• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who can help me with kardel sharpeye ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
Assassinate is literally Storm Bolt with a long cast time and a short stun duration. If you want it to reveal the target create a modified faerie fire that just reveals but does not reduce armor and has a duration the same as the cast time of Assassinate. When the hero begins casting the ability: create a dummy unit, give it the FF ability, order it to cast on the targeted unit, and give it a short expiration timer so it's automatically removed from the map. This can be moderately abused to reveal targets without fully casting the ability if players are smart, so you may have to find another workaround if that really bothers you.

Shrapnel is literally Rain of Fire with a modified cast time (I believe that affects the interval of the waves). If you want it to slow enemies inside you can make a new slow based on Tornado Slow Aura. Make a fake AoE ability from Channel for the Hero to cast. When the hero casts it: create a dummy unit at the target point, give it both the slow aura and the RoF abilities, order it to cast the modified RoF on the target point, and give it an expiration timer that's slightly longer than the duration of the RoF ability.

Boom, almost no triggers. @Kyrbi0 I'm gonna keep tagging you when I do this.

Level 13
Shrapnel uses 2 or 3 abilties.

The spell I think uses only 1 dummy, based it on air unit like Dragonhawk Rider. Then set cast backswing, cast point and death time to zero, model file to "none.mdx" (don't include ""), Attack Enabled to "None", Movement - Height to 500 or greater(but don't go above 800, its too high), Stats - Food cost to zero. Also give it spell like Locust.

There might be 3 spells in Shrapnel spell.

First is dummy spell for Hero based on Channel. Check "Visible" and "Targeting Image" in Level "x" - Options(x is an integer i.e level 1 - Options etc.), Target type to Point target, Area of Effect to value what you want, add some mana cost, cast range etc. Art - Caster should have flare effect

Second is based on clustering missiles(Melee's Tinker's spell). Change every value to 0 except cast range and missile speed, where cast range has to be 99999 and missile speed to ~1000. Change missile model to Frigate or Battleship missile model. Also untick everything in target field so it doesn't affect and stun units.

Third is the actual damage spell based on Rain of Fire. You can configure everything as you wish(damage per second, dps duration, no: of waves) except initial damage(set it to zero), set buff to Shrapnel(custom buff based on RoF buff with Art - Target field being empty) and effect to Shrapnel(custom effect based on RoF effect with Art - Effect field changed to Flying Machine missile)

After making spells, add 2nd and 3rd spells to dummy we made above

I'll just try to explain in trigger. I also assume you have basic Trigger Editor knowledge.
  • Shrapnel
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equals to Shrapnel (Hero) //This is first spell.
    • Actions
      • Set ShrapnelLoc[1] = Position of (Triggering Unit) //SharpnelLoc is a point variable with arrays enabled
      • Set ShrapnelLoc[2] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for Owner of (Triggering Unit) at ShrapnelLoc[1]
      • Unit - Add a 10 second expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets ShrapnelLoc[2]
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for Owner of (Triggering Unit) at ShrapnelLoc[2]
      • Unit - Add Modified Tornado Aura to (Last Created Unit)
      • Unit - Add a "x" second expiration timber to (Last Created Unit) //x is (duration of third spell + 5)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pitlord - Rain of Fire ShrapnelLoc[2]
      • -------- Below ones clear leaks -------
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation[udg_ShrapnelLoc[1]]
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation[udg_ShrapnelLoc[2]]
Thats's all. If you have ques: dont hesitate to ask. I think this is late however

Last edited:
Level 39
@Love Seeker forgot to add lines to set the level of the dummy's abilities to match the level of the spell the hero casts. Without that, levelling up the skill will do nothing!

In general it's best not to have a separate dummy unit for each spell. Instead you can simply make one such unit and then add all the appropriate spells to it after you create it with a trigger. In this case it may be warranted if you need it to cast CR from the air, since setting a unit's fly height isn't truly instaneous (I believe).

The two fields to set to 0 are "cast point" and "cast backswing". It only needs Locust, not Invulnerable Locust is basically Invulnerable if the unit has it on it's ability list in the OE since no units or code can target, see, or find it without a direct reference or putting it in a unit group.

Level 13
@Love Seeker forgot to add lines to set the level of the dummy's abilities to match the level of the spell the hero casts. Without that, levelling up the skill will do nothing!

In general it's best not to have a separate dummy unit for each spell. Instead you can simply make one such unit and then add all the appropriate spells to it after you create it with a trigger. In this case it may be warranted if you need it to cast CR from the air, since setting a unit's fly height isn't truly instaneous (I believe).

The two fields to set to 0 are "cast point" and "cast backswing". It only needs Locust, not Invulnerable Locust is basically Invulnerable if the unit has it on it's ability list in the OE since no units or code can target, see, or find it without a direct reference or putting it in a unit group.
Ah yeah, thanks for that!

For levels, I'll fix the trigger. But it's sure that we wont be needing to add levels to dummy CR since its just eye-candy

Yea, for dummy, I also have thought it wont need separate dummy. But since balls are coming from too high, I thought creating one with modified fly height would fix(In my map where spell had to be cast from air but since dummy is based on footie, it didn't work and so I had to do this to work). EDIT: Forgot to mention that I googled about this but found nothing so I gone that way

Ahh, apologies. I have known that invulnerable is not needed but I didn't know why I added this :p

Level 15
Don't forget the Flare special effect on the caster, I personally like burning oil as the area damage per second part as it gets more random and realistic. By using Tornado Aura slow, you must also be aware that the aura does last 2 seconds longer until it fade away, that said that's what DotA 2 engine uses for Sharpnel so it's perfectly fine. (Except in DotA 2 it's 1 second instead of 2 seconds on Warcraft 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.