lost him so much more resources than you.

i didn't say there unbeatable, THERE JUST ANNOYING!!! which is my point, you just go, oh you shoulda done this, well god dammit its still fustrating!!! WHICH IS MY POINT!!! SC2 will be no different, its only going to be 25% different from SC1 but still annoying and fustrating!!!
I guess it's a game style you won't like, then, but I really think you're not actually regarding it to what it actually is due to some sort of bias.

Level 19
Where did I say having units at your base is a bad thing? And if he did 3 consecutive attacks, you had plenty of time to build a force.

Because it would have lost him so much more resources than you.

I guess it's a game style you won't like, then, but I really think you're not actually regarding it to what it actually is due to some sort of bias.

I fully agree with PurplePoot. It seems like you don't really have an real understanding of the game which is needed to become a good starcraft player. Rushing is an advantage agenst noobs but I nearly never use it(only agenst computers) beacuse it totally stuns me making me an easy pray for the other enemies.
A reasource advantage is really good because then you'll have more income which gives you the ability to mass more units.
Btw only skilled players are able to get more than 10 mutalisks within 5 minutes lol... Which brings up the next question: Is that even possible?

Level 13
Grade A Kill, you know you could have made corsairs, wait for muta attack, kill mutas, fly to enemy base and kill the overlords with corsairs, as long as the Zerg ain't prepared for it. That way you cut out their population and you can then attack them with ground forces, if you have them. Late game is all about having different units, mostly. Oh and mass Battlecruisers SUCK! Goliaths and Siege Tanks are alot better, and vultures too if you know how to micro then efficiently.

Mass Carriers is always nice but costs ALOT and can easily by countered with well-aimed Goliaths and corsairs which deal splash damage, killing the interceptors around the carrier.

Level 40
redmarine, you might have a Lair in 5 minutes if you rush for one, and you have a good build order. Not a spire, and definitely not mutalisks. (10 at that!) - keep in mind, this is all on Fastest game speed.

PS: Tyranid, Carriers are almost never used out of PvT, because versus Arbiters+(Scouts/(Dragoons+High Templars)), or Scourges, they totally fail.

-A Corsair fires roughly 4x as fast as a Dragoon. It does 1/4 of the damage of a Dragoon to Mutalisks. So, this means that it is dealing the same DPS, right?

A small correction. Dragoons have explosive damage, Mutalisks are small, so Corsair does 1/2 of the damage, so their DPS is 2x. This makes Dragoons even more useless against Mutalisks, furthermore, they are not the best choice to mass against Zerg, due to Zerg's variable size. PvT=Protoss vs Terran?

Attacking workers does in Starcraft even greater damage, as you cannot rally point them to resources.

Grade A Kill, And if you let the enemy mass Battlecruiser, you will probably have something more than 15 Zealots and 10 Dragoons, unless you are already half dead

Level 6
so none of you guys have ever had all your workers obliterated ever, your saying that even if your workers are destroyed you dont find that annoying?

the thing i dont like about starcraft is the cheap ass tactics, have you guys seen the Nomad? new terran unit, the freaken screen shot of it is droping off turrets right next to the resource gatherers, its annoying and cheap ass and i dont much care for it.

You guys wouldn't happen to have a little list of strategies for this game would you? you start up a game and go "i think i'll start this guy off with the zealot rush, and i should use the anti-mutalisk srategy, have alot of templar and corsairs waiting around my base incase they may attack with mutalisks, and then i'll build abuncha pheonixes and warprays to destroy there command center and they might not have enough resources to build another" the way you guys make it sound is that there are a list of strategies Blizzard made and if one would do "this" then another one would counter that specific one. i think thats stupid if you ask me.

and if i were to say right here in the forum that i would build 4 BCs and blow up your CP and you won't have enough resources to make another one, then you would say, oh i'd have alot of "THIS" type of unit at my base to counter it, or that you would have missle turrets to shoot my BCs down, then i'd say they would just fly in, yamato your CP and run like hell, then you would say something else.

AS IF you can prepare for every little situation or attack that someone could devise, you guys surly cant guess what im gonna do, wether i may use nomads to destroy your resources and piss you off, or i may use BCs and yamato your CP or marine rush, or use 3 thors and abuncha seige tanks to artilery your defenses, or reaper detcharge your CP, i just jump up the cliff, set those detpacks and if your not the terran your CP is gonna die! with all those variety of attacks i could do, you cant guess or prepare for every one of them, thats very annoying seeing that all these things can happen and it seems that you have to have certain units to counter it and its not like you can have everything completly prepared for any situation.

Level 13
so none of you guys have ever had all your workers obliterated ever, your saying that even if your workers are destroyed you dont find that annoying?

the thing i dont like about starcraft is the cheap ass tactics, have you guys seen the Nomad? new terran unit, the freaken screen shot of it is droping off turrets right next to the resource gatherers, its annoying and cheap ass and i dont much care for it.

