• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which race would you like to see become playable in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
MARINES LOTS OF MARINES THEYD SHOOT ALL OF YOU BEFORE YOU EVEN GET A INCH AwAY FROM THEM AND THEYD NUKE YOU AND YOUR ARMY WOULD BE sLauTGhEreD!.!.!

Level 2
i would have to say demons, like from the burning legion and such. and i have to say this since i am such a fan, a race of mutant turtles :)

Level 3
Naga will most likely be playable in the expansion or update. There are Trolls playable on the Horde side, and they're kind of jungle trolls. Satyrs would be cool to play since their the opposites of night elves.
And two-headed ogres would be amusing to play, unless you get stuck with a total idiot.

Level 2
What I think should be done is .
For the trolls make diffrent sets, Ice troll, Forest troll, Dark troll and the Jungle Troll, Jungle troll.
The Ice troll would be more of the type of "orc" it will have raw power, but it will also focus on other atributes, the Jungle troll would be a agile race, focusing mostly on swiftness, the Dark Troll would be the race most would choose for a spell caster, it would focus more on intelligence, then the Forest Troll would be able to be like the "tauren" focuses all out on strength.

Then I suggest there should be the Naga race, from level 1 they should be able to swim like the druid's aquatic form, And as they gain levels they grow larger razor spines that could penetrate attacks.

Ogres, My suggestion for Ogres would be there would be the 2 diffrent types of Ogres, and if either had 1 head or 2 it wouldn't matter, the one ogre would be the Grim-Batol ogre, the ogre that would focus of demonic intelligence, and would be most likely blue, the Spellcaster type, then the Warrior Ogre which would be the normal ogre.

Pandarens, they should be able to gain more fighting strength in battle or spirit, to cast spells with more power , by drinking their beer.

Demon...If demons where made they wouldn't be able to start off with such Godlike powers, I would say if to add demons, they should start off a Imp, a small flying creature, but as they gain levels they gain physical appearance, Height, Weight, Muscular build, obviously there would be a peak level to this.

And I believe Blizzard left something out, I would think you should be able to engage in hostile actions when riding on a mount.

Level 4
LISTEN HERE

There should only be these 12: High Elf, Undead, Human, Goblin, Orc, Night Elf, Troll, Naga, Dwarf, Demon, Gnome, and Tauren. The Allaince races completely balanced with the Horde races, the Night Elf and Naga ally for a greater Sentinels vs. (the over powered) Scourge. The Demons how ever, (because Arthas the new lich king, kisses no ones ass) are against everyone, and they do a good job of it. 8)

As for the Pandas, Dragons, Nerdians and Ogers wake up!! They suck. :x
1.Dragons shouldn't talk! They're ANIMALS Man!! 2.Nerdians are just to few in Warcraft. Besides that they'd be the only race that doesn't have two legs(that would look to weird, sorry :( ) 3.A Pandaren!? Really man! How fresh are we willing to get? Teddy Bears! TEDDY BEARS!!:? 4.And the idea of a two player controled character wouldn't work, it just looks good on paper(Oger) so there...the complications :roll:

:idea: -all races have a favored class...so new class. One for each race. Demons are to be feared, so there is a limit to the amount that can be players...WELL I LIKE IT!!! Or that Imp idea would work to. :wink:

Ask questions...

Level 5
a) its spelt 'Ogre'
b) Pandarens (to your suprise) are PANDAS, not teddies, and deadly blade weilding fighters.
c) goblins arent allied with the horde and would float around, basically being a green clone of gnomes, only replacing mage with shaman.
d) wheres the forskaen?
e) Naga and Night Elves would never ever ally (less likely than the Human\Orc alliance which happened...)

12 races would work if there were 4 factions... but alas only 2 (3 if you stick the Naga, Blood Elf, Draeni and Fel Orc [on draenor] together, which would surprisingly work in WoW if u think about it)

Level 4
Shows what you know / Umm...spelt Ogre?

Read up on stuff before you try and tell someone off
"Dragon"! Ever heard of Warcraft 1 and 2? Its stuffed with goblins and gnomes in the Alliance and Horde!! Why else did they have to explain the gnome apsents on Blizzard's WoW site and the goblins break from the Horde....DUMB A^# :roll:

High Elves are Blood Elves :evil: Its just a different title for the samething...try and think BOY.
So who really gives a crap thier angery :!: The wise Priestess Tyrande said it best(I'm not go'n to tell yah).

