• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which race would you like to see become playable in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Uuuh... I don't think so, and don't dubble post pls, there is a nice Edit button here somewere.. and murlocs might be weak but they aren't dumb, they are just a new race (or a race that started to develop late) thats why they at this moment are still around the prehistoric time (if you look at culture) And at that time humans were even smarter then we are now...

Level 35
Orcs!!!!! THATS BRILLIANT spacebar, OOOOOH can we include some elves too, mabye a purple variety, and some sexy energy vampire ones too. And an average vanilla race with round ears and tall muscular build....we could call them Humans and they could have swarthy short allies called dwarves and eccentric scientists called gnomes. And OOOOOOH A protoss rip off race that looks like Eradar, We could call then Ouchyoudooledonmyeye or Dranei for short.

Level 35
hmmmmz, you might be right. A race of average round eared pink creatures is really looney. No one would ever want to play such a rediculous race, lets replace them with a race of Seal people with tusks. We could call them the Tuskarr and their females could be called *in a scottish accent* A SEAL WOMAN, and their special ability could be called SPLEE which does 2000+ damage to all bearded models in the area.

Level 23
hahahaha, were is that one from? (I myself remember it from a serie, but it might be a myth too.. I don't know) oh and btw, why don't we add a goofy guy with wings and horns too the game, and call the dude Illidan and make him a boss that you can kill 999999999999999999 times and totally ruin the storyline for future games?

Level 36
Well, yes, but that's because they made him a serverwide event didn't they? With Ragnaros, or Kel Thuzad, or any of the other important bosses, or even Thrall or Sylvannis, when you kill THEM, it does not count for anything, and the lore treats it like they never died so an insignificant WoW player killed them, not anyone important.

Level 45
Illidan is killed by Maiev and Akama, the players are side noted as "unknown" warriors/heroes or such.

Death:
  • Maiev: It is over. You are beaten.
    Illidan: You have won... Maiev. But the huntress... is nothing without the hunt. You... are nothing... without me.
    Maiev: He's right. I feel nothing. I am nothing. Farewell, champions.
    Akama: The Light will fill these dismal halls once again. I swear it.

Level 45
Now that we know the Lich King will be waiting for us in the next expansion, lore junkies and raiders have begun to speculate exactly how his story will end -- or even if it will. Blizzard has shown no qualms about letting raid groups kill lore figures like Vashj and Kargath Bladefist, but they've also let some escape or resurrect (Kael'thas, Kel'thuzad) and arranged for Illidan's death to come at the hands of two lore characters as well as the raid.
Illidan is dead in the story. Kel'thuzad is alive in the story. Vashj is dead in the story. Kael'thas is alive in the story(so far...), Nefarian is dead in the story.

You get a quest to kill Illidan. You kill Illidan, turn in the quest, Illidan is cannonically dead. Besides, everyone assumed he was dead at the end of TFT anyway, since there was no proof shown that he survived. He did, just to die to us anyway.
Im VERY sure he's dead. If he wasnt they wouldnt have a specific quest for it nor have other characters involved and have them interact and talk to illidan as if it was a play.

Level 6
Uhm, why does everyone assume WoW has anything to do with WC3? Simply because it has 'Warcraft' in the title? As far as I'm concerned, anything that happens in WoW does not affect the Warcraft storyline. Illidan is not dead. Don't worry, three expansions from now Blizzard will announce that Maeiv resurrected Illidan to transport him back to prison in order to appease her "warden master" or some bullcrap like that. Yes, Blizzard loves to fool people.

Level 36
Uhm, why does everyone assume WoW has anything to do with WC3? Simply because it has 'Warcraft' in the title? As far as I'm concerned, anything that happens in WoW does not affect the Warcraft storyline. Illidan is not dead. Don't worry, three expansions from now Blizzard will announce that Maeiv resurrected Illidan to transport him back to prison in order to appease her "warden master" or some bullcrap like that. Yes, Blizzard loves to fool people.

I beg to differ. In order to make WoW work (YES, WoW IS a part of the Warcraft Lore, and it is set in the same time and space as WC3, albeit several years after). By choosing to advance the story of Warcaft, they choose to add to the Lore, and to make the details and plot events in WoW part of the canon, or the Lore.

WoW is very much a part of the Lore, so that's why it's so important for Blizzard to watch what they do with WoW, because it WILL effect what they can do with the next Warcraft game (should it ever come).

Level 35
And so my fanboyism begs me to tell this prophecy...........

"And so the Quel-Dorei once on the brink of destruction shall arise, They will challenge the evil that forced them into exile and war shall come upon the earth. The blood will flow into the seas as the once scattered race unites under one banner. Scattered no more they shalt inturn destroy those who burned their homes and raised their bodies into unholy everdeath. The wars of elf and undeath shall not be contained as they cut the rotting flesh and break the bones of those that drove them to undeath in days long past. They will burn them un-alive with the power of their renewed stregnth and faith in The Light. Once dwindeling in number they will revive the souls of those long perished in bodies anew. Arming themselves with elven courage and blades of anger they will march upon the frozen gates of Icecrown and batter them down. The vengence that ever burned within their souls shall issue forth and the blazing terror of their wrath shall consume they that dwell within the cold wastes of the north. The war bells of Quel-Thalas are ringing...........Be wary, fore the Quel-Dorei will answer their calls."

-Prophecies of Elenai 4:99: The Imbecility of Imbecils-

I like that prophecy even though chances are it wont happen.

Level 23
Murlocs are everything but predictable ^^, becouse they behave like their dumb and just going on land to build villages, but actualy they are working coördinated to take all of Azeroth ^^, And that is a fact from the WoW Lore.

Level 26
Murlocs are everything but predictable ^^, becouse they behave like their dumb and just going on land to build villages, but actualy they are working coördinated to take all of Azeroth ^^, And that is a fact from the WoW Lore.
Also from the WoW lore, they are minions for a higher power, and therefore have a very small chance of joining either team.

Level 13
A new faction would be a refreshment ^^.
That could require some major changes to the current world if you ask me. . . Unless if it's something like Scourge that's only in Northrend. It could work if the hero classes were only for scourge. For example when you choose Human - Death Knight it goes to Scourge. Then they could add something like a Necromancer too.

Another cool faction would be a neutral one. Maybe something like "The Wild" which could have Furbolgs and Pandaren and maybe some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.