You guys wouldn't happen to have a little list of strategies for this game would you? you start up a game and go "i think i'll start this guy off with the zealot rush, and i should use the anti-mutalisk srategy, have alot of templar and corsairs waiting around my base incase they may attack with mutalisks, and then i'll build abuncha pheonixes and warprays to destroy there command center and they might not have enough resources to build another" the way you guys make it sound is that there are a list of strategies Blizzard made and if one would do "this" then another one would counter that specific one. i think thats stupid if you ask me.

and if i were to say right here in the forum that i would build 4 BCs and blow up your CP and you won't have enough resources to make another one, then you would say, oh i'd have alot of "THIS" type of unit at my base to counter it, or that you would have missle turrets to shoot my BCs down, then i'd say they would just fly in, yamato your CP and run like hell, then you would say something else.

AS IF you can prepare for every little situation or attack that someone could devise, you guys surly cant guess what im gonna do, wether i may use nomads to destroy your resources and piss you off, or i may use BCs and yamato your CP or marine rush, or use 3 thors and abuncha seige tanks to artilery your defenses, or reaper detcharge your CP, i just jump up the cliff, set those detpacks and if your not the terran your CP is gonna die! with all those variety of attacks i could do, you cant guess or prepare for every one of them, thats very annoying seeing that all these things can happen and it seems that you have to have certain units to counter it and its not like you can have everything completly prepared for any situation.
You simply gotta be prepared for anything. Also mass BCs in SC 1 absolutely suck. Even with Yamato they ain't that great.

Level 19

Some people might get a bit aggressive or even mad, which I usually don't get by playing computer games.(include Starcraft) Btw no player would let his base be totally unprotected if not he knows what he is doing.
I agree with Tyranid you have to get prepared for everything.

Level 13
Dont be whiny, if you suck this much then play single player and use cheats. Obviously you dont seem to comprehend how to stop a unit spam, a rush, raiding, or pull off a defencive action.

Level 40
It gets annoying, but the game wouldn't be fun if you couldn't do anything to harm your opponent ("Guys, have you ever lost? Don't you find that annoying?"). Defend your workers if you don't want them to die.

Because they failed to defend the workers. You could have attacked those workers easily with any unit.

Any game will have a finite number of ideal strategies. Get used to it.

If you got to my main base's command center, killed it with 4 BCs (note: the yamatos from 4 BCs only do 2/3 of a CC's life), and got out without losing any of them, I would suck very very much, or I would have lost so much stuff (thus not being able to defend) that the game would be over anyways.

Yes we can!

Terran: ComSat Station/Wraiths or Ghosts (Cloaked)/Science Vessels/Occasional scouts
Protoss: Observers/Dark Templars/Occasional scouts
Zerg: Burrowed units/Overlords/Occasional scouts

If you don't keep an eye on your opponent, and they keep an eye on you, you're handicapping yourself.

Level 27
Any game will have a finite number of ideal strategies. Get used to it.
Chess.

Level 22
I hope that SC2 will be more of a game that is rushing, owning in the 5th minute, micro (def less than war3 but I hope there still is), and NOT massing, waiting to make 200/200 to attack coz 1stly I'll NEVER let someone do that and one of the things I do like about soloing is you own fast and don't waste your life time. And can do many games for that time. For me the fun is not doing smth silly but making a long and interesting game. That's a pleasure even if I lose.

While mapping is nice but takes as much time as plaing WoW and for me WoW sucks for that a lot.

If you play for fun, I suggest you create custom games 'newbs only'/mods coz better players don't wanna waste their time for nothing. We wanna make sure they don't make Protoss overpowered, in SC&BW it was easier with them.

Level 19
I hope that SC2 will be more of a game that is rushing, owning in the 5th minute, micro (def less than war3 but I hope there still is), and NOT massing, waiting to make 200/200 to attack coz 1stly I'll NEVER let someone do that and one of the things I do like about soloing is you own fast and don't waste your life time. And can do many games for that time. For me the fun is not doing smth silly but making a long and interesting game. That's a pleasure even if I lose.

While mapping is nice but takes as much time as plaing WoW and for me WoW sucks for that a lot.

If you play for fun, I suggest you create custom games 'newbs only'/mods coz better players don't wanna waste their time for nothing. We wanna make sure they don't make Protoss overpowered, in SC&BW it was easier with them.

Ofc they won't. All the races will be uber balanced lol...

Corsairs also have explosive damage, Mechanical Man.

But since when? (now checked) :sad: They used to have normal damage. :sad: I liked them only because of this.

