• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wc3 Frozen Throne Campaign maps? where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Morning community!

It may sound like a big noob question, but I actually do not know where I can import maps of the normal wc3 Frozen Throne Campaign. ('cause I never used the campaign manager)

Could you help me, please?

Level 11
To steal campaign maps from warcraft you will need the following tools:
WinMPQ (download it from Tools section)
Use it to open war3.mpq inside your warcraft directory for Reign of Chaos Campaign maps and open war3x for all Frozen Throne Maps.
There will be models, skins, sounds and, if you're lucky enough, you'll eventually find the campaign maps somewhere. I don't know where.
EDIT: Ohohoh and that's not maps, that's a HUGE campaign I suppose that it's a single file.... your duty is to tell the world its path ... in the lost world of mpq archive of warcraft... be careful and good luck.. hobbit.

EDIT: and I want to remind you about one thing... blizzard.. has elite programmers on its side... so if you need triggers... you will understand Nothing at all in them.... if you need AI, it is toooo long... if you need terrain - it is whole in pathing blockers.
Honestly, I don't get what do you need blizzard maps for o0

Level 13
actually you can find every single campaign map alone in there, expect the last 2 parts of rexxar campaign, there are placed in the patch mpq. and as a programm to open mpq, i used MPQ master, still i don't think there's a real difference, if you need a specific map, tell me and i can post it. or best thing is you go finding them on your own

and btw, the triggers helped me alot in understanding the world editor

Level 15
blizzard.. has elite programmers on its side... so if you need triggers... you will understand Nothing at all in them.... if you need AI, it is toooo long... if you need terrain - it is whole in pathing blockers.
Honestly, I don't get what do you need blizzard maps for o0

we gotta learn from the ones better than we are =DDDDD what can a better teacher, than elite blizz maps? =DDDD

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Wow... I didn't suppose it to be so difficult. But thanks, Gandalf, for your help. ^^
Anyway, I agree with Dr Super Good... they aren't that good. I only need a terrain. I will remove all units and triggers and so on. Just the terrain....

thank you all!!!

EDIT: @ UreDe4D: if I don't find it, I will ask you, okay? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.