• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who Will Win?: Starcraft vs Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a stupid question. there are no winners in this fight. both games have a huge fanbase, starcraft is more modable but then again in my experience making it too easy for people makes the modding less fun. you barely have any challenge, as in warcraft the modding is also nice and a bit harder thus giving people a chalange. it's just the same whit alot of game, they never die realy there are always times a game gets popular again. therefor this question is futile, there just is NO answer.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

The only real thing I see much different for editing in Sc2 is that it will have decent mouse register triggers

Level 14
Fantasy > Sci-Fi. That's all.
Fantasy: You deal with magic. Miracles = Magic.
Sci-Fi: You deal with nukes. Kill yourself = nukes.
Fantasy: Big bad voodoo Then Divine Shield.
Sci-Fi: *casts nuke*
Nothing happens.
Fantasy: *brings Archimonde with Divine armor*
Sci-Fi: *nukes archimonde*
Nothing happens.
Fantasy: *Archimondes launches rain of chaos, and attacks*
Sci-Fi owned.

Level 9
Nothing happens.
Nothing happens.
Sci-Fi owned.

Yea, definitely no bias there at all, wow you sure showed us SC fans... *Mind Controls archimonde with dark arch and sends him back to azeroth alongside an Arbiter*

Level 16
GF's Space Orcs rapes Terrans. Plus, if the technology in WC is as advanced in SC, WC will win by default. MOST races in WC can use magic, while SC only has two, Xel'naga and Protoss (Zerg is counted as biological corruption. Similiar on how the Scourge's plague works).

Level 5
i greatly prefer the warcraft universe to starcraft in every aspect, but in the long run i'm pretty sure starcraft would easily own warcraft

Level 26
Nothing happens.
Nothing happens.
Sci-Fi owned.
You fail at fiction forever.

Level 19
Warcraft wins hands down... Look at the games inside, and its community (it was made earlier too, plus it continues in WoW) and Warcraft III is still running, remember that...

Level 19
Actually, without either, both wouldn't really exist like they do now... It's thanks to AoS maps which made people get the idea to make DotA, which got Warcraft popular...

Level 27
Well, DoTA came much later than the game become poular, firstly it become some popular becauce it was made by Bllizard, which is one of the most experienced game creating companies, also becauce it had a great gameplay and balance, had a great storyline and was a sequel of previous Warcrafts, which were great for them times too.

Level 7
Well, You see it all...
Warcraft 1,2,3, frozen throne and WoW (The most played MMORPG of our time),
Starcraft 1,2...
I really fucking hate that futuristic look, 'cuz you never know what will happen in the future.
BUT, In warcraft, you know that there were the knights, footmen, swordsmen... (Of course not considering orcs, undead, night elves...)
SO:
Warcraft :thumbs_up:
Starcraft :thumbs_down:

and, not only that, but... Oh, come on, tell me that Warcraft isn't more charming than Starcraft...

Level 25
Well, You see it all...
Starcraft 1,2...
I really fucking hate that futuristic look, 'cuz you never know what will happen in the future.
BUT, In warcraft, you know that there were the knights, footmen, swordsmen... (Of course not considering orcs, undead, night elves...)
SO:

and, not only that, but... Oh, come on, tell me that Warcraft isn't more charming than Starcraft...

Who can resist the charm of a drunk Raynor?

they cannot fight, why?

starcraft -> minerals,vespene gas
warcraft -> wood,gold

They dont have the same resources! a team cannot produce units if they play on the other realm... ex. if they fight at azeroth, starcraft cannot build units so they will lose and if they play at the starcraft universe then warcraft cannot build units and they will lose...

Level 26
Well, You see it all...
Starcraft 1,2...
SO:
...This thread just gets worse and worse.

Okay, let's use your logic. Yeah, swords and knights exist. So do guns. And soldiers!

What's that, you say? They're different guns? And spaceships that we don't necessarily know will be created? WELL CLEARLY MAGIC IS MORE FEASIBLE, BUDDY! DERP DERP DERP

It's called fiction. Whether you call it nanotechnology or psionic energy or mana or elves or Protoss or anything else, magic is magic is magic is magic. That's why Warcraft is fantasy and not historical.

The difference between fantasy and science fiction? Aesthetics.
Warcraft isn't more charming than Starcraft.

Level 19
I think this thread was meant to start flame wars... Warcraft and Starcraft are both good, we're a Warcraft community, while Starcraft has its other good points...

Level 26
My main gripe with WC3 is that the races are really samey, that is, they're pretty much the same race with a couple checks and balances. Same 3-tier main HQ, same set of basic infantry unit, cavalry, artillery, etc. ad nauseum.

Starcraft is somewhat better in this regard. Of course, there's these workers and that workers, but they don't mirror each other as much, something that many modern RTS's would do well to follow. Seriously. In fact, I'd even venture out and say that this is the reason Starcraft does so well to this day. It manages to keep a large variety of tech trees and unit abilities while maintaining a good balance.

Also, I am of the opinion that sci-fi >> fantasy. Just 'cuz.

Level 5
Diablo wins.
lol

in my opinion, starcraft probably would have the powers at its disposal to say, bombard a planet from space, but the three races are caught in a free-for-all: If say, Terrans and Protoss leave to attack the Warcraft world, they would be overrun by zerg. Zerg could infest the warcraft world, but magic would prevent that.

warcraft wouldn't have the technology (except for dranei) to travel in space, but a bit of magic (The Dark Portal and Spells) could ensure victory (until they get nuked) but, orcs are not interested in inter stellar travel anymore and the burning legion is concentrating on Azeroth. The titans and the aspects never did anything and will not do so in the future.

So, in short, the two universes will NEVER meet.

Level 16
Really. Is this Thread still active?
Anyway, lets put it on a simple, peaceful way:
1. Starcraft Wins on Technologies. But the Lore wasn't that great. Pick if you want Technology.
2. Warcraft Wins on Lore. But Technologies aren't really advanced (More like Steampunk-Style). Pick if you want an Amazing Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.