• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with ability, and picking units with locust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey ya. Got a problem, and ive tested out many ways to fix it, but i "caaant get it riight" like Muse says.

K. Tower with ability: Trueshoot Aura
Trueshot aura requires a unit; Night ( a dummy unit with locust )
When in-game time of day turns 18.00 i create a "Night" for each player.
Then the "Requires - Night" texts disappears from the ability icon and the ability works just fine.

The problem is how to get rid of these dumb dummys "Night" when clock strikes 6.00. I cant pick them with a:
"unit group - pick every unit matching unit type = night" cuz of the locust.

Ive also tested adding an expiration timer to the unit, it worked for short times, but not for 240 seconds, which is how long my night is.
Mind! I cant use a wait trigger inside the "creation trigger" for the "night" units.

So, the problem is this ability, locust, that makes the unit unselectable in-game. Without this ability on the "Night" unit it all works fine, BUT the white dot shows on the minimap, and thats really ugly.

But i really want to use a unit for the requirement since the text "Requires - Night" is so nice and makes people understand how it works.

Do you know a way to fix this? Kickin myslef meanwhile u figure out an answer :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.