• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Why Beastmaster and not Lava Lord?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lava lord or Beastmaster?
I want to compare their skills and show that beastmaster has no role and shouldn't be picked, sure, I want to hear people who think otherwize.

Lets start with Lava Lord :
1 skill: damage over time, silence , can stop enemy potm starfall.
2nd skill: summon lava spawn , together with wand of illusion and some micro , the summoned can survive long enought to split few times giving summoned unit for free.-dies from dispell-:goblin_boom:
3rd skill: A bit stronger attack , when facing mass of weak units like netural or militia they explode nicely to make mass death , on stronger units it makes some fair extra damage , on enemies it wont work since if they run back it get counted start to the first value (max 3)

Ultimate: a skill used to deal massive damage to enemy base + towers, reminds of lich ultimate range in the older version, stun and damages allies but not the hero who cast it, recommanded if need to stun kotg in his base , etc.

Now lets go for Raxxar :
1st skill: summon a misha , a bear that last few minutes and on higher levels have small bash , on the last level it can blink which is pointless since he is a melee unit and cant really use that for nothing more than sneak behind base.
-dies from dispell-:goblin_boom:
2nd skill: summon a quillbeast, a ranged unit that on higher levels has faster attack and splash attack and can be summoned very rapidly (but the summoner is strength hero that has no mana to summon)
-dies from dispell-:goblin_boom:
3rd skill: summon hawk - a normal scouting unit on level 1 of the hero and when the hero reach level 3 , u can have an "early" air unit that can die easily from shooting units that acheaveable on tier 1, the damage it deals is magic type which deals 25% extra damage on grunts / tauren / etc. can go invisable on level 3 and become a bit harder to kill , not easy to be targeted for dispell and hard to be detected unless enemy got ward. - harder to dispell -

Ultimate:
couse 50 damage per lizzard which running toward enemy units , 4 lizzards per 2 second, great for killing base when ur allies inside so the lava lord has disadvantage, but on the other hand , lava lord ultimate stuns , which make it also last longer when other unit tries to stun the caster.

ok so now the conclude:
disadvantages:
---------------
1) Beastmaster ultimate is more friendly than lava lord
2) as a strength hero he take 2-3 more hits before his death
3) worthless if the enemy got dispellers. << case closed :ogre_haosis:

Advantage:
--------------
1) raxxar is hopeless againts starfall, and other mega channelings :)neap:) , since he cant stun well. (try to send the bear and hope for bash? unlikly)
2) lava lord is a ranged hero and therefore does not get invlove in damage taking / healing purching.
3) good anti unit as well as anti hero spell , can make both hero or knight useless with soul burn.:nemor: << can't go bear!!!
4) thou lava lord DOES have a summoned unit that dies from dispell, he is not based ONLY on summoning skills and can still be usefull if the enemy got the best dispellers.

conclution:
----------
next time you about to pick netural hero and u want one of those two, think twise.

please tell me what you think.
thanks

Last edited:
So you're comparing these two in the basic game or ONLY in a 1 vs 1 battle?

I don't see a point actually comparing these two heroes in 1 vs 1 fight because Beast Master would win anyway.

In a global bnet game, my point is that raxxar will be worthless if enemy gets dispell and become a bad of a choise hero.
edit: and he can't use decent stun which make his role to be a summoner that can take a bit damage and can't really summon without pots of mana. I dont understand why they made this hero.
second edit: http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/beastmaster.shtml
http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/firelord.shtml
They have really good comparing engeen , try it.
note: there is a bug "Range: 55" of lava lord , he has much more than that

Why Pitlord when I'm undead?

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/pitlord.shtml

I will tell a tactic of using pitlord for having the most benefits.

disadvantage:
----------------

- pit lord get healed from coil and damaged from holy light , bad choose unless undead.

disadvantage:
-------------
+ great to be used if you have a death knight
+ pit lord is the strenght based hero with allmost the fastest attack speed in the game (2.05) , but Tauren cheiften has it also and an aura (so he is the fastest).

1st skill- Rain of noob fire, makes damage on peons if choosed as first hero harrasher so you might gain some exp using this, I truly hate this skill due to its easy to avoid by running away and its forcing to channeling which makes ur 3rd skill useless.

Quote of Aeroblyctos: as human: Blizzad, Flame Strike and Rain Of Fire together is a devastating combination.

2nd skill- howl of pro terror, this spell combined with banshe curse missing 33% , makes 20 knight to make each 5 damage per second, it can be even further increased if you have level 3 panda miss buff, making mass gryphons to deal 3 damage per second.

3rd skill- a splash attack up to 80% which not interfear with orbs effects like -5 armor. The splash attack has nothing to do with the damage the unit took , it will allways and only do 80% of the hero damage, reduced by armor reducing for each and any unit the damage is dealt to.

