• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why can i still select my dummys even though i gave them locust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is weird. I used locust fine on 1 of my dummys, but now, on 2 of my dummys, i can still select them. I also gave them Crow Form aswell, and if you change the dummy to crow, THEN back, you cant select them. Is this causing the problem? cant you have crow form and locust at the same time?

Level 8
Well, i dont want him to go crow form. I just want to change the flying height, so instead of adding it in the triggers, i just put it in his abilities

ps. thx for the uber fast reply :s

edit: even if i just add locust with no other abilities, the dummy can still be selected, wtf? Why is this happening to only 2/5 of my dummys?

Last edited:
Level 8
If you make your dummy a flying unit in the object editor and give it height of 1 you can modify its fly height without using crow form or meta and such.

Level 8
What i did: I copy/pasted from a dummy which has locust and you cant select him. So all the abilities are there, and i just changed the model, and name, but i can still select my new one. I will attach the map to see what you can make out of it. The dummys that can be selected are called "Rasenshuriken Dummy" and "Sand Spear". All the other dummys cant be selected

Attachments

• Naruto Test Spells.w3x
    457.4 KB · Views: 36
Level 8
The rasenshuriken model. When he throws it, i made a dummy unit with the rasenshuriken model. you can select that :(
and what do you mean remove the shades?

Level 8
Oh, dont do that then. Surely theres a fix in the object editor for this..

offtopic: How do you change your thing under your name where it says "User"? Like yours says Im a boot.

Level 8
Yeh i know, their not mui and leak a little in each. Im just practicing xD But this bug is really weird..

Level 8
Thx for the reply, but im basing all the units off of Footman. Some work, some dont. Maybe it is just the models, im not sure... last thing ive come down to though..

Level 8
Yes. im practicing some naruto spells if you look at the map. Is there a way to check if they can have locust or not?
Ive also seen the models in another map though, and they have had locust, OR they are a special effect.
Can you make a moving special effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.