• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why Cartoon Network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
For true anime lovers out: Believe it or not, Naruto will be broadcasted on Cartoon Network in quarter 3. Woohoo I'm guessing most of you are probably going, eh? Yah, I'm am TOTALLY AGAINST IT. Why? Cartoon Network rips every single American who watches TV Cable way too much from an actual anime. They just going to butcher it and leave it out for Americans. I'd like to know your opinions even if you don't like anime or just plain Naruto itself Oh wait, the butchering pretty much applies to every anime.

Level 9
We have cable here at home & we have that channel but Im totally against broadcasting the program in that channel coz I might not be able to watch it coz the the cable company we had subscribed here shift that channel into PINOY MOVIES starting evry 6.00pm. I would like that AXN animax will broadcast that program & AXN should broadcast all the animes. What do you think?

Level 12
Agreed. I wished there was an anime channel, but looks like America ain't going to like us Asians (not that I'm saying they'r racist.) Sure they want to censor all that stuff not appropriate to children, but even if it were on adult swim, it still not right.

And btw, I'm waiting on satomi's opinion on this one. :wink:

Level 9
SeaGull1723 said:
And btw, I'm waiting on satomi's opinion on this one. :wink:

Surely he shall make reply on this asap. I just envy VG living in japan coz he can watch those amazing japanese animes. Too bad we dont have everything here in our place... :cry: Hmm.. I already missed those ghost fighter that made me to come home early during my high school days & also the awesometastic hunterxhunter.

Level 11
Whee, yet another anime to be slaughtered! :eek:

Which is why I read manga. I only watch a little anime. But I thought there was an actual anime channel...I remember seeing something about it on my new Saiyuki dvd...I'll check that out.

Level 9
Lord Finarfin said:
Whee, yet another anime to be slaughtered! :eek:

Which is why I read manga. I only watch a little anime. But I thought there was an actual anime channel...I remember seeing something about it on my new Saiyuki dvd...I'll check that out.

Unfortunately in my case, manga cant satisfy my thirsty eye & hungry ears. Besides, mangas are too expensive for me because they are not made from here. I think when I will read these stuffs, they will just fuel my desire to watch more animes where & when there is none.

Level 12
Mecheon said:
Cartoon Network don't ruin anime

Thats up the dubbers

Heh, I'll bet you a whole lot. DBZ (no I'm not a DBZ fan) was edited since there was a lot more violent scenes. And I have seen it myself, so don't think I've watched actual anime ever. So yes DBZ might've been much more exciting.

Level 22
I'm not too big a fan of Naruto, but watching any anime get butchered is an insult to American audiences. But I will say this:

The Cartoon Network COULD BE WORSE

If you truly wanbt to see anime butchered at its fullest, watch fox kids WB or anything released by nelvana . One of my favorite series, Vision of Escaflowne, perhaps one of the greatest series around, was horribly edited. Luckely I already had the whole series on DVD unedited, but all those who were unfamiliar with the series were introduced to a travesty.

And, of course, probably the most famous and controversial butchering of all time: Cardcaptor Sakura (another fav of mine). They took the anime series, changed all the names of the characters to "Americanized" names, changed the locations so it didnt even take place in Japan anymore, but some anonymous place in Amierica, CHANGED THE MAIN CHARACTER for the sole purpose of CHANGING THE TARGET AUDIENCE...changed the relationships between all the characters (i.e. the love tiangles were all eliminated). They took a lighthearted romance comedy/advanture anime and turned it into a cheap "gotta catch'em all" pokemon ripoff. At LEAST they had the decency to change the title so it was no longer associated with the original, calling it "cardcaptors" instead. Anime fans boycotted Nelvana unsuccessfully after that.

Cartoon network has never gone that far, so I wouldnt worry so much about Naruto. They will, of course, edit out blood, language, and (which naruto doesnt have) nudity. Its not my fav, but its not a bad series....1000% better then DBZ, which in my opinion gave all anime a bad name, even in its unedited format.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
To my recollection, I have seen vision of escoflowne in AXN but the whole series were not continued & i dont know what is the reason & many of the animes being broadcast in this channel are not actually being continued like the Rave. Though I watch cardcaptor sakura being dubbed in our language but i am not really fond of it coz they are really for children. I think those channels whose intention are to broadcast programs for general patronage should not accept animes that has nudity but can be justified instead they should let other channels handle them. I think we should all watch BUBU CHACHA in disney channel when there are new episodes being released. :lol:

Level 25
Dubbers are the ones who change the japanese text into the english version

Cartoon Network wouldn't know how to change japanese if you smacked them in the face with a dictionary of it

Kids WB and Fox Kids just gets different anime. With different dubbers. Different company, different standards. Personaly, I blame 4Kids. Corse, I blame that GAWD AWFUL dubbing company for EVERYTHING

Now, if 4Kids got their hands on Naruto, I will cry myself to sleep. They would remove EVERY refrence of blood from it. Like I said, Cartoon Network don't dub. 4Kids does. They did Pokemon, Megaman NT Warrior (At least they changed the name so it won't get associated with the somewhat BETTER EXE series. Yeah, I just called the EXE series better than something. Therefore, that something sucks) and other random things. No one likes them

Level 23
You think YOU got it bad? Try living in the Netherlands. They are going to completely translate Naruto into DUTCH. If there's anything more horrible a language to watch an anime in, it'd be german.

Know what they're gonna call it?

No?

Wanna know?

I'll tell you.

They are going to call it...

NARUTO EN DE REUSACHTIGE MONSTER VOS.

Now of course you do not understand dutch, otherwise I'd have you vomiting up your bowels. So I'll translate it back to english, even though that doesn't do its' horribleness (new word?) justice.

translated, the title of the dutch version of Naruto in english would be:

"Naruto, and the giant fox monster."

HURRAY. /homicide

Level 23
VGsatomi said:
Yeah, I hear Europe gets the *** end of everything in regards to anime. That's too bad...

Dutch, in my opinon, has never been a "pretty" or graceful European language to listen to, unlike French or Spanish (Spain ver, not Mexican) or even German...
-VGsatomi

Whoa there buddy. I agree with you, but you're somewhat off the scale there. Allow me to illustrate.

Language Fancyness Scale:

0 <G---------------------C-D-------------P-IS-E-F> 100

C: sCandinavian languages
D: Dutch
E: English
F: French
G: German
I: Italian
P: Portugese
S: Spanish

Level 12
@VGsatomi: I think you meant the Oriental audiences instead of American. America just wants to censor those stuff out for little kids. Saying the least, Japanease simply believe in uncensorship. That's why I've been hearing lots of complaints from my friends about Naruto. Yes, I haven't watched Naruto that much, but at least it got my attention.

@GreyArchon (and everyone else living in Europe): Ya, I know how you feel. It's simply bad enough that the translation is always screwed. So it's probably why anime isn't too popular in Europe.

Yep, I don't think I can stand watching Amercian animes. But what's worst is that America tries to imitate anime style. I'm getting a bit disturbed that America doesn't want to introduce some oriental culture especially when they change all the Japanese names.

Level 9
SeaGull1723 said:
Yep, I don't think I can stand watching Amercian animes. But what's worst is that America tries to imitate anime style. I'm getting a bit disturbed that America doesn't want to introduce some oriental culture especially when they change all the Japanese names.

Well america has now their own anime so therefore they no longer need to import japanesse anime to let its people watch instead they can now make their own. But as for me I like japanesse anime.

Level 12
VGsatomi said:
I don't think I can stand watching Amercian animes. But what's worst is that America tries to imitate anime style. I'm getting a bit disturbed that America doesn't want to introduce some oriental culture especially when they change all the Japanese names.

Dont...

get...

me....

started...

with....

those.... *twitch*

Sorry satomi. I just wanted to say that America always tries to be hip.(Yeah, blame me for starting this thread.)

Level 22
Well america has now their own anime so therefore they no longer need to import japanesse anime to let its people watch instead they can now make their own.

Watch Japanese anime (I mean REAL Japanese anime, not that pitiful DBZ excuse), then watch the "look, we can do it too" American anime....then come back here and try saying that again...

-VGsatomi

Level 9
VGsatomi said:
Watch Japanese anime (I mean REAL Japanese anime, not that pitiful DBZ excuse), then watch the "look, we can do it too" American anime....then come back here and try saying that again...

