• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who will take up the Frozen Throne Campaign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
As I announced a while ago, I do not intend to do the Frozen Throne Campaign.
However, I do want this project to be finished,
So this thread is going to be left open for anyone who is interested in taking up the challenge!
And if you do well, you will even gain the support of this small forum!

However, if you do start this you will need to be dedicated, and any decisions along the way will be up to you.
Also do not expect to recieve lessons or anything from me, you should be skilled enough yourself to do this, I can still maybe lend a hand from time-to-time though.
And you will only recieve the support of this forum if you successfully do atleast 3 maps of a high standard.
However none of this means I won't take an interest, I will definitely play them and give my own opinions.

If you are only interested in doing just one of the campaigns, or perhaps the orc special campaign then thats fine too!

Last edited:
Level 3
ohh will be a great... challenge.. well.. iam decline.. iam lame.. with the map editor (..mi basic and limited english skills will be mi first enemy) xD

Level 5
If this serves as an incentive for anyone: the TFT campaign is a lot easier to adapt for two players than the RoC, because, most of the chapters, you have 2 bases or 2 heroes, sometimes even 3 heroes, so the changes should not be that hard. =)

Level 18
Actually, there are some rather hard scenarios.
For example, in the night elf campaign, you would use Maiev and Naisha for the first and second map. However, Naisha, along with every night elf, besides Maiev, who ventured into the Tomb of Sargeras dies halfway through the third map. So second player has no hero and all Night Elves are gone... Perhaps some strange Naisha's spirit accompanies you stuff.
You would also have to create a whole new hero for the fourth map.

Then, there's the sixth map and you have three heroes. I don't know how you could make that work. Perhaps two heroes for every player for this one map?
Yeah, so it would be something like this:
Chapter One = Maiev + Naisha
Chapter Two = Maiev + Naisha
Chapter Three = Maiev + Naisha (Later Naisha's Spirit)
Chapter Four = Maiev + New Hero
Chapter Five = Maiev and Tyrande + New Hero and Malfurion
Chapter Six = Maiev + Tyrande
Chapter Seven = Maiev + Malfurion
Chapter Eight = Malfurion + Illidan
And there are even more problems. On chapter 6 and chapter 7 second player controls a max level hero, while the other is gaining levels.
This problem would also be present for the whole of the undead campaign, where Arthas loses levels while Anub'arak gains them.

Human Campaign isn't too difficult.
Chapter One = Kael
Chapter Two = Kael + Vashj
Chapter Three = Kael + Vashj
Chapter Four = Kael + Vashj
Chapter Five = Kael + Vashj + Illidan
Chapter Six = Kael + Vashj + Illidan + Akama

Chapter One = Kael + New Hero
Chapter Two = Kael + Vashj
Chapter Three = Kael + Vashj
Chapter Four = Kael + Vashj
Chapter Five = Kael + Vashj (Illidan is only available when you secure a Portal and he closes it.)
Chapter Six = Kael and Akama + Vashj and Illidan (So that second player has all amphibious heroes.)
And then there's the undead campaign. That one is simply impossible.

Level 5
Oh, it is so easy for most of the chapters:

For NE campaign, don't use Naisha, create a Warden hero (based on the Wardens you kill in NE campaign when Tyrande releases Illidian, because that new hero will also need a Blink ability.

Chapter 1: P1=Maiev / P2=New Warden hero;
Chapter 2: P1=Maiev / P2=New Warden hero;
Chapter 3: P1=Maiev / P2=New Warden hero;
Chapter 4: P1=Maiev / P2=New Warden hero;
Chapter 5: P1=Tyrande and Malfurion / P2=Maiev and her base;
Chapter 6: P1=Maiev / P2 Tyrande;
Chapter 7: P1=Maiev and Malfurion later the Paladin / P2 Kael and his base;
Chapter 8: P1=Illidian and his base / P2 Malfurion and his useless base.