Yah the Naga thing is alittle off...but I didn't sujest a trusting alliance. Some old wounds do heal.

The forsake are left out! Who wants to be a squid head FOR REAL!! You'll probally say you do sence your trying to prove a point :roll: ...but really :?: REALLY :!: Draeni are to ugly man! There would be like 25 in the entire world. Not even per server :lol:

The Teddy army isn't valide because there not seen enough in ANY of the games...Same For Dragons, which besides over steping the size requirment for a truly thinking creaturem, they have no army... think man. :twisted:

-Side note: Screw Oges, Dragons, and Teddies... This ain't take'n place in Asia!

Level 5
Baraborn u d*** all u have done is state the f****** obvious! Are goblins in ther horde now... NO! Did I say they were never in the Horde... NO! You DUMB A**!!! Everyone knows they used to be in the Horde but thats old news u d*******. And did i once say that the Blood Elves didnt USED to be the High Elves, heck I barely even make a referance to the Blood Elves! :!: And teddies... they are pandas fool :evil: , hence the name pandaren, and who cares if they havent been in it a lot. The forskaen didn't play a big part in wc3, yet are playable in WoW! And the Forskaen arent those squid thing u d***! :!: The forsaken is the undead faction lead by the Banshee Queen Sylvannas Windrunner!!!! Are you stupid! :evil:

You have basically got 7 of the original 8 (you dont mention the forsaken, only the scourge), and added random races which arent currently allies with any of the 2 factions! Goblins used to be with the horde but NOW offer their services to all the world (eg. Zepplins), the Scourge up in Northrend would be exactly the same as the forsaken, the BLOOD ELVES are allied currently with the NAGA and are in Outland, and no alliacne with the Humans will becoming anytime soon. The Legion wouldnt be a bad idea, excpet for the fact they have allies like the rest of them.

Level 4
Hummm... Really?

All that other stuff I'm done with, exept the forsaken thing. I just consiter those loosers as Undead, just because they got pissed and wanted to Imansipate themselves, doesn't make then a new race (European-Americans are still European even though they lift Europe), thats stupid... they're still dead.

Think in the grand spand of things... Goblins hearts are always going to be with the Horde, they're raised together (remember in the bonus map in Frozen Throne there was a goblin character that Rexxar helped, they're not so involved in Wc3 because the gnomes aren't around to balance them out. It's all relative.

the BLOOD ELVES are allied currently with the NAGA and are in Outland, and no alliacne with the Humans will becoming anytime soon.

Ok, thats all find and dandy, but the Blood/High Elves have that time to make up and play nice with Humans or through the Humans (with the Naga) revisit their old "Groves"(Night Elf lands) and try to gather knowlege from them. Remember this story is 4 years in the future, big things happen in such time. America'll still be at war in 1 year (we maybe just finishing).

-Plus remember in this senario the last Demons are being extremenated so everyones against them, because they're against everyone.

-Also in the story (although Undead can summon demons) that doesn't mean they're allied with them. To be summoned is to be called in to slavery for a time, not an alliance (Just so we're clear on that).
In short NO Demons haven't any allies.

Level 3
The Allied Secondary Races

Here comes some information about the appearently most popular secondary races in World of Warcraft:

- Naga, allied with the Blood Elves and Drenai. Possibly commanders of the Fel Orcs, but not exactly allies. Are especially hostile against Night Elves. Hostile to Undead.

- Blood Elves, allied with the Naga and Drenai. Possibly commanders of the Fel Orcs, but not exactly allies. Aren't especially hostile to any race except the Undead. They are not necessarely hostile to the Human alliance, but a reforging of the old alliance with them is not probable.

- Drenai, allied with the Naga and Blood Elves.

- Fel Orcs, previously commanded by Magtheridon in Outland (previous Draenor). Are now commanded by Illidan, possible the Naga and Blood Elves, but it is not probably that they are actually friendly to them.

- Goblins, previously members of the Horde, now neutral in the war, not probable to join any faction. They gain more profits by selling their services to all races.

- Ogres, residing mainly in Azeroth, and are not interested in the wars. They are simply not intelligent enough to actively ally with anyone, except for rare cases such as mercenaries.