-VGsatomi

Ive seen samurai X not the series but the more serious & selected bloody episodes & I think the look is superb. Btw, I am not fond of DBZ & the issue is not whether the one can outdo the other & in this regard I would like to make it clear because for some reason your words set warning to my heart. But for american anime I havent seen one perhaps by accident in w/c I was careless or just being extremely entertained that I 4got everything & if that is a crime then I am guilty of it. What is always in my mind is that american cartoons are very distinctive from japanesse because the way the eyes,face,hair & etc.. are drawn. Both has its own charms & I gave my eternal respect to them for the dreams/fantasy they had given me since the time they came & invaded my world.
---
harper

Level 22
Don't get me wrong. There's nothing (much) wrong with American animation. Some studios, mainly just recently, have produced some incredible work. Americans and Japanese look at animation differently. In Japan is simply another media to portray stories, in America its Saturday morning cartoons for kids. SOme of you may say thats changing, but its NOT changing rapidly. I am not bashing American animation, I'm bashing American ANIME (i.e. the attemps to actually mimic the Japanese-style, including all its art forms and character designs). So matter how they draw the characters, American animators simply cant ger the whole Saturday-morning-scenerios out of their head. If Anime is to be done, let it be done like the original creators, not the childish-like "Kim possible" only drawn with "Tenchi-muyo" style characters...
-VGsatomi

For true anime lovers out: Believe it or not, Naruto will be broadcasted on Cartoon Network in quarter 3. Woohoo I'm guessing most of you are probably going, eh? Yah, I'm am TOTALLY AGAINST IT. Why? Cartoon Network rips every single American who watches TV Cable way too much from an actual anime. They just going to butcher it and leave it out for Americans. I'd like to know your opinions even if you don't like anime or just plain Naruto itself Oh wait, the butchering pretty much applies to every anime.
..uhhh, dont watch it?
seriously, you guys are obsessed...
seem this is why i dont get too involded with anime any more, anime fans out there take it too seriously..

Level 12
Blargh. Might as well just say it. The American tv industry is getting blander and blander.

Anyway, you really shouldn't call me too much of an anime fan since I'm not watching as much. I just simply know who are the real artists and dumb@$$'s who try to imitate it.

@Afroknight: I wouldn't say obsessed. I just hate the idea of idiotic American animators who take too much into their **@ppy animation.

Level 5
I think even some children's anime in Japan are uncensored....
(I watched this...show called...Mojako...it had...L.O.L, sometimes it had a naked boy...lol)
*sob*...Those stupid dubbers created anime haters...possibly some young Asian racists...

If you've ever been to the Phillipines...You won't believe how stupid the Tagalog translations are for Anime....
There's this show called...

Ghost Fighters
And you know what....THIS IS YU YU HAKUSHO!!!!
They completely renamed the Characters!
Yusuke = Eugene
Kurama = Dennis
Kuwabara = Alfred
......(That...other guy....with the black hair...) = Vincent

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! THEY ALSO TRANSLATED FUSHIGI YUGI!

Much worse voice-overs than Mojako...
(No, I don't live in the Phillipines...I visited...)

Level 9
Dark Destroyer said:
If you've ever been to the Phillipines...You won't believe how stupid the Tagalog translations are for Anime....
There's this show called...

Ghost Fighters
And you know what....THIS IS YU YU HAKUSHO!!!!
They completely renamed the Characters!
Yusuke = Eugene
Kurama = Dennis
Kuwabara = Alfred
......(That...other guy....with the black hair...) = Vincent

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! THEY ALSO TRANSLATED FUSHIGI YUGI!

Much worse voice-overs than Mojako...
(No, I don't live in the Phillipines...I visited...)

What :shock: yOu have visited Philippines!
But Dark Destroyer that is the only thing we have there. Besides the GMA network has limited dubbers & they are not stupid.

Level 12
Yah. I figured mainland America is worse than Hawaii(we have lots of orientals).

And for our sake, we orientals have always requested an anime channel and what do they do? They send in more butchered anime shows and insult us through imitation. I mean, why are those Americans being pompous bastards? Do they give a d@** about the idea of anime? if it ain't for your child, then they're not to watch it. Otherwise, stupid American families like that aren't keeping to their words.

Level 5
SeaGull1723 said:
Yah. I figured mainland America is worse than Hawaii(we have lots of orientals).

And for our sake, we orientals have always requested an anime channel and what do they do? They send in more butchered anime shows and insult us through imitation. I mean, why are those Americans being pompous *******? Do they give a d@** about the idea of anime? if it ain't for your child, then they're not to watch it. Otherwise, stupid American families like that aren't keeping to their words.

ISn't there like...an anime channel in America...called Anime Network? I watched some anime on Anime On Demand on Comcast...but...they said they have a channel?

