• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign map not working ingame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
If i'm in world editor and I hit test map for one of the maps to my campaign, it will load. But when I go into Frozen Throne and go to my campaign where the buttons for each map are, a map in particular doesn't load, the screen will go black as it usually does, but then returns to the campaign button screen. Any help with this would be appreciated

Level 5
Yeah that happens to me too sometimes. You probably imported a large amount of material into the map's import editor, without importing the same material in the campaign imported files section too. That was how I managed to solve the same problem.

Level 6
Is there a quick way to get all the imported files from the map to the campaign import part? I tried exporting them all but all the paths are back to what they were when I first downloaded them... Pathing them all again will take a while, but i'll do it if I have to... was just wondering if there was an alternative

Level 6
Forgive me for the double post, the edit was glitching. So after painstakingly importing all the data from my map to my campaign importer file. It still returns me to the campaign screen everytime I click to load the map, this is getting frustrating >< But thank you for your help Wacik + rep

Level 5
It still did? That's strange. Then all I have to say is sorry for making you copy everything back in the campaign editor, I know its a real pain. Thanks for the +rep and good luck in finding a solution to your problem.

Level 6
So I thought it may be a trigger problem, so I made a copy of the map and removed all the triggers and tried again. Still nothing. Any more suggestions?

when making campaigns, it is better if you just import the custom objects into the campaign editor itself instead of importing it into the map... plus if you import it on the map then import it again onto the campaign then it will have double file size...

your problem after you imported the files into your campaign editor is that you just imported then, but you did not changed the path of the objects using those files... basically just use my suggestion above... so that means you might need to recreate the objects...

Status
Not open for further replies.