4th skill- free kill againts less than level 6 units and summon, in bnet system level 6+ hero will not obtain exp and will steal his allies part of exp without using it, exepts for pit lord :D since he can use this skill on some 1-5 level creep , then run off letting another hero to have his exp , and helping even more using the doom guard, can silence units that their spell makes u angree like spirit walker which you simply can't touch but can fully kill using this, the doom guard has chaos attack that with mass belistra can kill easier the main hall of enemy and finnaly, he has stun againts potm or kotg ultimate problam.

Recommanded items:
1) pot of lesser invulnerability from shop.
2) teleporting stuff.
3) attack damage increasers
4) orb ( % of 5 damage to splashed unit, whatever orb it is )
5) strength items for survival and extra damage
6) mana reg for more how of terror

go to enemy base with teleport stuff and invul pot , make fire waves untill the enemy comes to defend - if the enemy have stun and can kill u fast, go invul , else simply teleport back without losing the pot.
attack and heal with death knight, the splash , +damage from any possible orb is allways 30% of 5 damage to the splashed units.

Next: alchemist

Last edited:
Why Goblin Alchemist? he is blue!.:goblin_wtf:

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/goblinalchemist.shtml

Ok first of all , I don't know why they did it but there you have it: a melee hero with air based attack 0.0 :vw_wtf:

Disadvantage:
- got spell that heals enemy units. :goblin_jawdrop:

Advantage:
+got the most high base damage in the game, starting = 41.5 avarage damage and on level 6 = 57.5 on level 7=60.5 - when you have level 3 chemical rage, yet allowed to use on air units without an orb. :goblin_yeah:

1st skill: healing waves for creeping only - since in battle the enemy might simply run into this and heal itself, it can't be used well as a trap where you force the enemy to run into it in order to live, no player will run low hp into his enemy spell and even if he did , he will simply run fast back as fast as he came.:goblin_cry:

2nd skill: chemical rage - increases attack speed (combined with super high base attack damge) , move speed (for run away or chase) , and if was made with good timing - can avoid storm bolt mid air.
:goblin_boom: >>:goblin_sleep: survived ^^

3rd skill: Acid bomb - a damaging spell that also increase the damage dealt to the enemy both from the spell itself and your hero attacks damage, can be comboned nicely with orb of -5 armor if your allies have undead. it works well on units that stand close - therfore it best for creeping with.

4rt skill: Transmute - whenever you have this skill run into enemy base and use it , then run back using teleport wand or chemical runspeed. recommanded not to use any mana so as soon as this available you can use it. when you and your enemy run out of gold and gold mines, you will survive better :D. (best use againt dragons for their gold cost and value as dead unit of enemy):goblin_sleep:

Recommanded items:
1) orb - thou not a must since u can freely attack air (curruption the best).
2) boots of speed - no aura nor spell grants 50% move speed, only chimical rage - have it, and with boots you have full game speed (or near it).
3) attack damage items

Recommanded buffs (orc/elf) : :goblin_good_job:
kodo aura
bear roar

Level 37
Beast Master is a fine hero in 1v1 or 2v2 battles. But in 3v3 and 4v4 when there are many units few summons in a battle doesn't help much. Except if all players in one side have that Beast Master and do mass summoning which can be good at the beginning but sooner or later won't be that wise anymore.

As for Pit Lord I use it with human in 3v3 or 4v4 battles. Blizzad, Flame Strike and Rain Of Fire together is a devastating combination.

Goblin Alchemist is shit. It has been proven so many times, it's not good in any kind of game. But if you insist to use it, then perhaps 1v1 because he's like Demon Hunter: attack focused hero.

Level 20
I used to play Alche + Firelord in solo with Orcs.

Armor reduction from Acid Bomb boosts Orcs' big damage even more and Alchemist deals sometimes even more dps than Blademaster if you pull out a nice Enrage. Firelord's Lava Spawns can make your creeping a lot easier and it kinda forces enemies to focus your summons unless they want to die. They most likely dont kill Spirit Linked Grunts and Raiders before lava spawns already start multiplying. Silence is used kinda like Hex to prevent enemy Heroes from escaping or killing you. You need a bit more max mana to spam it enough in clashes but its fine.

The biggest con of this is that almost everyon are relying on BM + SH combo.

Level 6
So are we talking just Tavern heroes? Because I usually prefer the race heroes depending on what race I am, though if I go for a tavern hero it'll usually be the banshee ranger, not the toughest hero, but useful to use with other heroes, does a fair bit of damage, has life drain, silences large groups and summons skeletons when she kills things. Also has Charm which I think is great for using on expensive enemy units, especially when your already food capped, you then get over food capped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.