• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which whould you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey people!
A question (maybe 100% stupid or just nonsense) is writen below to give me an "image" of people's mind.

If you have to save one of the following and get the other one destroyed, which would you choose?
Save art (e.g. music) or sports?

Please be short and simple.

Art (14): GreeN!X, Solu9, Heinvers, Ironside, Chaosy, JamesxcX, Footman16, Orcnet, genin32, Keiji, Dr Super Good, Paliouras, Tank-Commander, Rheiko

Sports (1): Dalvengyr

Note

When I say sports I exclude self excercises like jogging or going to the gym to lift some weight.

When I say art I exclude games.

Dance is out of this.

Last edited:
Level 14
GreeN!X, wow I just checked your signature! Nice stuff you got! Keep it up!
Btw thanks for your answer.

Solu9, also thanks for your answer though I don't mean sports about the way the have evolved (money and all of this corrupted bussines). However you spoke the truth.

Level 7
As footman16 said already.Will sports destroy only competitive sports like basketball/football or everything that is included in gymnastics?

Level 14
When I say sports I exclude ecxescises (at least the basic) like joking and going to gym.
When I say sports I mean all the team sports as well as sports like box, taw kwo do (don't know how is writen :xxd:). Not joking or some simple self excercises.
Solu9 answers it all above.

Ironside, thanks for the answer!

Footman16, waiting for your answer.

Well it all depends upon your definition of "art". I for one perceive dancing as an art form but it also a sport, technically so I'm still a little weary of how to answer this.

I would be inclined to say art but without a definitive definition I can't really say but for now put me down for art.

Level 7
Then art is a no brainer for me.I mean you can still exercise.And sports could be created from scratch right?

Level 14
Actually, games are excluded from the art I am saying.
I know that games have all those textures, soundtracks and stuff but as a whole I exclude them form art as I excluded joking and self-exercises.

Chaosy, should I keep art or sports?

Footman16, still waiting for your answer. Also I exclude dance.

Paliouras, so you say sports?

Games can be showing an expression just as much as a painting can. It has nothing to do with the texture or animation (which are art on their own account).
Granted a lot of games are not made from an artistic perspective (CoD, Warcraft, LoL etc.)
but games like Limbo, Journey, Flower are.

But of course it's your call to where to draw the line. It's your thread after all.

Level 14
Creating games is an art indeed.
Playing games is not.
Not everyone can create games.
Yet everyone can play a little song on the piano or draw a picture.
With years of training everyone can be an average musician or a painter.
However a game designer is most of the times a life job, not a hobby.
Every average person can arrange with his/her friends a football/voleyball/whateverball match.
Every average person can arrange a small music concert in a friend or his house with other friends.
However no average person can arrange a game designing with his/her friends.

And know someone will say:
"So playing games isn't art. So listening to music is also not art."
"Indeed. However an average person can interact with art and can also create it. An average person can play a game yet he can't create it.".

Solu9, you got some strong point in your post, however I still won't include games...

Level 30
Art is a preservation(expression) of human reasoning, hence its other definition as art is logic. Sports on the other hand, is a way of entertainment that let's you expose your body on fitting exercise and somehow game-value(or nowadays, a competition). I would rather choose art.

Level 14
Wow!
Score got 8-0!
Guess art has better means than sports for the human.
But who knows.
Thread is still open.

Chaosy, thanks for your answer!

JamesxcX, also thanks!

Footman16, good. I just wanted to make sure of it :wink:.

Orcnet, well stated. Thanks.

I'd save art. Art is created trough time and dedication to it. Sport is just a simple fraction of one's body movement and physic capabilities of the person. I value Art much more than Sport. Art can be done by those who have the capabilities to do it. Sport can be done by most with concerning health and physic strength. I vote for ART.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
hey! this is not fair!! 13 - 1 ??

@Destroyer:
you are asking this not at the right place, man. most people here are wasting more than 75% of their time behind their desktop, doing art like modeling and texturing? That explains why sport is epic losing now.

Creature with no art feeling like me will mostly choose sport I guess :D But you know what? I love drawing when I was a kid (and good at it of course), but I realized that it is just POINTLESS and TOTALLY NO FUN afterall, so I decided to LEAVE ART and THROW IT FAR AWAY !!

Level 23
hey! this is not fair!! 13 - 1 ??
Can you elaborate more? What's so unfair about that?

Creature with no art feeling like me will mostly choose sport I guess :D But you know what? I love drawing when I was a kid (and good at it of course), but I realized that it is just POINTLESS and TOTALLY NO FUN afterall, so I decided to LEAVE ART and THROW IT FAR AWAY !!

Yeah, Destroyer, make a poll in a sports forum so that sports will win and Dalvengyr here will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.