- Nerubians, if alive, tend to keep their distance from the war, residing only in Northrend. They show much hatred for the Scourge, and are in total a quite hostile race. Not probable to join any faction.

Level 6
i wunt naga. nagas r soo cool n i would love to play nagas cuse they can swim!!

p.s. wut the hell is a drenai???

Level 5
The Drenai are inhabitants of Draenor (Outland). When the Legion came to Draenor and corrupted the Orcs, most of the Drenai Clans were slaughtered. It wasn't until Illdian freed them of the demon keepers that they were fully liberated again. The Drenai have stealth skills that equal (surpass even) those of the night elves, with some drenai able to sustain Permanent Invisability (until they attack that is). They are allied with the Naga and Blood Elves, and technically you could say are allied with the Fel Orcs through the Naga\Blood Elves (Four allied races, hmmm another faction in WoW? Make it so Blizzard).

Level 3
Drenai & Fel Orcs

Technically they're allied with the Fel Orcs.
The Drenai and Fel Orc are ancient rivals, and will not easily let down their guard in front of eachother. The Fel Orcs are forced to obey Illidan, but they would hardly actually ally with the Drenai. The Fel Orc race has over the centuries almost hunt the Drenai to extinction, and the Drenai are not probable to forgive them for this easily.

About Other Factions

No new playable races or factions will appear before the game is released. After the release, expansions or patches will come, where eventually, these elements may be entered into the game. No desicion has been taken as to what races/factions will be playable in the future.

Level 6
k ths guys, but can anyone plz tell me wut happend after arthas attacked illidan in tft around the end there, u no, plz

Level 3
Events after the Frozen Throne...

If you are interested in the events that came after the Frozen Throne, you should buy some Blizzard Warcraft novels and such.

If you're concerned about Illidan's safety, I can tell you that he survived though. He didn't die from Arthas attack, since the champion was weakened and focused on reaching the Lich King. After the confrontation with Arthas, Illidan retreated back to Outland.

Level 6
oh yay :D thx, ur the best, illidan rocks and im soo glad he's still alive, i hope he comes back in one off the patches or expancions of wow. it would so great to do quests for him, i would probably stand there looking at him (no i am not gay, he's my FAV!!!!!! character) all day long.

p.s. do any off u now were i could read the wc novels on the internet without buiying or dl it? i must read them. and did any of u ppl notis in the blizz store that "the war of the anicients trilogy" only has one book, "the well of eternity". i thought a trilogy wus 3 books.lol And wears outland???

Level 11
I would love to play as a High Elf or Blood Elf. High Elves could be more warrior-like(Swordsmen, Archers, Rangers, etc) and Blood Elves could be excellent spellcasters(Spellbreakers, Blood Magi, etc). I think it would be cool if there was a third faction made up of Illidan's followers(Blood Elves, Naga, Dranei)...but I have read on Blizzards site that there will be alot of NPC's that are from a non-playable race...it's in the FAQ somewhere if anyone wants to read about it.

Level 3
Daande, I read somewhere that Ogres aren't really dumb in Warcraft, they'd be a formidable race if they didn't fight with eachother all the time. Also, Nerubians would be near impossible to implement. Not just because they have 6 legs, because they'd actually be really big if scaled correctly. Fel Orcs would be pretty much the same as Orcs only red. I mean they have demon blood in them but in the game it only serves as a visual difference. High Elves and Blood Elves are NOT the same, Blood Elves are what is left of the High Elves, not THE High Elves. Speaking og High, they're rarely called that. At least I don't remember tham being called that that much. I remember Elves of Quel'Thalas. Naga would be fun, but they already have ingame shots of them on the World of Warcraft Game Site. They look more like monsters to kill. As far as Demons go, they only really exist on outland now, just like the Elves, mainstay of Naga, and Draenei. I suppose Blizz could make two different realms that you could teleport to. The only Naga/Elves left on the regular continents would probably be remnants of the Illidans/Kael's forces. There for they'd have a hard time coming up with a starting location. Especially since Elves are no longer aligned with humans. Pandarens would be fun, but they'd have to come up with a lot of details for them, and a stating location as well. Frankly, I'm just happy that the game looks and plays so good already(my friend has the beta)

*EDIT* Highborne, but not High Elves heh. For screenshot of Naga go here http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=140&Set=0

Status
Not open for further replies.