Level 22
ISn't there like...an anime channel in America...called Anime Network? I watched some anime on Anime On Demand on Comcast...but...they said they have a channel?

Read Seagull's last post. He hit the nail square on the head. The only way to get decent anime now it to either get fansubs, buy commerical unbutchered verions or buy/download raw.
-VGsatomi

Level 12
@Dark Destoryer: I highly doubt that. As far as I'm concerned:

1. They've never put any animes worth watching on that Japanese channel (Hawaii exclusive?)

2. If there were, I wouldn't be posting this topic (unless I have been left out :cry: )

3. If they did, then why are they still butchering animes and putting it on Cartoon Network? There's no point to butchering more animes if there was a seperate channel where our "mature" audience could switch to.

Level 9
Dark Destroyer said:
Just realized you're FROM the Philippines...lol...
Indeed I came into being 20 yrs ago thither.

SeaGull1723 said:

And for our sake, we orientals have always requested an anime channel and what do they do? They send in more butchered anime shows and insult us through imitation. I mean, why are those Americans being pompous *******? Do they give a d@** about the idea of anime? if it ain't for your child, then they're not to watch it. Otherwise, stupid American families

I agree w/ you Seagull. I think they treating us unfairly by sending butchered anime shows because they simply think that we have a shallow satisfaction for these kind of stuffs.

Level 5
Would've been better if they sent subtitled Japanese Anime...>.<
I mean....why waste time not doing so...young kids don't appreciate some anime...because they don't make sense to them...and teens, they read fast enough to watch subtitled shows...

Level 12
Dark Destroyer said:
I mean....why waste time not doing so...young kids don't appreciate some anime...because they don't make sense to them...and teens, they read fast enough to watch subtitled shows...

Exactly what every oriental in America wants. And yet like I said they keep on insulting orientals by giving us edited **@p. The only way to get any subtitled ones are to import them (unless you live in Hawaii and manage to find a copy.)

Level 9
Dark Destroyer said:

Well infact I always hungered for subtitles in any shows.

Level 25
American censorship laws are funny

They go on whining about someone showing her breasts in their big false football thing, while most other countries wouldn't have minded

Now, if someone in America could get interested in politics and become the president of said place, PLEASE get rid of the fecking censorship over there, FORCE 4Kids to shut down and dub animes yourself if you have to. Any parents complain? Tell them to let their kids watch something intended for kids

Level 11
I know how to fix the problems!

Learn Japanese....and go to Japan...

AND WATCH THE ANIME THERE!:eek:

Behold problem solved. All thanks to my amazing use of logic.

/bows

/sarcasm off

Or...deal with it and go buy some manga. They're so much better than anime in my oh so humble opinion.

Level 3
Imported Anime DVDs are the best. Subtitles are good if you don't know Japanese, but I prefer to use them without, more authentic:). Hey, even if I have to watch them 5 times to understand everything, it's still fine wtih me.

Mangas are very good to, and alot of the Japanese-to-American mangas censor out alot, so it's better to get the Japanese ones.

I occasionally watch Cartoon Network, but yes the anime's suck. One not-so-sucky one though is Teen Titans. Since all the artists are Japanese, I was wonderin whether they originally showed that in Japan. maybe VG could answer that.... I have all da Naruto DVD's directly from Japan! I visited Japan and got em! Its one of my favorite Japanese shows/series.

Level 9
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
I visited Japan and got em! Its one of my favorite Japanese shows/series.

Wow :shock: you visited japan! I want to go there to earn money & go back at the philippines & become rich simply because you can earn amount of money there in just few months where here the equivalent will be a year or so. So, when i have enough money i will buy those DVD's o I can satisfy myself. :D .

Level 12
Forgetting one thing about Japan, harper. Like satomi said, it's darn expensive. Residency has taken generations of families to pay off for it.

Level 22
The artists for teen titans were not Japanese. They just used the same classic American animation techniques but with Japanese-style character designs. The show's story/sequence/animation quality is no different then your average mass-produced disney-style afternoon cartoon, but since they know anime is the current hit among many people, they tried (and failed miserably, I migh add) to target those porential viewers by implementing anime stlye character designs. All it all I consider it a travesty. Japanese attempts to mimic Disney's animation (movies, not TV series) have been equally horrid, thats why they stick to their own stlye and not try to follow the "me too" complex that America in unfortunatly seeing very much of...American and Japanese animation are two completely different worlds that dont merge together very well...its best to keep things authentic in either way.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.