For Humans, create a new hero base on a Spell Breaker or a tanker hero:

Chapter 1: P1=Kael / P2=New Hero;
Chapter 2: P1=Kael / P2=New Hero;
Chapter 3: P1=Kael / P2=Naga;
Secret Chapter: P1=Kael / P2=Naga;
Chapter 4: P1=Kael and Panda / P2=Naga;
Chapter 5: P1=Kael and Illidian / P2=Naga;
Chapter 6: P1=Kael and Illidian / P2=Naga and Akama;

For Undeads is not difficult too and you may use the same hero as you guys used in RoC:

Chapter 1: P1=Arthas and Sylvanas / P2=Lich;
Chapter 2: P1=Arthas / P2=New Hero;
Chapter 3: P1=Sylvanas / P2=New Hero based on a Banshee (maybe);
Chapter 4: P1=Arthas / P2=Crypt Lord;
Chapter 5: P1=Sylvanas / P2=Varimathras; (I don't remember if he is playable)
Chapter 6: don't remember that chapter =/
Chapter 7: P1=Arthas / P2=Crypt Lord. When they split up, makes both play at the same time, so while the CL kills the enemies, Arthas pass trought the labyrinth;
Chapter 8: P1=Arthas / P2=CL.

Off course you will need to create new bases for some chapters.

Level 5
I know. I am not saying that people must do that, I am just giving ideas and showing that this may be easier than it looks like, so people don't be afraid to assume such responsibility. ^^

Level 2
UD campaign 1st and 6th scenario should be 3P in my opinion. In both cases we have the hero that doesn't appear again in campaign (Kel'Thuzad and Garithos) so that makes things easier. In Chapter 2 I would like to add Falric for the last time, he could lose lvl with Arthas. Chapter 3 is in the most problematic one, but the best solutian it's just to make random banshee hero, there could be an easter egg on ulti's placement...
You know, I would really like to keep it on (at least UD campaign), but my WE skills are below acceptable... So that must be another one.

Level 12
I, for one, think that McQva is best fit to handle the TFT Campaign. However, it is up to him to decide whether or not he can take this huge responsibility.

Level 18
Thought I would let you guys know that I'm now coding a custom hero for the night elf levels. However, this does not mean that I'm 100% sure that I'll do the campaign.
I will post a test map for this custom hero when it's done. I still have two empty ability slots. I need a basic ability and an ultimate. If you have any ideas, you can post them here.

EDIT: I've moved the off-topic details to the thread mentioned above.

Last edited:
Level 3
I might try to make the TFT Human, before I do that though I'd need to figure out the Save/Load system. If someone could point to me the one TheSpoon used I might try it out.
Edit: Reason I ask this is for testing the system (I'm too lazy to look at TheSpoon's stuff and paste it into an empty map)

Level 2
Why doesnt everyone make one map and when you decide who wil be the new character simply add him
you coud spare a lot of time on that way

Level 3
I am slightly interested. I am a very busy fellow as you no doubt are as well. My only negativity to this situation is the AI (the Insane AI, the normal I can just use the default bliz) and how inefficient Blizzard's triggers are, to the point of having to remake the entire cinematics (something I've never enjoyed and never fully explored). I will view your triggers (cinematic style) and respond here about the whole cinematic idea. However, that wont be till later tonight (if I'm lucky) or tomorrow night.
In the end it matters how easy the Human Campaign [TFT] is to make (most of it is timeconsuming work and test-fix).
Edit: Turns out my school has been canceled tomorrow so I will look over things now.
Edit2: I think I'll attempt the first human map and I'll get back to you with the result. In the meantime, where can I post for a 2nd hero idea? I'm currently coding the systems needed (though slightly different then yours).

Last edited:

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
If you're seriously thinking about doing the human campaign, start a thread in the other sub forum like McQva did.

But you will not be completely accepted as part of the project until I think your maps are of a reasonable standard. (Need to see 2-3 of them completed)

As for insane modes, and heroes is completely up to you. You don't NEED to have them.

Level 25
I've already started because I want to play it with my friend this week and I will take the savecode stuff from your campaign maps.
And yes, I am unknown on hive but less in German community and I am very experienced in JASS/vJass/Warcraft 3 mapping.
The only problem I got is the missing English language files since I have German version of patch. Maybe someone could send me WTS files of Bonus Campaign maps, so I won't have to install another version of Warcraft.

Level 1
Oh sad, TheSpoon can't work on it anymore. It's difficult to find a editor as good as TheSpoon. Perhaps you can keep going when you settled the stuffs in real life. I can wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.