• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who would win?

Who would win?

• [First combat] Grommash Hellscream (Normal)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • [First combat] Arthas Menethil (Paladin)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • [Second combat] Grommash Hellscream (Possessed)

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • [Second combat] Arthas Menethil (Death Knight)

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hello everyone, I have never posted this kind of thing but it occurred to me because it's related to the current project that I'm uploading. It's simple, the usual, a "Who would win?"

First combat:
Grommash Hellscream (Normal) vs Arthas Menethil (Paladin)

Second combat:
Grommash Hellscream (Possessed) vs Arthas Menethil (Death Knight)

It's silly but I'm curious to hear good arguments and the reasons why you think one or the other would win.

Regards.

PS: You can vote by choosing one of each combat.

Before voting, I tried to create a custom map with 3 players. One player is me the human, one player is Grom with a level 10 hero, and one player is Arthas with a level 10 hero. Then Grom and Arthas share me full shared unit control even though they are enemies (using a basic trigger), so I could control their fights to help me think about this problem.

The fights were a little bit chaotic because the computer players used their abilities without me asking them to. However, although I expected that Grom Hellscream (Possessed) would win because of his chaos damage, what I saw in practice was that Death Coil is overpowered and can be used to kill Grom (Possessed) in that fight. Even if the possessed Grom tries to use Bladestorm to become immune to magic, the Unholy Aura lets the undead Arthas run away from that fight quickly and wait until he is ready to start casting Death Coil again.

So, I voted based on my practice sessions with the level 10 heroes, which showed me that although the longest fight was the first combat with the paladin using Divine Shield, the winner in that case was Grom whereas in my practice session for the evil/corrupted heroes the winner was Arthas because of Death Coil being able to snipe the enemy Grom. However, the corrupted fight was fairly evenly matched and the Death Knight Arthas could lose if he allowed himself to be distracted by illusions, whereas in the uncorrupted heroes fight there was probably not a way that Arthas (Paladin) would win unless if he had a backup army where he could benefit more from his skills as a support hero (which was something I did not test).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Arthas. Grom was a melee auto attack hero (blade master base) and Heroes of the Storm has shown that Arthas hard counters melee auto attack heroes due to his Frozen Tempest and good sustain.

Sadly, this battle will never happen due to Blizzard axing development of Heroes of the Storm :( Instead all he can do is fight and win against his son Garrosh Hellscream.

Status
Not open for further replies.