What are good units for terran to rush protoss? The infantry gets quickly raped by psionic storm, goliaths to anything that is not air, they have no good ground-air unit except battlecruiser which gets owned by a small group of scouts, maybe tanks with goliath support, but you have to go kinda defensive, so this is not a real rush. (yes, I mean more late game, not first 5 min)

Level 8
Early-game, you can tech to the medic. And if Blizz stays to what is says, the Marauder is a flamer-like unit that instead shoots grenades that slows down enemies, thus making a good counter vs. zerglings and sprinting zelots. They also stated that is wasn't a factory unit and is very powerul as a early game unit. Would be good for rushing. Late game, it will be able to slow down the powerful melee units.

Level 25
Hey guys, I'm back . I've been playing Empires all day long.. (Great game).

Always nice to see a guy like this :D . So, Kill a Grade, you want a game which last for longer than a hour, gives you unlimited rescoures (laggfeast ftw!)?

Btw, if HE was attacking, what did you do? Why wasn't you attacking ? :)
And if we aren't allowed to attack on the weak spots, where are we supposed to attack?

I for myself will LOVE SCII, not for it's melee, not for it's missions, but for it's Editor. If you don't like the game, why the hell do you register here? And start a new thread about how much you hate it? It doesn't make sense..

Level 6
SC2 may not be out yet, but im very confused as to how people like it as it comes along, here is an example of "strategy" this was taken from SC1 "strategies" and YES it is relevant because starcraft 2 is 75% like SC1.

this is an actual strategy pasted from the offical website for Zealot rush:

If you choose to invade with a Zealot Rush, keep an eye out for Bunkers filled with Marines. Once in Bunkers, it is the Marines that hold the advantage with lesser numbers. If you wish to directly confront the Bunkers, make sure you bring enough Zealots (about 2 Zealots for every Marine within a Bunker) to quickly take it down and then kill the Marines within. If your Terran foe happens to build Bunkers away from their actual mining operation, use the Bunker's static position against it by walking past, ignoring the damage taken along the way, and directly attack the mining SCVs. With this type of movement, make sure you are only using the Move Command and not the Attack-Move as you head into the Terran base or else you may find your Zealots being torn apart by Marine fire while they attempt to pound on the Bunkers. In the case that your opponent has built their Bunkers close to their Command Center and SCVs, the best option is to pull back and wait until you have enough Zealots or more advanced units to overwhelm the enemy.

"If your Terran foe happens to build Bunkers away from their actual mining operation, use the Bunker's static position against it by walking past, ignoring the damage taken along the way, and directly attack the mining SCVs"

why the hell can you just walk by defenses? are they useless?
Do any of you think D-Day was just walk past the bunkers?!?
it is an unrealistic imitation of strategy.

heres another about its infexible stratagies, again taken from the website:

If you believe the enemy will send in a large amount of Zealots early, you have two main choices:

Entirely Offensive
This is an order that often works. Build a Supply Depot, Barracks, Supply Depot, Barracks, then 1-2 more Barracks and more Supply Depots as necessary all while continuing to build more SCVS. Try to build your base in a very tight formation so Bunkers can cover most of it if or when you decide to build them. Continue making Marines in an even distribution in all 3 or 4 Barracks. Skip mining Gas until a later point to build more Marines, Barracks, and SCVs. An alternate building order is:

On SCV #7, build a Barracks.

With SCV #8, build a Supply Depot.
(right here, it has to go this exact, its very infexible because it is ment to specificly counter a Zealot charge, anything else and its over)

Build a Bunker that will cover your SCVs mining Minerals and all your other buildings. (Building a very tightly packed town is important here)

Fill up your Bunker with 4 Marines then continue on with a normal building order. This will also stop the 6 Zergling Rush if you repair your Bunker while it is being attacked..

"If you believe the enemy will send in a large amount of Zealots early, you have two main choices"
Thats IF you think they will, thats ROCK PAPER SCISSORS, you have no idea what your enemy will send at you, so you guess for this JUST IN CASE he does a Zealot charge???

is this realy fun with the inflexible, horribly unrealistic strategy and gameplay?

Level 13
If he is a protoss player and the game just began, you bet he will use zealots for a time. Also, thats one of millions of strategies in starcraft. Blizzard only makes it that inflexible because its been known to work for that situation. Besides, that early on he might send like 1 dragoon along with them, and you can take one of those.

As for defences, if they were like the bunkers on D-Day than how the hell would anybody other than the terrans win ? Stuff like that needs to be balanced.

Level 2
Starcraft 2 will be to Starcraft as Warcraft III was to Warcraft 2. In other words... totally different. Besides, how can you say you don't like a game that a.) you've never played and b.) hasn't even come out yet?

Even if you don't like the game itself, you can still use the level editor to make awesome mods, because from all accounts it will be 10x more powerful than even WorldEdit

Status
Not open for further replies.