• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"who is the killer" map (start location without building/workers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.
I'm trying to do a simple "Who is the killer" map. I got everything mapped but now i have problems with:
- Creating starting point WITHOUT castle and five workers
- Making random player owner of the killer unit.

Level 17
1. In the trigger editor delete the trigger called melee initialization (or something similar).

• Actions
    • Set i = (Random integer number between 1 and 12)
    • Set p = ((Player(i)) start location)
    • Unit - Create 1 Killer for (Player(i)) at p facing Default building facing degrees
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
Note: you must change 12 to how many players you have.

Level 3
And i should trigger it with a ex. 1 second delay from map start? :D
*"Killer" is a variable i think or unit name?
* What's call RemoveLocation(udg_p)

Level 3
Ok. But what if i inserted there are 12 players but atm i wish to play only with four... Do i have to change it in the map?
I've got problems with "Set p = ((Player(i))) start location). How to set this step by step?

Level 17
Create an integer variable called i.

If there are only 4 players you must set it like this:

• Set i = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
You should actually do this, in case there is a player that isn't playing:

• Actions
    • Set i = (Random integer number between 1 and 4)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • ((Player(i)) slot status) Equal to Is playing
      • Then - Actions
        • Set p = ((Player(i)) start location)
        • Unit - Create 1 Killer for (Player(i)) at p facing Default building facing degrees
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
      • Else - Actions
        • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

Level 3
Aww, i mean I don't know how to make "Then Actions", "Else Actions" in line "If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)". I search for "Action" in Add Action popup and i just get "Skip Remaining Actions" -.-

Level 3
I don't see any "If / Then / Else, Multiple Conditions" I just got "If / Then / Else"

Level 20
I don't see any "If / Then / Else, Multiple Conditions" I just got "If / Then / Else"

maybe you should have said that you have only ROC lol (roc = reign of chaos)
If / Then / Else, Multiple Functions is a TFT action (tft = the frozen throne)
in others words... get somebody to do it for you and then convert the map to roc...(since it will be tft after adding that trigger)
or go buy tft lol

Level 3
Huh, I won't buy TFT just to obtain some new functions... Is there another way to do it?

Level 3
Let's say i found a guy that could lend me his W3 TFT for few days. What things I shouldn't put in to avoid my map being unusable on RoC? And how to conver map to RoC?

Level 20
Let's say i found a guy that could lend me his W3 TFT for few days. What things I shouldn't put in to avoid my map being unusable on RoC? And how to conver map to RoC?

lol dude, listing all the things you should avoid is gonna take for ever,
but ill tell you what will work when you convert map to roc
-ALL triggers (example of a tft trigger is Floating Text)
-TFT abilities not allowed BUT you can use custom ROC abilities (example: critical strike with 10 lvls but not blink,shadow strike etc.)
-same thing with abilities goes for destructibles,doodads,buffs and upgrades

Tutorial to convert TFT maps to ROC here
I suggest you use this WinMPQ v1.64 for the proccess

EDIT:
btw what do you mean for a few days?
all you need is TFT installer(you can download one) and a CD-key from cd-key gen
BUT only if you want TFT to edit your map!! you can't play on b.net with a cd-key from cd-key gen because they are all banned...
still having a banned cd-key won't do any harm to the world editor...

Level 3
I thought pirating is fobidden on this forum... So I got an original from a school friend. I think i should follow the guide on 2nd topic?

Level 20
I thought pirating is fobidden on this forum... So I got an original from a school friend. I think i should follow the guide on 2nd topic?

yes it is but im making sacrifices xD

anyway, i didn't read that tutorial at all lol, i came with my own way to convert maps but ill post you here a fast and easy one...
1)make a new map(empty), go to Scenario->Map Description and change the name of the map and save it on desktop(if you don't when you convert map the name it will be shown as "Just another Warcraft III map")
2)copy your TFT map to your desktop aswell
3)open 2 instances of Win MPQ v1.64 (that means open it twice)
4)in the first instance open your ROC map (the empty roc map)
5)in your second instance open your TFT map
NOTE: When you are trying to open the tft file you can't see it on desktop, that is because you have to "Files of Type" to "All Files(*.*)"
6)delete all the files in the first instance (the roc map)
7)select all the files in the second instance(click the first file, hold shift and click on the last file to select all)
8)now drag and drop the files you selected into the first instace
9)close both instances and your map is now roc, have fun :)

If you have any question pls ask and ill try to answer asap ;p

Level 3
How can i make something like craft system? If someone has i.e. bottle of gas and a lighter, he can make something like a bomb, if he drops one item on another? Would it work on RoC?

Level 20
How can i make something like craft system? If someone has i.e. bottle of gas and a lighter, he can make something like a bomb, if he drops one item on another? Would it work on RoC?

what kind of question is that? -.-
i just said below that ALL triggers work!! so yes it will work...
and what you are looking for is called "Recipe System" check for that in the spells section

Level 3
There are so many Recipes systems out there and i dont know which one to choose :( I don't want too complicated one... Just drag&drop without need to know/have a certain recipe or something like this. I do not want it to automatically combine items as i want to have multiple combinations with one item such like lighter and a molotova coctail, lighter and cigarette etc.

Level 20
There are so many Recipes systems out there and i dont know which one to choose :( I don't want too complicated one... Just drag&drop without need to know/have a certain recipe or something like this. I do not want it to automatically combine items as i want to have multiple combinations with one item such like lighter and a molotova coctail, lighter and cigarette etc.

well i guess this one will do...
  • Item Recipe
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +6) Equal to True
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +9) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +6)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +9)
          • Set ItemRecipe_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Item - Create Claws of Attack +15 at ItemRecipe_Point
          • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Triggering unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ItemRecipe_Point)
        • Else - Actions
i attached the map to make your life easier :p

TIP:
this trigger is a simple example of what TFT triggers can do :D
you haven't seen anything yet^^

Attachments

• Item Recipe.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 45
Level 20
@xorkatoss:
You don't need to create the item at the point and then give it to the hero. Simply use:

• Hero - Create Claws of Attack +15 and give it to (Triggering unit)

yeah but im not sure about that...if you think about it, before the item is given to the unit it has to be created somewhere, so you leak the point it was created, i don't think the item is being created on "air"
so just to be sure im creating the item at a point, giving the item to the unit and then clearing the point leak...

NOTE:
i don't have any proof of what i just said, im just using common sense *_*

Level 17
I did this:

• Give Item
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hero - Create Claws of Attack +15 and give it to Paladin 0004 <gen>
      • Item - Remove (Last created item)
There didn't seem to be any lag (I had 60FPS the whole time). How long do you think it would take for lag to start?

Level 3
well i guess this one will do...
  • Item Recipe
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +6) Equal to True
              • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Claws of Attack +9) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +6)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Claws of Attack +9)
          • Set ItemRecipe_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Item - Create Claws of Attack +15 at ItemRecipe_Point
          • Hero - Give (Last created item) to (Triggering unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ItemRecipe_Point)
        • Else - Actions
i attached the map to make your life easier :p

TIP:
this trigger is a simple example of what TFT triggers can do :D
you haven't seen anything yet^^
Allright, but in this trigger i don't see anything related to manipulating the item in inventory.

Level 20
Allright, but in this trigger i don't see anything related to manipulating the item in inventory.

because you don't have to lol
everytime a unit gets an item it checks if it has the required items for the recipe, if true then it removes the items and gives the "combined" item...
can you show me an example of how you did your item recipe when you had only roc?

Hero - Give item to hero doesn't create a leak; if we translate the GUI action into Jass, it becomes:
UnitAddItemByIdSwapped(). Internally, the item is created in the X and Y coordinates of the said unit; reals don't leak.
i don't know any Jass but thnx for the tip :D

i took a look at some old comments and i just saw that you want the items to be combined if an item is dragged and ropped on another right?
well the trigger i showed you will combine the items when you pick them up...
for the drag and drop function you need to do smth like this...
  • Example
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set udg_IntegerVariable = GetIssuedOrderId()
and after that come complicated checks that i don't remember since i never actually used them *_*
but IMO that's too advanced for you to learn...just stick to simple stuff ;p

Level 3
World Editor isnt for me... While ago i tried to make a shapeshifting spell... To make my work easier I've just edited druid bear form spell to transform someone into a Ice Revenant... When i use the spell in-game it kills my character... :(

Level 20
Can i do such spell by triggers?

it shouldn't be that hard...
if the killer is going to only ONE then you could do it easily...
since as i can see you are still a beginner and can't make MUI (or MPI)...

ill post here a simple trigger soon..

EDIT:
i was gonna post the triggers here but i remembered when i was a beginner too and ppl were showing me only triggers...
for me, viewing triggers did not help AT ALL!! i needed to open the map, view the triggers and learn so im just gonna post the map to make your life easier *_*

NOTE: pls don't post offtopic comments, if you want help with anything else just pm me ;p
also i could convert map to roc if you didn't managed to do it...

Attachments

• Simple Transformation.w3x
    13.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 3
it shouldn't be that hard...
if the killer is going to only ONE then you could do it easily...
since as i can see you are still a beginner and can't make MUI (or MPI)...

ill post here a simple trigger soon..

EDIT:
i was gonna post the triggers here but i remembered when i was a beginner too and ppl were showing me only triggers...
for me, viewing triggers did not help AT ALL!! i needed to open the map, view the triggers and learn so im just gonna post the map to make your life easier *_*

NOTE: pls don't post offtopic comments, if you want help with anything else just pm me ;p
also i could convert map to roc if you didn't managed to do it...

Ok, the problem is that I randomly select killer so I can't point out which unit will it be. You do "Set camper" and select the unit. In my gamemode killer gets spawned at init so i cannot point out which unit will be killer or camper as it is random. Also unit cant just hide as i want to grant peasants ability to reveal hidden when certain object is in inventory.

Level 20
Ok, the problem is that I randomly select killer so I can't point out which unit will it be. You do "Set camper" and select the unit. In my gamemode killer gets spawned at init so i cannot point out which unit will be killer or camper as it is random. Also unit cant just hide as i want to grant peasants ability to reveal hidden when certain object is in inventory.

yeah i already thought of that but i can't help you if you don't give me the map to implement the system for you...
i didn't quite get what you meant with the peasants ability...

Status
Not open for further replies.